For Sale: Custom Paint: 1956 Cadillac eldorado - $10,000 - Iowa

So desperate to take photos and get it advertised/cash in that they didn't have time to remove the tow chain...

• Like 2

One has to wonder why a pink 1956 Cadillac Sedan de Ville four door hardtop wasn't enough, but they had to paint it up to be a circus clown...

Next to the Eldorado Biarritz convertible and Seville hardtop or a Series 62 convertible, the new-for-1956 Sedan de Ville was THE Cadillac to own.  The Sedan de Ville (41,732) instantly outsold the Series 62 four door sedan (26,222).

Here is how good they look right from Clark Avenue, Detroit...

'56 Cadillac Sedan de ville AC pink AZ g.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Addendums (see edit history)
  • Thanks 2

Looks like they leaded the rear door seams on a sedan, series 62 or DeVille. Without identifying trim, I can’t tell one from the other.

Speaking of trim, how to do you open the two functioning doors without door handles?

44 minutes ago, suchan said:

Looks like they leaded the rear door seams on a sedan, series 62 or DeVille. Without identifying trim, I can’t tell one from the other.

Speaking of trim, how to do you open the two functioning doors without door handles?

I see the rear door seam in the passenger side photo. Better angle than the driver’s side pic. I think the rear doors are also operational. 

Doors are probably opened with electrical  “poppers” (as long as the battery isn’t dead). Commonly used when shaving door handles on customs. I do not know how reliable they are. 

• Like 1