Great day for a car ride in the country

Brass is Best

1 hour ago, TAKerry said:

52176782372_157ae225a9_c.jpg2022-06-27_04-20-04 by Kerry Grubb, on Flickr

Hope others can play here as well. Went to a nice show on the river Saturday as a spectator. Pic not as good as BiB but it was a good day none the less.

I wish everybody would share some photos of enjoying their cars. Looks like a great day!

• Like 1

Car show I went to on Sunday that benefit an animal shelter, perfect weather for it.

About an hour drive from where I live.

Picture taken of my GTO by another GTO owner that I had meet up with there.

20220626_115652.jpg.6660844880e8b73ab92f4e7c80fd4ca0.jpg

Edited by Tom M (see edit history)
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This pic is from several years ago, it was my maiden voyage with my '97 Jaguar to the Oregon Coast then continuing into Washington State. It was taken at Depoe Bay where I am Today. Once again, seated looking at the ocean. No Jag today, but my Flex is an excellent road tripper.

20160518_203514.png

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Rivguy said:

This pic is from several years ago, it was my maiden voyage with my '97 Jaguar to the Oregon Coast then continuing into Washington State. It was taken at Depoe Bay where I am Today. Once again, seated looking at the ocean. No Jag today, but my Flex is an excellent road tripper.

20160518_203514.png

Any whales today?

No pix with this post. I was way too engaged to even think about it.

We took the 69 Vette out for a top down afternoon test ride after a head gasket replacement.. Going over the top of the Broad mtn near Jim Thorpe there was a very big black phase timber rattle snake stretched out across the yellow line. I did a quick 180 to check on him and he was very much uninjured. I got a stick from along side the road, stopped traffic and urged him off the road. He was VERY big, at least 42+ inches, 10+ rattles and thick as my forearm.

We continued on our test ride and maybe 30 minutes and 15 miles away we were still talking about the exitement when there was another one laying in the center of the road. Same deal. Get stick, stop traffic, shoosh rattlesnake off road.

The head gasket job seems to be a success no more using water.

Good karma for both me and the snakes............Bob

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Brass is Best said:

I have moved many turtles over the years. Never had to deal with a snake. But one time I helped a farmer and State Patrolman wrangle a cow.

Did you guys mooooove her?.............Bob

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Moved many cows, a few turtles and even pushed a deer off the road using my right front fender of our suburban hauling two horses. The deer really took off then, but left just a little fur stuck between the fender and the headlight. I bet he looks both ways before crossing the four lane again. 
dave s 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brass is Best said:

I have moved many turtles over the years. Never had to deal with a snake. But one time I helped a farmer and State Patrolman wrangle a cow.

Many years ago I came home from work and there were 2 big horses in my front yard. At the time I lived right off a busy highway. I called the S police, they said they couldnt do anything about it. Too late at night to call animal control. We finally wrangled them up then along came the Amish farmer that lost them!

Another time, again Amish, I was at my construction site in the office trailer. Coming in the job entrance was a rogue Amish buggy. Plumber was with me, he was a horse guy. He ran out right away to grab the reins, just about that time the wagon wheel hit the curb and spooked the horse. He took off, literally dragging the buggy on its side over the electricians truck. Horse ended up stuck in a fence. Plumber cut the harness loose so we could get the horse back to its feet (no way to unbuckle things). When the Amish guy got there he was quite p....... that we cut the harness. I think the leather goods were more valuable to them than the animal.

• Like 1

I had a bunch of the family visiting over the weekend, so I took three of the grandchildren (and one of their parents) for a ride in the 1932 Studebaker Indy car replica.  It was a hot day, but clear and sunny.  Here's the YouTube video:

https://youtu.be/M8F1_LAZ5G4

Edited by Gary_Ash (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

My grandfather purchased a new 49 Plymouth in Chicago for his annual trip to upper Michigan. He decided to take a ride to Copper Harbor at the tip of the U.P.  unfortunately he hit a rather large black bear running across the road. The bear rolled across the hood smashed the windshield got off the roof and ran away. Gramps didn’t try to help the bear but was happy he ran away. The car was totaled. 
dave s 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well yesterday was a beautiful day so after 9 months I finally decided to take my 76 Corvette out for a 35 mile cruise. It had been parked for over 20 yrs inside when I got it. Decent original car needed the usual to get going, brakes fuel pump and lines, battery, fluid change, etc. The rubber bumper covers Im in the middle of replacing and it's not going smoothly. So decided to take a break and actually go for a drive with it.

Five miles in, the original L48 350 started knocking! Idled back and shut it down. 92,400 miles on it, guess it's back to square one!

septcars 254.jpg

septcars 265.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TAKerry said:

Beautiful car, I like the styling of the stainless trim. Especially how the door handles blend in.

(If you had pulled forward another foot the writing on the hubcaps would have been level with the ground, LOL)

Terry, Good eye. I saw the hubcaps and decided not to stage them. Sometimes when I am shooting a car for my main photo set I will stage the hubcaps. When doing a magazine photo shoot you always stage the wheels. I also index my valve stems to my hubcaps. Only about 1% of the people will notice this. Thanks for looking, Andy

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bills Auto Works said:

Hi Andy,

The Olivesburg General Store brings back good & sad memories for me! I was there many times as 2 of my ex-wife's 3 son's Father lived less than a mile from there. It seems since they were teens at the time, we were always there picking up or dropping them off at their Fathers house & stopping there for a snack or something!

Love your pictures & as I said in an earlier post on this thread, I love trying to figure out the location of your choice of backgrounds! I keep telling myself that I have to stop & say hello as we have many mutual friends in the area...One of these days!😁

I would be shocked if you didn't know this car or this gentleman! Picked up & taken to Seattle from Main St recently!

God Bless

Bill

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/nationwide-single-car-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

20220815_193956 (800x600).jpg

Bill,

Olivesburg put in a pizza oven a few years ago. They now make hot subs and Quesadillas. You are welcome to stop by and get the dime tour. 

Happy Motoring,

Andy

• Thanks 1

We’re starting a day 8 of a road trip adventure in our PB Roadster.

So far we’ve covered little over 1200 miles in 7 days, basically following the western US coastline up north from SoCal and our next overnight stop will be in Astoria, OR.

As of yet, we’ve had the oldest car running on the road. Only other pre-war car we’ve encountered so far was a ‘33 Ford Sedan going the opposite direction few days ago.

Longest distance vintage fellow travelers we’ve encountered were another couple in a ‘67 Spitfire. They had driven from Seattle to San Diego and were in OR on their return leg back to Seattle. They’ve had that car almost as long as I’ve had mine, 30 vs 33 years.

Edited by TTR (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Day 10, 1500+ miles covered, including a 30+ mile loop around Lake Quinault this morning.

Another 1500+ miles to go, but my wife is starting to get little tired of all the attention and delays it causes.

• Like 4