Michigan road trip……visiting members I met on the forum.

edinmass

Spent the day all over Michigan visiting with forum members that I have been in contact with over the years…………

We have seen 8 Duesenbergs, Countless Cadillac’s, a world class collection of Kissel cars, more brass than you can shake a stick at, a V-16 Miller race car, and spent a few hours driving a exceptionally nice 1933 Cadillac V-12………and ended the day with a fabulous steak and a few Crown Royals………it’s a great hobby, and a fantastic forum. We saw well over 300pre war cars today. My best to all……..more photos tomorrow. 

254484A5-A7E2-4CE6-97F2-468F82238818.png

03E1727E-4BD5-4033-9DED-3B56B5F22D3A.png

A6C5CC58-D37A-4A38-B407-B2EB9D4CAA88.png

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1937hd45 said:

More MILLER Photos please!254484A5-A7E2-4CE6-97F2-468F82238818.png

Not Miller…….SJN, and I’m certain the Miller shop doesn’t allow photos…….I NEVER  ask, in the hobby it’s just not done. One of the most impressive builds I have ever seen…….say a top ten for certain. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, nickelroadster said:

Ed, you always lead such a hard life.

I’m working here! 😏

• Haha 4

Was this trip pure pleasure or a working (something most of us would not call your job outside the shop) field trip?  Amp pics you can show will be appreciated by many that never get to have your adventures. Keep them coming please. 
dave s 

13 hours ago, edinmass said:

Not Miller…….SJN, and I’m certain the Miller shop doesn’t allow photos…….I NEVER  ask, in the hobby it’s just not done. One of the most impressive builds I have ever seen…….say a top ten for certain. 

Ok, Had to google one, only Duesenberg supercharger I stood next to was on a 91CI INDY engine. Bob

Duesenberg-1930-1933-supercharger.jpg

There was a terrible disaster on tour today. The bar is opening 45 minutes late. So always being prepared like a good Boy Scout, we came prepared. 😎

F69FC308-BDFE-4E07-A7A7-A2D5ADA931D8.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Ed. Be sure to check out the Henry Ford and Dearborn Village if you have never been. You need to check out the Massive generating unit from the Highland Plant.  

Dave. Been there and done that. Thanks! 

fortunately the bar is open. Life is good. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

That Pierce Arrow barn looks like a really fun place to hold a show. Is this a yearly thing for them or is it something new?

The Gilmore hosts a CCCA meet every June, as well as other groups' meets throughout the season

The Pierce club has a national meet every August at the museum. Most of the member museums have a corresponding national once a year.............if you go, always try for one of the dates for national meets.....you will see another bunch of cars on the field.

It can probably be found on line but perhaps posting it here in this forum topic:  when does the museum complex close down for the winter? Could help people plan their timing a bit better. Not sure how cold it gets by Autumn to walk around the vast fields between the buildings - wind may be a factor to consider , also how early the new season may start in the Spring.

Here is the Gilmore Car Museum and Partner Museums Show schedule for this year.  The schedule is similar every year.  Even the Wednesday night cruise inns get 600+ cars in attendance.  My shop is about 10 miles from the Gilmore.   image.png.689aafef8433ca72e2121ae42f4580e0.png

image.png.1332417bd3891a06d14170bc2d2a7318.png

• Like 1