Who daily drives there Dodge Brothers car

Ok now that first drive has worn off I plan on daily driving my 1925 truck next summer weather permitted after all the safety issues are addressed. So please let me hear some of your experiences good or bad. I live in a semi mountainous part of NY state and the way my truck is geared I don’t think I shall half a problem.

• Like 1

Have to agree it’s the idiots around you that cause the issues. I got Tboned on straight road 1 month after I finished my Victory six sedan. Was on the way to the dodge rally. 
people come up behind you so quickly before they realise your travelling much slower than them. I fitted a flashing red LED to the back of mine. 

1F0FDBBC-31B4-4126-9497-1E53F1072D03.jpeg

DEFE47BF-7695-4259-A23E-E281B5568E7D.jpeg

Edited by Mattml430 (see edit history)

I am sorry to see your victory 6 like that. People are in a big hurry to go nowhere I always do the speed limit and still get passed and they end up a mile up from he road to get coffee. My friend has a 28 Whippet with turn signals 2 brake lights and a flashing LED and morons still don’t get! One of the reasons I stopped riding a motorcycle 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 1937 Dodge sedan D7.  Like you I got it this year.  Still getting minor things fixed but nothing minor!  Not a daily driver.  But every day that is sunny and dry I drive her.  She can do 40 mph for ever, but can do 55 if she has to!  Tough on hills but reasonable!  I drive for pleasure!  

• Like 1

I drive this 1936 Dodge every day there is not Ice and Snow on the ground. The Wipers work just fine up hill, the roof does not leak. The worst time is stuck in heavy city traffic on a 90*plus day. She is bloody hot. I travel 60M.P.H. on the Free way and get 20 M.P.G.

DSCF0267.JPG

DSCF0268.JPG

• Like 5

I was driving this '31 DB every day until a wiring fire. Next thing you know, I am installing a new wiring harness. Go to pull into the garage and the brakes are locked up! Put it on jack stands to fix the brakes and now LIFE is putting a hold on the finishing up of the brake job. No major problems on the road, except for the tailgaters.

535697_3435117275644_322487504_n.jpg

535149_3287859154283_2013717847_n.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Doozer said:

John, who did you get your harness from? Are you happy with it and did you get any extras added to it. Extras as in wire for a second tail light etc. I need to do my DH. Thanks, Rick

I got mine from Rhode Island wiring and am fairly happy with it. I was going to get extras added, but decided not to.

• Like 1

If I ain't fixin I'm driving it. There was a reason these cars came with tools and it's part of the game. 

I've added an extra tail and stop light to the rear along with turn signals. 

On 8/21/2020 at 6:29 AM, Mattml430 said:

What an awesome photo , I love it!! 
These old cars just have so much character. Reminds me of an old Christmas movie or something. 

What a great photo!  I will have to pull mine out of the garage when we get our first snowfall.  Because you are right it will make a great Christmas photo!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2020 at 1:25 PM, frankngin said:

I drive this 1936 Dodge every day there is not Ice and Snow on the ground. The Wipers work just fine up hill, the roof does not leak. The worst time is stuck in heavy city traffic on a 90*plus day. She is bloody hot. I travel 60M.P.H. on the Free way and get 20 M.P.G.

DSCF0267.JPG

DSCF0268.JPG

Nice car. What engine are you running? What is your crown & pinion gear set? Any over drive? 

Keith

My engine is the original Flat head 6.  The Ring and Pinion gears are the original ones that came with the car. The Business Coupe is faster than the 4 Door Sedan at the same R.P.M. I can only go 55M.P.H. in the Sedan and get 20 M.P.G. No over Drives. Points, Timing and Carburation are correct. The only trick I used is 700 X 16 tires on the rear.

Frank