1936 Lincoln, not mine

I was trying to locate a complete tail light bezel, lens and center jewel. Thought behind that was to try and find parts that are in the same condition, and would match existing parts and condition of the car. Thank you for replying, and offering the bezel you have. Might have followed up on your offer to purchase the item. Locating a car for sale that I was interested in, prompted the listing and sale of the Chrysler. Did not know you were waiting for a reply on purchasing your bezel. Sorry if there was any confusion in my comments. Your suggested asking price would be more than fair.

I must be lucky. Ive bought 2  garage fresh Lincolns and both ran well with some massaging  . I had a 23 L and a 30 K . Both ran nice and ran cool. Why is it assumed that every old Lincoln is a thrown rod  away  every time you drive it.. Is the old Fork and Blade  rods that troublesome?? Or is it the mixture of aluminum and iron  motors?? Its kind of sad  that the quality cars like the Lincolns. , Pierces and Packards that are barn fresh are considered a piranha.  I agree  this old Lincoln has a cool look. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mikewest said:

Its kind of sad  that the quality cars like the Lincolns. , Pierces and Packards that are barn fresh are considered a piranha

If they are good, they are wonderful, but if they need ANYTHING one can quickly fall into a very deep inescapable expensive situation.

Complex, high quality Full Classics are either proven to be good running and mechanically sound (at sellers expense) or a prospective buyer should assume the worst and offer accordingly. 

As the buyer of a nice original 29 Cadillac that only needed a battery and gas, I ended up with a $14,000 engine rebuild.  
My nice original, running 26 Lincoln quit minutes after arrival and hasn’t run again.  Hours working and troubleshooting (with 2 Lincoln people) and it still sits. 

They are either good from the start or they need lots of $$$. Parts are not plentiful or cheap.  There’s just no halfway or tinkering on these things.  

• Like 2

On 9/30/2022 at 9:18 AM, Matt Harwood said:

I'm sure it doesn't need anything expensive...

Matt- your assumption challenges the limits of the theory of relativity LOL.  Expensive- THAT IS a relative term, right?

Cheers...

Dave