New Guy Here

TAKerry

New on this forum. I have been a long time on again off again AACA member. Just now found this forum. Looking forward to any information I can get from here. I have 2 cars presently (probably not a lot of love because they aren't really that old) 1977 trans am that I spent 5+ years doing a complete nut and bolt restoration on. Its been on the road for about 3 years now. I am currently restoring a 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am. I also have a few antique motorcycles in my garage, the oldest being a 1938 CZ, the newest a 1968 BSA and a couple in between. I love all old cars in general. Bucket list would be to own a Model A.

• Like 3

Welcome to this forum! I think you will like it here as there is a treasure trove of informed folks here. Don't forget to scroll on down to the Pontiac and Motorcycle forums for more good information.

John

Hi Kerry,

Welcome aboard. You will find a bunch of friendly individuals here with taste in all different type and kind of automobile and motorcycles.

And you know who I am already.

Tom

1931 Packard

1969 Pontiac GTO

1995 H-D Dyna Convertible (antique eligible this year go figure)

Edited by Packin31 (see edit history)

John, 

Thanks, I did make an intro in the Pontiac section already, I didnt go as far to see if there was a motorcycle section. I will do that as well. I belonged to the AMCA for quite a few years, didnt realize that AACA welcomed bikes as well. Although I did have a couple on display at the Hershey museum a few years ago.

Welcome. My brother had a '78 Firebird Formula several years ago that was almost completely original. It had the red interior with the 4 speed and was a really sharp car. He sold it to a guy in Germany a couple of years ago. Feel free to post some pics of your Trans Am if you want....

326BA2A3-4B48-445A-AB6B-2E37F1D23704.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Brass is Best said:

Click on the menu by your name top right corner, account setting, signature, add what you like.

Yep. The "signature" part is over on the left after you click on "account settings".

• Like 1

Welcome TAKerry, I'm also a fairly new member to this forum. I've asked a few questions and have had tons of great advice from some really good members. (Both men and women). I will be on the lookout for some pics of those Pontiacs.

Thanks, I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow. My brother and myself had quite a large collection of motorcycles at one time, mostly British but all European. We thinned the herd a bit. I have loved Pontiacs, Firebirds in particular since I was very young and mom had an almost new 67 Firebird 400. I preferred the looks of the 77 front over most of the others and found one in FLA. That was a 30+hr  round trip. I left on a wed afternoon and was home by noon on friday. Car was much worse than I could have imagined. 5+ years resto., literally not a single nut or bolt that wasnt touched. I enjoy the build almost as much as the drive, so when that was done I started looking for something else to do. I ran into a 79 Tenth anniv car for next to nothing, problem was it was only a rolling shell. Car and my barn were lost to a catastrophic fire whilst working on it. Not really looking but I found another Tenth anniv. car somewhat local, this time it was a 4 speed.. I couldnt pass the deal, now I'm about a year away from getting this one on the road.

• Like 1

Welcome! I’m a huge fan of the 70s and 80s cars and have been here for 13 years on the forum. Sadly and for some odd reason many still don’t view 70s cars as collectible or worthwhile. yet the newest 70s car is over 40 years old.

In the year I joined this forum my 66 Mustang was 40 and was well considered a classic going back at least a decade or more prior to that. Some people need to catch up with the times! 

• Like 1

Mark, I love the seville in your sig. My father coveted that car when they came out. He finally got a new caddie Seville just prior to them changing to the sts. He had the last model year seville, then traded that on an sts. Both were great running cars. My maternal grandfather starting in the late 40's bought a new caddie every other year, whether or not he needed one! Usually a brougham.

My grandfather was similar, every year he bought a new TOL caddy - for my grandmother. She drove it for a year and put 10k miles on it. The he took it for the next year and put 100k miles on it from Easton to Baltimore. Except one year when Chesapeake Cadillac called him up and said his new car was there. He said "I didn't order a car.", hung up and bought an Imperial. He hated that car.