Hershey NEW Food info and Registration Update #2

Steve Moskowitz

First of all, there will be several new food vendors this year at the 2023 flea market and show.  Enough?  Not sure as there still seems to be a problem on getting vendors at that time of year but HE&R is working on it.  They are also looking into some healthy food options that HE&R would provide.  They listened to your comments forwarded on by me.

A REMINDER:  AUGUST 15TH IS THE DEADLINE....PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT PROCRASTINATE ANY MORE! GET YOUR REGISTRATIONS IN NOW FOR OUR GREAT CAR SHOW!!! (DON'T FORGET FLEA MARKET AND CAR CORRAL TOO)

• Like 2

Thanks for the update............It would be great for an inset page in the directory showing all the food venders locations and type of food...........with less of them, it's nice to plan ahead while walking and not have to wait in line for 45 minutes. I still think we are going to bring a cooler and our own food this year, but it's nice to have other options. Be well........Ed

Thanks for the update and for all the time and effort to make this ( for many people the only large  show/event  they attend) the greatest event of the year

Never to early to remind all attending to say THANK YOU to AACA and the Hershey Region members who devote so much time to this to give us all some meaningful and happy times.

• Like 3

On 7/17/2023 at 10:32 AM, Steve Moskowitz said:

I am not sure that will be nailed down by print time but a good idea.  

Maybe the Hershey Region should consider adding a page to their Fall Hershey website with this information like a "What's New at Fall Hershey This Year" section?  AACA National should put this information on the AACA Facebook Page and post it in this forum for those here that do not do FB as well. The more eyeballs that see this information the better.

New food options are great but if the majority of people attending Fall Hershey do not know about the new food vendors or food options they may not be financially successful enough to keep them around next year.

• Like 1

Charlie, sadly the contracts with vendors will not be signed by the date all the material has to be to the printer so it cannot be in the program but the website is absolutely possible and in multiple locations.  The national club is also working with HE&R to print leaflets up with a list and location of food vendors.

Last year, some of you asked for some healthy food alternatives.  HE&R is trying to make that happen but would like to know what interests you folks.  I met with one of the concessionaires last night and she is begging for ideas.  Not necessarily healthy but do you think a hearty chili would go over with the crowd?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Steve Moskowitz changed the title to Hershey NEW Food info and Registration Update #2

I think almost anything is fine………the lines were so long last year I skipped eating half the days…….and I never miss a meal. 

I totally get the wold has shifted post Covid with vending……….we lost half of the truck food venders local to me in Florida, and we never really shut down……..and during the pandemic the food trucks were rocking and rolling. 

Simple hotdog/hamburger vendors are fine. For me last year the strangest thing was there were no venders where they had been for decades. With old tired bones…….walking twenty rows out of my way isn’t an option any more. So better planning of……..”eat while you can” or when the lines are short is fine for me. I think if everybody is aware of it they can adjust easily even if there are still fewer vendors. Thanks for your efforts……they are very much appreciated.

Maybe a Capital Grill or Morton’s Steakhouse? Of course……that’s only an option if Steve M is buying! 

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Not particularly healthy but the Italian/Pizza vendor that always set up at the base of the bridge on the Chocolate field side was awesome and we miss it. We drove into Hershey last year for pizza take-out.

Having chic-fil-a over at the Giant center is super as well, just need one or two more of them!

Something a little healthier would be some hot or cold subs. Wouldn't it be nice to have a Jersey Mikes?

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/26/2023 at 2:19 PM, pkhammer said:

Not particularly healthy but the Italian/Pizza vendor that always set up at the base of the bridge on the Chocolate field side was awesome and we miss it. We drove into Hershey last year for pizza take-out.

Having chic-fil-a over at the Giant center is super as well, just need one or two more of them!

Something a little healthier would be some hot or cold subs. Wouldn't it be nice to have a Jersey Mikes?

Chic-fil-a is a great tip, and Jersey Mike's would be awesome, they are both generally considered "safe" gluten free restaurants, something Mrs. Mack absolutely must have.  We are likely bringing our own food for the most part, for that reason, but the Chic-fil-a tip is something we will check into.  Do you know if they are in the Giant center or a truck?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Chic-fil-a is a great tip, and Jersey Mike's would be awesome, they are both generally considered "safe" gluten free restaurants, something Mrs. Mack absolutely must have.  We are likely bringing our own food for the most part, for that reason, but the Chic-fil-a tip is something we will check into.  Do you know if they are in the Giant center or a truck?

Last time I was there Chick-Fil-a was setup in a truck out in front of the Giant Center. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, TheYorkBell said:

Last time I was there Chick-Fil-a was setup in a truck out in front of the Giant Center. 

I remember the Chick-Fil-A truck at the Giant Center as well. Was it also on the show field during the show? Cannot seem to remember seeing it there. Then again, I was busy judging for a few hours that day.

• 4 weeks later...

Quick shout out to Piazza Sorrento's for anyone else like Mrs. Mack who requires Gluten Free:

https://www.piazzasorrento.com/

We had a fantastic dinner last night, 5 minute drive, we did take out as our dog is here hunting parts wiyh us as well.  Great service and considered "safe" by Celiac review sites, who rate places offering GF menu choices on ability to avoid cross contamination.  Those nice folks get it for sure.

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hey Steve,

Please have everyone use the term “ SWAP MEET “…..

” Flea Market “ sounds like Tupperware , Plates sets, Unwanted Baby Clothes,

Old Used Raggedy Ann’s, Beanie Babies, and Sun Glasses…..

” SWAP MEET “ is Cars, Car Parts, and Automotive Related Items….

Flea Markets, by and large, are for ladies in the neighborhood…

SWAP MEETS, by and large, are for M E N …..

Craig…..

• Like 1