Carburetor Data for AACA Library

carbking

I had mentioned on these forums some months ago that the carburetor data I was digitizing would be sent to the AACA library. This was accomplished this morning. Approximately 90 GB of mostly carburetor data.

All of us have our own areas of expertise, many of us have libraries of technical data, some of which may be the only known copy(s).

What will happen to your data when you are gone? In my case I have a pretty good idea, as my son is a car guy, a computer geek, and service oriented. But just to make certain, I have taken care of the project. Hopefully others will view this as a solution to disposal of specialized data in their possession, and the library will have more data to help future car enthusiasts.

Jon

• Like 11
  • Thanks 16

Chris - the organization of the data is not perfect; after all, I still have to make a living ;)

There is a letter with the drive explaining platform, security, file formats, etc.

If there are questions, 573-392-7378 (9-12, 1-4 Mon-Tues central time).

Jon

• Like 1

Thanks for the reminder Jon...

I'm not an AACA member but I'm sending a member of the Dodge Brothers Club (he's also a member of the AACA) some stuff on trucks in hopes that others can enjoy and learn  from it. Imagine where we would be if we all donated what we had to one centralized location? Hopefully one day the AACA and all other clubs and websites are willing to share with each other to achieve that dream someday. In a perfect world....

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Carburetor Data for AACA Library

Great Work Jon...

that is what this hobby is all about !! share your knowledge with others to help them out and keep history alive :) like you said if you have all the knowledge and pass on, the next guy may just see it as a bunch of paper and books, not worth anything. I digitize all my reference material and organize it. I even have a cheat sheet of what is where and why :) plus i am an analytical person so i am very good at organizing and sorting things out! a place for everything nd everything in its place, that is why so many people get mad when they come by my garage, because everything is organized and labeled, lol. If i do not know where something is, then i do not have it. 

Jon,

You have made a generous contribution to our hobby that will have impact beyond our years.  Thank you!

Andrew