1929 CLASSIC CAR - Lincoln Model L Roadster - $79,500 (Fullerton CA) not mine

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/fullerton-1929-classic-cars-lincoln/7595513873.html#

(Can't wait to see the comments)

Only 7 of its kind. Possibly the last one

95% Original
Fully Restored 15 Years Ago
I have owned this car for over 24 years
V-8 Original Engine
Manual Transmission
White Wall Tires (2 Side Mounted Tires)
Rear Trunk, Rumble Seat
Side Compartment for Golf Clubs
Has been driven less than 100 miles since the restoration
Extra Features Included (Ask for more info)
Registered in California

Possible Trade

For more information
Please Call: (562) 879-2031

00c0c_5PH1HFp79kbz_0ak07K_600x450.jpg

00x0x_8opnCl3RULvz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00404_2MvHwvWom5mz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00P0P_eFnhrEe6FCBz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00f0f_c9hcfK3xncZz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

• Like 3

The car was restored in Mexico. The bumpers were missing, so they made new bumpers from photos. The first thing you would have to throw away. There are many other incorrect things on this car. This car is a good restoration project, where you would need to source all the correct pieces to turn it back into a car. The bones are there. This is a $40-45K car.

Is there any evidence that this car 'could' have been this colour new? I dont find it absolutely horrible, I think if it had black wall tires and black painted wheels that would tone it down a great deal. Im glad Im not in the tax bracket for a car of this caliber or I would have been suckered quite a few times already.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

Is there any evidence that this car 'could' have been this colour new? I dont find it absolutely horrible, I think if it had black wall tires and black painted wheels that would tone it down a great deal. Im glad Im not in the tax bracket for a car of this caliber or I would have been suckered quite a few times already.

Anything is possible but highly doubtful.  Change the tires and brake drums to black and thing will look a bit better.  For comparisons sake look at this car:

https://www.goodingco.com/lot/1930-lincoln-model-l-sport-roadster

1930_Lincoln_Model_L_Convertible_Coupe_3

• Like 2

22 hours ago, 28StutzCabriolet said:

The car was restored in Mexico. The bumpers were missing, so they made new bumpers from photos. The first thing you would have to throw away. There are many other incorrect things on this car. This car is a good restoration project, where you would need to source all the correct pieces to turn it back into a car. The bones are there. This is a $40-45K car.

Many years ago, it was common to take cars across the border for cosmetic work. I had a friend who took his car there for upholstery. Unfortunately, after he picked it up he stopped in San Diego to eat, and while he was in the restaurant, some one broke into the car and cut a big hole in the back seat to remove drugs! 

• 6 months later...