My 58’ Century Caballero Estate Wagon Build

jackofalltrades70

Well, not ready for paint this weekend. Still prepping the doors and odds and ends on the car body.  
Thanks to reading 95Cardninal post on a screw that was broken in the rear gate latch, I found one of mine that was also broken and was able to remove it.  This prompted me to revise the car and removed 5 other fasteners that had broken off during removal.  I am really close to finishing. Have a few details to finish up on the last door and then one more once over on all of the surfaces.  Then, have to find and hang the plastic on the walls.

Glad I took the time and slowed down a bit. 

Edited by jackofalltrades70 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2023 at 5:55 PM, jackofalltrades70 said:

Many of Buick and I suppose GM stainless trim is contoured on the sides.  I will find the pin/ball that is the correct contour that I need, lock it in a vice and dolly/hammer from the back side.

Hi Matt

Great work on the wagon. Where did you buy the pin/ball dolly set? Those are very helpful.

Thanks

Hey Matt: Could you show the details of how you plan to mount the roof rails?  ie. nuts, retainer clips, gaskets, etc.  I'd like to see how you are going to waterproof the mounting holes.   I have a '57 and will eventually remove/reinstall my rails to remove rust and prevent leaks.  Thanks.

BTW, couldn't locate that "pin ball" dolly set at Harbor Freight.....or anything like it on the web.

7 hours ago, roadmaster_56 said:

Hey Matt: Could you show the details of how you plan to mount the roof rails?  ie. nuts, retainer clips, gaskets, etc.  I'd like to see how you are going to waterproof the mounting holes.   I have a '57 and will eventually remove/reinstall my rails to remove rust and prevent leaks.  Thanks.

BTW, couldn't locate that "pin ball" dolly set at Harbor Freight.....or anything like it on the web.

As a tip from 98Cardinal, buy some 3M rubber rope seal and tear off pieces, roll the length in your hands to make the diameter smaller and wrap it around the studs before attaching it to the roof. Will post pictures when I get to that stage.

Matt

• Like 1

Drove 8.5 hrs after work last night to Troy Michigan to meet up with Jim Pickard and Joe Tonietto.  Buying a/c parts from Jim that he has been saving for me.  Joe is making his 58’ wagon available for me to take pictures of assembly of the front end and engine compartment.

Looking forward to a Buickfull day with these guys!

Cannot wait to see their cars. Wagon heaven

• Like 6