Tool chest on the way!

rocketraider

I'm already asking myself what the hell a 63 year old retiree with low motivation needs with this thing, but I finally broke down and ordered Harbor Freight's 72" roller tool chest. Got a red one; seems to me a tool chest should be red. Yellow, orange and Grinch green not so much.

The idea is to put everything in this one and sell the two smaller Craftsmans I have, but odds are at least one of the Craftsmans will stay with me.. Y'all know how it is- more available tool storage? Dayum, I need more tools! biggrin.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

I have been very impressed by the quality of HF's tool chests. Perhaps they are not up to Snap On standards but are head and shoulders above the junk being sold by those who once offered good stuff. I wouldn't trade my 1972 Craftsman roll away with it''s two stacking upper boxes for a new matching Crapsman set even if they tossed in $500 to sweeten the deal. I almost pulled the pin on a full HF set but realized that age and declining health has told me that I have far too many tools and limited desire to use them

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, CarlLaFong said:

that age and declining health has told me that I have far too many tools and limited desire to use them

Thank heavens I thought it was just me. ☹️

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hey I was that age once but it was a while ago. Only reason not in garage now (am building a steering wheel assembly) is it will be over 90 out there until sometime after midnight. Is the 100 days we put up with for glorious weather the rest of the year. Did clean out a stall and moved a car in this morning while still in the 80s.

1 hour ago, CarlLaFong said:

BTW I have some  family in Roscoe SD

Been through there a couple times but it is quite a ways from me. Really flat country out there if I remember correctly. 

The only thing we know about the future is that it will be different from anything we can imagine. A deadly pandemic in which most cases have no symptoms ?

OTOH just enjoy your children's inheritance and the gift that is the present.

BTW it has taken 35 years in the same house I designed for garage space to get where I am today (and three HF locations within a few miles, plus a number of Craftsman sales...).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I still have my Craftsman tool box that I purchased in 1957.

It has a full set of tools and I keep it in my motorhome.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have had the same 3 piece tool chest for 35 years now and still satisfied with it. But about 10 years ago I replaced my old cupboards and work bench with Lista cupboards. Lista is very heavily made where I can put as much tooling in a drawer and not be concerned about the weight. 

I am sure Glenn you will have as much fun as I did after everything is put in its new place. Then scratching your head next month trying to remember where you put something.   

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)

This thing is turning into a true cluster. HF shipped it Monday- in a 30' semi-trailer that could not come into the yard to drop the toolbox off! 

So, back to square one. Guess someone missed when I said truck  w liftgate had to be small enough to come into the driveway... waiting on HF to resolve shipping. 

I ordered it online to get delivery here to the house, as ordering it in-store would have delivered it to the store. I'd have then had to transport it here and I have no way of off-loading a 700 lb box from my pickup.

Always something.🙄🤪