Celebration of the Authentic Car II - May 20, Duluth, GA

gwells

11 hours ago, kfle said:

I will see what next year brings, but maybe I could bring one of the Coles down from Michigan.  

We're already looking at the date for CotAC II. I like the May date, as the weather usually cooperates, but May has Memorial Day and Mothers Day, so that leaves just two possible Saturdays, the first and third weekend. There's an AACA National in Gettysburg the weekend of the 20th, but that seems to be the best choice right now.

Would love to see one of your Coles!

• Like 1

On 5/16/2022 at 11:20 AM, ch1929 said:

I drove my 1923 Dodge Brothers (unrestored) to a Car Show a couple of weeks ago, about a 30 mile round trip . Of of the several hundred cars there were only 4 cars from the thirties or earlier, one was a Model A Rat Rod and another was a Willys Street Rod. The other car was a very nicely restored brass Model T Touring. I must say that I had more people asking me questions about the car then I have had in a long time. 

Kinda funny,  I was parked next to the dirt road that served as the entrance to the show field and parking for spectators. That created a lot of dust that started to cover the show cars. Parked next to me was a 2022 Corvette who's owner had a hard time brushing of the dust every 30 minutes or so to keep clean. At one point he mentioned to me about trying to keep it clean and I told him it made my car look like a barn find!

23Dodge04232022.jpg.9f05c7ebda3f371855506f283267256c.jpg

I was at that show as well. Parked a row over and a few cars up from you. Show is sponsored by the local Corvette club and there are lots of them there. I left early but my buddy said that most of the trophies went to... yes, Corvettes!!

I lost my initial post. Glad your show went off well. I wish I was closer and could have gone to it. There's a large Chevelle show every year near me. I always try to get there as there are a lot of very nice cars. However, I leave my Trans-Am home as it's not invited. No big deal, I always seem to get by for another weekend.

• Like 1

kgreen asked: Thanks for fixing the rotated photo. How did you do it?

Oops, missed this.

I simply right-clicked to download your image, used an image-editing utility to rotate it correctly, and since I am an admin here and can edit others' posts, I deleted your original image and replaced it with my edited one.

• Like 1

It appears the show was a great success. And looking at the various photos, some rare cars did show up. Too bad I'm so far away!!

I do hope it goes on again next year, and in the future.  

Craig

• Like 2

Already working on planning the 2023 CotAC event, Craig.

Jeff Chattin will likely not be able to attend with his fabulous 1911 Thomas Flyer next year, as he and some other old car crazies are committed to doing a transcontinental trip from Key West to the Arctic Circle! Seems his trip from Georgia to Vermont and back just wasn't long enough... LOL!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

There will indeed be 2023 version of the "Celebration of the Authentic Car' show in Duluth, GA. I'm meeting with the local Marriott Courtyard on Monday to negotiate a reduced rate for those who can't travel to the show and back home the same day. We will also have trailer storage on the museum's fenced and gated property both Friday and Saturday nights.

The same basic format as last year, which I regard as 'car show light,' to reduce the number of people needed to put the event on.

Hope CotAC II will be bigger and better, with many more rare and historic cars.

COTAC II flyer.jpg

• Like 1

• gwells changed the title to Celebration of the Authentic Car II - May 20, Duluth, GA

I understand. I spoke to this earlier in this thread in reference to the inaugural event last year. The museum site is only available for CotAC in May due to other long-running events there and because of Mother's Day and Memorial Day, there are really only two possible weekends to hold it.

Wish there were more than 52 weekends per year...

• 1 month later...

Here's all the info about the 2nd annual 'Celebration of the Authentic Car' show being held Saturday, May 20, at the Southeastern Railway Museum in Duluth, GA.

Hope to see a lot of my AACA friends and their cars there!

image.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just received the dash plaques that will be given to the first 50 entrants to the 2023 'Celebration of the Authentic Car' event in Duluth, GA, next Saturday, May 20.

Authentic Car 2023.jpg

1911 Thomas Flyer owned by Jeff Chattin of Canton, GA. The Thomas was at the inaugural CotAC show last year, but he has indicated he is bringing a different vehicle this year. If I know Jeff, it's sure to be something very interesting.

Anyone notice anything unusual about the image? I should point out the Jeff drives this car just about everywhere he shows it.

• Like 1

Two days until the 2nd annual 2023 CotAC event at the Southeastern Railway Museum in Duluth, GA.

We've been watching the weather reports closely and the chance of rain, as of a couple minutes ago, has dropped to 40%. Honestly, the heat island effect of the greater Atlanta area tends to reduce the forecasted precipitation most of the time. It was 80% today, and we received very little rain all day. Since the museum is open rain or shine, the car show will follow the same path.

Whether you bring a CotAC eligible car, a custom or special car that doesn't fit the criteria, or if you're going to drive modern, please come to the event. I can guarantee you will enjoy the experience, especially if you haven't visited SRM before. No one is going to be dissed because of the car they bring, I promise you that.

My good friend Jeff Chattin indicates he's going to bring his Lozier this year. When is the last time you saw one of those?

Hope to see everyone on Saturday!

And a fabulous HO model railroad with computer-controlled sound and animation, over 400 lighting effects, and a beautiful backdrop mural done by a talented local artist, Brenda Ehly. SRM is the only museum in the world with two presidential private cars, one of which visitors can walk through. Lots of material from the now-gone Atlanta Terminal Station. And, seriously, much more.

SRM has been open for 42+ years and is operated 98% by volunteers; there's not a single full-time employee. It is voted the best museum in Gwinnett County year after year.

As I tell visitors all the time, if you don't enjoy your visit to the Southeastern Railway Museum, it's your fault! LOL.

• Like 1

Very nice show and venue. A good mix of unrestored, restored and beautiful early cars. Thanks to Greg for putting it together!

I will attempt to post some pictures.

Dave

lozier.jpg

1908 Lozier

american.jpg1914 American 'Underslung'

essex and something.jpg1931 Buick and 1932 Essex

caddy.jpg1941 Cadillac

packard.jpg1941 Packard with Rollson body

modelAcab.jpg

1930 Ford Model A cabriolet

modelAcoupe.jpg

1930 Ford Model A coupe