For Sale: 1957 Lincoln Premier Hardtop - "True barn find, 1-owner" - Fresno, CA - Not Mine - 10/3, 9/12 & 3/21 Reduced - 12/26 SOLD!

For Sale on Facebook: 1957 Lincoln Premier 2-door Hardtop in Fresno, CA  -  $16,000  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

On 3/21, Seller reduced price to $12,000 Firm

On 9/21, Seller reduced price to $9,500 Firm

On 10/3, Seller reduced price to $8,000 Firm

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/179415650484661/1957-Lincoln-Premiere

Seller's Description:

1957 Lincoln Premier 2-door Hardtop

• 1 owner
  • Driven 30,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Black · Interior color: Red

Testing the waters . I have a 1957 Lincoln premiere for sale . All original, true barn find has been stored in a barn for 30 years and I got it off the original owner. Clean Texas title .. very rare car and the body is great shape . All trim bumpers and stainless is immaculate. Car ran about 6 years ago original owner told me and I'm sure it wouldn't take much to get going again .. Interior is in damn good shape as well. Power everything.. I wanted to keep the car to add to my collection and go through everything but having to sell a few projects cause of new home purchase.. serious inquiries only!!! Come look at it in person and make me a fair offer I can't refuse so it can go to a great home.. 16,000 obo

9/12 update:

Come look at it in person and bring a trailer and cash!!!.. 9,500 firm !! No less!!!!. Non AC and has slight rust on floors nothing to major that can't be fixed.

image.thumb.png.4a02d4cebb1b1134b24d1b52c8ac13e9.png

image.thumb.png.601d0eca6f5ab3c3df8e12623629d6b1.png

image.thumb.png.40be9947e9816ba5f429e03eb3cac32c.png

image.thumb.png.12a1178c60fd93d5abe76cbd262f73ac.png

image.thumb.png.3b94b5b000a015328b0df8d024a0da3a.png

image.thumb.png.9fa8bce9760c30dd157d878b389d4232.png

image.thumb.png.cf734b1ea6d32687a39446f5351fe2ad.png

image.thumb.png.b94c38504db5e2a4c8cfaeb93ec6ebbb.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, kingrudy said:

C'mon man, couldn't the seller found a bucket of water and washed some of the dirt off this car? For the love of Pete asking 16k and won't give this car a bath???

Or take it off the trailer so it doesn’t scream “I don’t care at all about the car, I just hope to retire off the profit.”

• Like 5

It looks more than a little "thread bare" for a car "driven 30,000 miles". It is a "you have got to be dreaming" price for a non-running car. It would be interesting to know what it finally sells for.

Bye the way, what is this with cars being "driven" a certain low mileage number. Does that mean the the car was "piloted" for the other 100K it has? IMHO, any person selling a car from the 1950's that claims less than 50K miles better have rock solid documentation to prove it.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird

• Like 5

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1957 Lincoln Premier 2-door Hardtop - "True barn find, 1-owner" - Fresno, CA - Not Mine - 3/21 Reduced
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1957 Lincoln Premier Hardtop - "True barn find, 1-owner" - Fresno, CA - Not Mine - 3/21 Reduced
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1957 Lincoln Premier Hardtop - "True barn find, 1-owner" - Fresno, CA - Not Mine - 9/12 & 3/21 Reduced

That's the original dash pad.  The padding just deteriorated inside causing it to lose it's shape so they look like this.  I don't think it's a bad car , but a weekend or two of detailing would make a HUGE difference in presentation.  Cars like this you don't want to find as a barn find uncared for.  You want to find them as a nice taken care of collector car. 

• Like 2

Fresno is a relatively hot dry climate. And it does look like it's been kept indoors.

13 hours ago, TexRiv_63 said:

These cars were major rust magnets

I'm sure they could be if east coast and driven in winter on snow and salted roads, or if in California and left out in the rain. But this one is apparently from Texas and has been in Fresno so it might not be bad.

• Like 1

My Hershey compatriot grew up with these 1956-'57 Lincolns, we visited many such models advertised for sale as well as junkyards in NY & PA when these were still to be found there.  Serious rust deterioration was common throughout the lower exterior sheet metal and interior floor structures plus frame rust.   More than one convertible was 'recreated' on a donor hardtop shell or with floors gleaned from whatever reasonably solid parts that could be found or new metal.   Ford was not building these Lincolns to ensure longevity, but then again, neither were any other carmaker at the time.

• Like 2

Here in the salt belt I can remember looking at old 1950s-1960s cars of all makes that were for sale long ago in the 1970s-1980s and even back then many of them were total rust buckets that were too far gone to fix. The old car rust situation here hasn't gotten any better 40 years later. There are still some good examples out there but you have to check something out very carefully before you buy it. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mike6024 said:

Fresno is a relatively hot dry climate. And it does look like it's been kept indoors.

I'm sure they could be if east coast and driven in winter on snow and salted roads, or if in California and left out in the rain. But this one is apparently from Texas and has been in Fresno so it might not be bad.

Maybe. Mine was from coastal Washington state and it was just like the salt belt cars I remember from Chicago.

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1957 Lincoln Premier Hardtop - "True barn find, 1-owner" - Fresno, CA - Not Mine - 10/3, 9/12 & 3/21 Reduced
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1957 Lincoln Premier Hardtop - "True barn find, 1-owner" - Fresno, CA - Not Mine - 10/3, 9/12 & 3/21 Reduced - 12/26 SOLD!