Aussies

12 minutes ago, Mattml430 said:

The VDC had a great day out today at Jac Russell park in gembrook for our Christmas party. 
Rich’s tourer brought Santa 🎅 along for the kids. I think we both had heart failure when Santa invited all the kids to jump in it and on it. Was all in good fun and the kids loved it. 
I failed to get any pics, busy chasing grandkids around. 

E2E114E7-A95F-49C2-96EB-CA2F6C094344.jpeg.b1135bb214b253348d251ccf638e9d88.jpeg

• Like 4

Survived without scratches:). Just a few sticky fingerprints and small foot prints:)

I think Santa wears shorts up where Bob is but down here it depends - it was a pretty cool day with patchy rain so no shorts this time but I’m sure he’ll need them by the end of the year!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We’ve had a lovely Christmas Day here with all the kids and grandkids. 
Jude cooked up a banquet for them all. 
From one side of Aussie to the other Ronny’s had a bloody schorcher over in WA. 
The temperature under his veranda. 

CCB039CF-F9A6-482B-BC62-878D26C6AFF1.jpeg.1cca78ab4f9f5fa0db90fa495db8da7d.jpeg

And over here in lovely Melbourne we had a nice 22. 
Bit later in the day it’s down to 18. 
Sorry to rub it in Ronny. 🤣😂🤣😂

D50421E1-A59A-4AB3-8869-D5745A2D2D2E.jpeg.e0b8d816d2dfa6f084ae34743e20e966.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been hunting for an overdrive for twelve months and finally came across one. It’s an older LayCock but it seems to be in great condition. 
I want this for my Victory six sedan. I’ve been putting off doing the clutch and gearbox until I got the overdrive. I have a fully rebuilt gearbox already done so it might be a good job over the Easter break. 
The guy I bought it off didn’t tell me much about the condition of the 4 speed box it came with but said it fits a jaguar. After I disassembled it it looked to be fully rebuilt. It still had clear grease on all the needle rollers. I called him and said it’s like new , he then tells me he bought it as a completely reconditioned box years ago. So I’m hoping the same was done to the overdrive. The internal filter is absolutely spotless. 

9A9BCD37-AD28-451F-8856-3571DF2236B5.jpeg

AE42AEF5-574E-4E1E-804F-3D3B47BB160F.jpeg

4D497707-E4FD-42B2-875D-CCAACB861C8C.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi!  Matt 

Overdrives are always a good subject!  I feel that they make our older  cars safer!  in saying that they make our  cars travel at acceptable speeds to the modern cars ,not to fast but in the same speed range! 

It is a interesting combination you have and will be interested how you solve it.  But like always you have it under control.

• Like 1

I watched a movie with my wife the other night called "The Dressmaker".  It was set in Australia  in the 1950's but has a lot of early cars in it.  It was fun to see more than one DB  for once in a movie.  I'm used to very rarely seeing a DB at all and usually only one.  This one had a light blue Ute that was a short radiator teen's or early twenty's car and a black tall radiator mid to late twenty's. Just goes to show the Aussie love of their the DB's.

• Like 1

Don't brag on them too much, there heads will swell. DB was a very important manufacture in the early years in Australia. The story of the first dealership is intriguing. I think the man waited for three days outside the office to try to get a foreign dealership when DB had not even thought of having any yet. Persistence paid off.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nearchoclatetown said:

I knew these sneaky Aussies were being to quiet, have to watch them every minute. Ron, I need you to investigate. Has the disc brakes put installed on this roadster yet?

Do Not yet Doug But he does have High lift DOHC door handles and a chrome plated dip stick 

• Haha 2

The chrome dipstick was an optional extra back in the day wasn’t it. 
Im actually just wondering did I Nickle plate my dipstick or not 🤔. That would be a nice touch. 😂

No need for disc brakes Doug with my 4 wheel high performance hydraulic drums. 

21 minutes ago, aunty norm said:

They are a bit early! His birthday tomorrow.

Happy birthday  Ron  you are one in a million! 

Best wishes  

Terry

He was keeping that a bit of a secret Terry. Thanks mate, might have to give the old bastard a call tomorrow and stir him up. 

4 hours ago, nearchoclatetown said:

What do you consider old, Matt? More then four times around the fingers and toes? The bastard part I understand. I've been called that a few times myself. My deer have disappeared. Last week we had 27 on the hill, this week nothing. They are hiding from the snow. I am ready for spring. 

Anyone that is 5 years older than me. But in 5 years time it will still be someone that is 5 years older than me. Because I’ll always be 5 years younger than them😁😂🤣

Happy birthday Ronny you Bastard. Hope you have a great day mate. 👍👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Been helping out a good friend and a great fella called Grant with his dodge Ute he’s had since he was 17. 
Been doing a bit on the body and we stained and started to clear the Ute back today. Grant and his son made it. 
It’s American oak and iron bark. It should look beautiful when it’s finished. 08E1F96C-FED1-4D20-928B-955CF8224DE0.jpeg.803fedaf6a07713b85e86ddbbfe640dd.jpeg

the Ute bed. 
35789136-A9FD-4A53-B7A3-99263B3FFBC9.jpeg.03c5b1a8940fbff62cb17c3ff5abb6b6.jpeg

Tail gate with the DB logo routed into it. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Minibago said:

Ohhh Noooooooo!!!!

The screw police will be there shortly.

The grain on the timber looks really nice though.

great job.

Ohh yeah big time hey. 😂🤣

we have actually punched out some small stainless steel discs to stick over them after it’s painted. They will look like cup head bolts when We’ve finished. I did warn Grant about the screw police and the trouble I’ll be in. 🤣😂

Edited by Mattml430 (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ron has posted me some contraband for my next restoration job. Being in the top job of the screw police he obviously wanted to get rid of any evidence that he has stock piled. 
Thanks buddy I’m sure they will come in handy somewhere. 😂😂

And thanks for the spot light brackets. 

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Our club VDC had its annual swap meet yesterday at Yarra Glen with great success. We were out there nice and early to give a hand with parking. It was quite amazing how many people were there so early. There must of been hundreds of cars piling in to sell and buy. We trailered the roadster for the show and shine because we had a stall for my wooden spoke wheels that I make, and all that stuff wouldn’t fit in the dicky seat. Was a great day but forgot to take any pics.

. Found a beautiful Carter BB1 carbi to keep as a spare for the sedan or roadster. 

Edited by Mattml430 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A sneak peek at what’s been keeping Grant and myself busy in the shed. This is Grants 24 dodge Ute, he’s had it very well stored for 42 years. It’s nearing the end of a full top to bottom restoration. 

215A58C5-92C4-4B0F-B0C3-B011060F29AE.jpeg

4583331A-4EDE-4F24-A2F9-28000EB49D05.jpeg

A73BE454-12D9-4781-AC47-C938FB4C67D4.jpeg

• Like 3