Just Realized.

Dandy Dave

15 plus years hanging around this website and forum. Guess that makes me an old timer. Must have been bored on New Years Eve 2005, signed up, and never left. A lot have come and gone in that time. Must really have the disease bad. 😁 Dandy Dave! 

• Like 14

Guess I was wasting time hanging around with all you old guys even longer, just looked and it says I have been hanging out since August 2000. Doesn't seem that long.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Boy, you have posted some doosies.   Christmas,  the buick fishing stuff. Wow.  Stick around.

Ben

Oh... And then there's the Buick Snowmaster Super Shovel... LOL..🤪😁. And all the advice about how to make dead stuff run and drive again. No intentions of going anywhere. Dandy Dave! 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, padgett said:

Most of mine were in the Reatta forum.

Almost bought a Reatta years back. Maui blue and a convertible. It was sweet. Bought my Buick Riv Ragtop instead for about 1/3rd of what the owner wanted for the Reatta and never looked back. Although a Select 60 would be nice if one popped up in a "barn" someday. Dandy Dave!  

20 hours ago, padgett said:

Those 80's GM two seaters are mostly pocket change now. Some even had "enough" power though many are pretty slow.

Say Pagett. How do the Green computer screens hold up after 30 plus years? 

On 5/16/2021 at 11:42 AM, Dandy Dave said:

15 plus years hanging around this website and forum. Guess that makes me an old timer. Must have been bored on New Years Eve 2005, signed up, and never left. A lot have come and gone in that time. Must really have the disease bad. 😁 Dandy Dave! 

Congrats Dave. Looks like a few of us joined the forums in 2005.

In a few more days it will be 15 years for me on the forums (Joined May 2005) , a couple more years as an AACA member before that and a couple more years going to Fall Hershey before that.

On 5/19/2021 at 10:41 AM, Mark Shaw said:

I too joined in 2005, and have almost as many posts. 

So you're not alone here Dave...

Mark, you're not alone either. I think the three of us are part of the 2005 Forum Club. 😁

I guess that makes us Teenagers.....

On 5/20/2021 at 10:39 AM, Peter Gariepy said:

15 years?

Not sure if I should say congratulations or I'm sorry? :)

Peter, I think it's congrats.

I have been a member of a number of automotive forums over the years. The AACA Forum is the only one that has kept me coming back for more. Besides the people who frequent the forums,  the way the forums are run has a lot to do with it as well. Too many other automotive forums changed (and NOT for the better) into something else over the years that did not appeal to me. 

Keep up the good work and Thank You.

On 5/21/2021 at 9:10 AM, Dandy Dave said:

Dave, I still work with green computer screens (IBM) for 40+ years now.

The current system I support is around 24 years old now. I guess next year it qualifies as an Antique by AACA's standards.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, charlier said:

Dave, I still work with green computer screens (IBM) for 40+ years now.

The current system I support is around 24 years old now. I guess next year it qualifies as an Antique by AACA's standards.

My first adventure with computers was in the mid 1980's. The computers were IBM PC 360's. They were hooked to a Main Frame as I remember. These were at the local community college I attended at the time. We've come a long way Baby. 😉   Admiral Grace Hopper spoke at one of our class sessions. Very interesting Woman with quite a career. Grace Hopper - Wikipedia 

On 5/21/2021 at 9:10 AM, Dandy Dave said:

They make great boat anchors!  That’s all they are good for in today’s world. 
My phone has better quality for reading and is more powerful than the IBM 360 we scrapped years ago. 

• Like 1