Amelia Island?

alsancle

2 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

So what is backstory on the big D that sold for 1.066, experts can correct me, but isn't that light for that body style?

Steve, I think if you read the catalog description you’ll see that all the pieces are original but maybe not to that car.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Steve, I think if you read the catalog description you’ll see that all the pieces are original but maybe not to that car.

Still sounds like a better deal than the guy who bought an engine for about the same money recently I guess.  Car sure presents well, if one can do it what a bangin' tour car that would be!! 😊

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)
  • Like 3

This is our ride for the morning. The 1933 Stutz DV32 Waterhouse. The 1933 show car. Purchased new for the grandson of Brewster coach building and custom modified for him. 

C819672D-3F41-4754-A15B-574225DE6F53.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

There seems to be a divas around every corner. I’ve seen more of them in the last two days and I’ve seen in my entire life.There seems to be a divas around every corner. I’ve seen more of them in the last two days and I’ve seen in my entire life.

C96A22F5-9D26-4CA6-B8C8-3F1858DAA6CC.jpeg

4256BB2D-6999-4193-BAFB-3CE0F6BE2DD0.jpeg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Walt G said:

Can someone explain - to go on the tour you had to apply a sticker to your car about the size of a garbage can lid? to show you were on the tour officially or ??

Notice my ride is absent the garbage can lid..........😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I noticed a certain black Stutz didn't have 'da sticka' which is why I asked the question . I would just be very apprehensive to have to apply any adhesive backed promotion sign to lacquer paint or any paint.  If these are like the old bumper stickers that were given out for each Hershey show decades ago it may be a trend to leave the "lid label" on the side of the car as a status symbol that you  wuz dere  like a goodin.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Walt G said:

I noticed a certain black Stutz didn't have 'da sticka' which is why I asked the question . I would just be very apprehensive to have to apply any adhesive backed promotion sign to lacquer paint or any paint.  If these are like the old bumper stickers that were given out for each Hershey show decades ago it may be a trend to leave the "lid label" on the side of the car as a status symbol that you  wuz dere  like a goodin.

Ed will comment, but I think they’re magnetic?

• Like 1

Nope.....our Stutz is aluminum.............they are static cling scratch your car special advertising.............not what we do. I like our cars to look the way they were when delivered new.....nothing more, nothing less. Walt.....our car is “ox blood maroon” a deep purple/brown tint. Original auto show color. 👍

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, edinmass said:

our car is “ox blood maroon” a deep purple/brown tint. Original auto show color.

Most of the colors that the cars are now painted/restored were never painted that when new, they are not flashy enough. The colors the cars ere painted when new, especially the custom bodied  cars were chosen very wisely, with purpose. Either by the designer/coach builder or the owner ( who was usually conservative, consider the time period especially in the 1930-35 era) who realized people were out of work, on bread/food lines and didn't want to put it in the minions face that they were riding around in a car that cost what the person on the street seeing it had not made salary wise per year all total for two decades. I tend to look at things from a wide perspective - what was going on at the time that would affect the cars being made ? Popularity, fads, financial, even geographically and political.  My non car state and local area historian mode makes that happen , I consider a lot of things besides all the period car related material I have here in my archives to refer to.

• Like 4

If you don’t  understand why your typical phantom II rolls Royce was $20,000 when you could buy a top-of-the-line Packard or Cadillac for $5000 look at the firewall on this car. Noticed that all the wiring runs in its own conduits.

Was that done by LUCAS or because of LUCAS wiring?

Is there a design term for the buffed belt molding? It works well with aluminum bodies. Years ago I worked on a steel bodied Bugatti that had the belt mounding chrome plated then welded back to the body. The chrome needed to be redone, but the owner accepted the old finish. Wonder if it is still a Hanger Queen somewhere. 0ACAFE1C-2392-48CE-B0DC-29BE62F9E0FB.jpeg

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

5F7DC8B8-3A8B-4389-9E57-489BAD74480E.jpeg

I think this car used to show up at the  annual Fairfield Count Region HCCA Fall pre WII car show held in Ridgefield, Ct. in unrestored condition . the first Saturday after Labor Day. It was my favorite car show . Bob your comment - do you remember the car there?

Walt

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Walt G said:

Most of the colors that the cars are now painted/restored were never painted that when new, they are not flashy enough. The colors the cars ere painted when new, especially the custom bodied  cars were chosen very wisely, with purpose. Either by the designer/coach builder or the owner ( who was usually conservative, consider the time period especially in the 1930-35 era) who realized people were out of work, on bread/food lines and didn't want to put it in the minions face that they were riding around in a car that cost what the person on the street seeing it had not made salary wise per year all total for two decades. I tend to look at things from a wide perspective - what was going on at the time that would affect the cars being made ? Popularity, fads, financial, even geographically and political.  My non car state and local area historian mode makes that happen , I consider a lot of things besides all the period car related material I have here in my archives to refer to.

Exhibit A?🙄

05F09818-95C3-455A-94DD-AD0422F5BCD6.jpeg

• Thanks 2