If you like Bird droppings here is a 50 Car Auction for you

50 classic and antique cars that were found in a Pennsylvania barn will be auctioned off by a YouTuber — see the whole collection

IronTrap Garage 14

IronTrap Garage 7

foreground 1955 Ford Thunderbird then a 1973 Chevrolet Corvette

Edited by Mark Gregory (see edit history)

There is a deadly disease you can get from bird droppings.  I knew a guy who was active in the local volunteer fire department in Warsaw, VA.  The volunteers often would burn down abandoned houses for practice activities. They were often full of bird droppings.  He contracted a disease (I don't remember the exact name but it was some kind of Meningitis.)  He was in the hospital for months and eventually lost his eyesight completely and most of his hearing.  He lived for about 10 years like that, but eventually he died.  Since then, I wouldn't even touch a place like that.  On a tour in Pennsylvania in (I think) 1995 we stopped at a place with a barn.  The barn had tables all through with collectibles for sale on the tables.  The tables, dishes, and other collectibles were all covered with bird droppings.  I got out of that place and avoided touching anything and tried to hold my breath too, until I could get out the door.  It was NASTY.  The tour people didn't tarry there very long.

• Like 4

Ok, maybe this one should be the turning point for the "patina/barn find/mouse droppings/etc craze. Guys in real haz-mat suits & respirators to document the find, drag them outside and wash the crap off of them before the public can inspect them.

This is a choice spot for developing a serious lung ailment!

• Like 1

Years ago a friend had some Thunderbirds stored in his brothers barn. A barn with a family of barn Owls. Those were serious bird droppings. Not a rodent; alive at least, or rodent dropping in sight . 

I may be slightly mistaken but I believe the Mouse dropping hazard in the South West is particularly dangerous. 

Greg in Canada

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

Over in Korea in 1990 We had 2 guys come down with Hemmorhagic Fever courtesy of the rat crap and piss. Stuff is no joke. You literally bleed from everywhere.  Traced it back an abandoned hooch they shacked up in during maneuvers.  I think they had an outbreak of a few folks some years back in one of the tribal reservations in AZ some years back