1955 Chrysler Imperial Two Door Hardtop Very Original Car - $19,500 (Hagg Lake)

deac

Nice driver/local show quality 55 imperial. This car has been dry stored for decades in a concrete floored shop. I have taken it to several local cruise in events and it always gets attention. The factory hemi runs fine, and the transmission shifts good. The next steps in this car will be a complete tune up including a carb rebuild and a freshening up of the brake system as the car pulls to the right. I cruised it this summer but we will say it's safe to drive onto your trailer for safety reasons. Body has a few scrapes and dings but nothing serious. The car is very solid in the floors, trunk, cowl, window channels, etc. There is some rust through behind the tires underneath the car on both sides. Cash price is 19,500.00. I own other classic mopars and this car compliments them well and is enjoyable to drive. For any less it will remain here. I will say again, plan to do a full tune up, carb rebuild and address the brakes. Please view all photos provided.

https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/7571561896.html

This is not mine and I have not stake in the sale of this vehicle

00303_hM9gm0mbsV5z_0x20oM_1200x900.jpg

00m0m_kYFlW5Aw0AHz_0x20oM_1200x900.jpg

00j0j_aHwqIwB8yp9z_0x20oM_1200x900.jpg

00K0K_j5PjU5MuePBz_0x20oM_1200x900.jpg

00h0h_ayag29HtuHVz_0x20oM_1200x900.jpg

00x0x_7Em3jFMBSROz_0x20oM_1200x900.jpg

00v0v_32jg9Hsb8l9z_0x20oM_1200x900.jpg

00B0B_7rrtX1ey7Eyz_0x20oM_1200x900.jpg

00t0t_31RI876Z4Eyz_0x20oM_1200x900.jpg

00P0P_iTwks83siqBz_0x20oM_1200x900.jpg

00e0e_dpc2GppydMwz_0x20oM_1200x900.jpg

• Like 5

I often wonder when I see a nice looking car like this, and the owner states, "just needs a tune up and a carb re-build". Why not pay $50 for the tune up and let's say $250 for a rebuild of the carb and then you don't have to make excuses for the car and sell it straight up? Seems like a small investment if you really think the car is worth 20K. It is a nice looking car IMO and by not putting a few dollars in to it, you are inviting tire kickers looking for what else is wrong. 

Edited by kingrudy (see edit history)
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kingrudy said:

I often wonder when I see a nice looking car like this and the owner states, "just needs a tune up and a carb re-build". Why not pay $50 for the tune up and let's say $250 for a rebuild of the carb and then you don't have to make excuses for the car and sell it straight up? Seems like a small investment if you really think the car is worth 20K. It is a nice looking car IMO and by not putting a few dollars in to it, you are inviting tire kickers looking for what else if wrong. 

Totally agree, kind of like the ones who don't wash the car or leave it on the trailer. In this case he is asking serious money for the car so a few hundred dollars invested could easily net a positive result.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TexRiv_63 said:

Totally agree, kind of like the ones who don't wash the car or leave it on the trailer. In this case he is asking serious money for the car so a few hundred dollars invested could easily net a positive result.

Or ---

not having the work done in order to hide something more serious?

You buy the car, expect to do the carb and tune-up, only to learn there are indications of burned valves, worn rings, bad lifters, bent pushrods, etc?

Some repairs are undone to "Let the Buyer Beware" !

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 3