Car Event - CarMania in Hershey - July 24th

John, the date chosen was based upon availability of Wayne and others.  If we are able to make it an annual event it will always be up to all the factors that go into a show.  The main factor in allowing us to put on an event of this scale was a benefactor helping us out with the cost.  We realize that Sundays are a day of worship for many and they cannot attend or it is a family day.  We do our best to serve but it is not easy pulling all these parts together as there are a lot of events going on at the same time. Dates will have to be chosen as feasible.  

1 hour ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Maybe some of the folks will get a renewed sense of appreciation for our cars and vice versus.  Maybe we can even get them to join AACA!

It is a grand and smart gesture to do this. All or most of the street rod crowd will recognize that hopefully and be appreciative of the fact.

You may not get many to join AACA immediately BUT the good PR that AACA reached out to fellow enthusiasts no matter what their stance on cars may be will be evident .

I think an annual "Good will for all" is a genuine display of caring about  'big wheels' - on cars that is !  I highly commend AACA on its deep thinking and gesture about doing this. Forward thinking ( all clubs need to do) that will long be remembered. We live for today but all look forward to tomorrow, next month, year etc.

Walt

PS If you attend please take the few minutes to say thanks to all the AACA staff, officers etc who are working there to make it a grand day for all.

• Like 3

Walt, you captured exactly what we were thinking in the "Good will for all" as this event is totally free to the local community that wants to attend and to the car owners.  It was a chance to introduce our new facility to the surrounding public and what work goes on here along with reaching across the table to car owners who may not feel AACA has a place for them.  Many vehicle's that are regulars at cars & coffee events do in fact fit in with AACA.  They just may not know about us.  Hopefully this is a win-win for everyone.  Certainly Dunkin Donuts is happy! :) 

• Haha 2

On 6/24/2022 at 2:29 PM, Steve Moskowitz said:

The staff and friends of AACA's new building are putting on a one day event for all kinds of cars.  It is meant to be a welcome to the community type of event and is free to everyone. It is not a AACA car show but a community celebration day.  As such, we are opening it up to all kinds of vehicles and hope that we can expose them to what we do here at AACA.  Everyone will get a magazine and get a chance to tour the facility.  Please feel free to join us.

It is just a way to share our property (and the October show field) with the public.  It is a day we can educate people on what we stand for and we are sure that "no animals will be harmed" in allowing this one day event to deviate from our mission.

We have room for at least a 1,000 cars so join us for a fun day.

CARmania 2022 #4 (003).jpg

Steve - will there be plenty of parking for spectators?  I can't bring a vintage car this time.  Thanks!

Along those lines, are you planning 'special/separate' parking for cars that fit into the aaca, hot rod, custom etc. category? I dont want to sound out of line but if (assuming I get there in a timely fashion) I end up parking in a field beside a new dodge challenger or a new silverado I will bring my wifes car that gets twice as good as mileage as my antique.

To make it clear, this is a "mingle" event.  Unless cars are coming in as a group like the Olds club everyone will be parked according to order how they arrive.  This event has been hard enough to do without trying to determine which car goes where!  Hopefully, we all can appreciate each others interest and those of us that prefer our cars as manufactured can introduce our world to others. So, we have no idea of what people will actually want to park in the show field.  It will be interesting!

• Like 3

Left the house at 630 am, made the hour plus trip there, spent a few hrs in the heat, had a great time now back home. Great turnout. Talked to a lot of people, not sure if any were forum guys. Lots of great cars, and a very diverse crowd.  Warhawk, I did see your car. J Hess, sorry you had troubles but at least you made it. I left the T/A home and took my wifes mustang. 25mpg plus her car has A/C.  I will try to get some pics up.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, avgwarhawk said:

This will leave a lasting impression on your butt. 

PXL_20220724_124632783.jpg

PXL_20220724_124622239.jpg

I believe this was Wayne C.'s car. Started life as a Talledega Torino, in itself a rare car. This thing was exceptionally finished. Lots of attention to detail. I was standing beside the side exit exhaust when Wayne moved it into place. Yes it was loud and beastly!!

• Like 2

wow...... Steve.... didn't get to meet you, but very nice show... thanks for all you do for us... hope this continues annually  .... met and talked to lots of people today... Most notably a young man (14 years old) His name is pete..... already has his first vehicle, an 88 chevy van... very knowledgeable on cars and proof there is hope for the next generation... 

takerry,avgwarhawk.... I arrived about 930... parked in the back row... despite earlier setback, had a good day..... hope you did also...  back home now, all in one piece.. John 

• Like 2

I did see Steve a couple of times at a frantic pace. I was going to say hi! But it looked like he had his hands full. Thanks to Steve and all of the other volunteers/staff that put this on. I took a look inside of the new HQ, quite an impressive building, will have to come back when I can 'sit a spell'. I know there are many donors but a thanks to Mr. and Mrs. High for their commitment to the project!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TAKerry said:

I believe this was Wayne C.'s car. Started life as a Talledega Torino, in itself a rare car. This thing was exceptionally finished. Lots of attention to detail. I was standing beside the side exit exhaust when Wayne moved it into place. Yes it was loud and beastly!!

I was behind it when I arrived! It is loud. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

52237483562_71e0c10f0e_c.jpg

I remember this car when it was featured in Hot Rod back in the 1960's, never knew it was on the East Coast now. Hope it is on the field at the Hershey Fall Meet. Bob 

I am pretty sure they had a photo copy of the article  beside the car. I usually read all of that kinda stuff but passed. Wish I had now. I do know that on the page/pages they had there was a pic of this car and a coupe. It looked like the same car with swapped bodies.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

I am pretty sure they had a photo copy of the article  beside the car. I usually read all of that kinda stuff but passed. Wish I had now. I do know that on the page/pages they had there was a pic of this car and a coupe. It looked like the same car with swapped bodies.

Thanks! Sounds like they are up front on the cars history. I've spent some time trying to find the issue it was in before going through a 3 foot tall stack. Bob

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!  No show without you folks.  We had a very good turnout with over 350 cars.  People seemed to enjoy the simulators, getting to meet Hot Rod Jen, Dan Reed and of course Wayne Carini himself.  Having George Dragone come in from Connecticut was a real thrill for us too.  400 donuts gobbled up pretty quickly!  Special thanks to the NB Center in Allentown for giving rides all day in their 1923 Depot Hack.  

We were very gratified to hear all the wonderful comments about our building. It was also nice to give out a lot of AACA membership applications as well.  A special shout out to our staff at AACA who did yeoman's duty in very hot weather.

It was a great day overall!  Sorry I did not get to meet a few of you.  Wish you had stopped me, or at least tried to stop me! :) In any case, once again thank you to all the forum embers who attended.

• Like 11

I suspect next years event will be larger!   The library is very nice.  It appears many went in to cool off but did find the displays and books were of interest spending time looking at all.  I spent a good amount of time in the library.  I did go home with a print from Dan Reed!  Enjoyed talking with Wayne.   Thanks to all who got this event together.   

• Like 1

From the pictures Kerry posted (good job and thanks for doing it) it looked like a good successful showing. Hopefully next year will be even better. Steve, you, the staff and all the volunteers deserve a “Good job” applause.  
With a longer lead time maybe more members from further away can add it to their calendars, I know I’m going to try. 
dave s 

• Like 4

"I think the event was great with a fantastic turn out of nice cars and great enthusiasts" This was written to me by Wayne Carini in an email today.  Nice compliment by a guy who attends more events than most of us can imagine.  It was great for him to come and our guests kept him busy with pictures and autographs.  Not looking for accolades but very happy that we had a successful event thanks to the hard work of all involved and a very generous donor who helped defray the costs.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1