Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

22 hours ago, MetroPetro said:

76F3586E-7BA2-4701-B3DB-307E085723D9.jpeg

Model T Ford touring car, late 1917 to mid 1919. I can't see the horn button on the steering column, or I could narrow that down a bit more. The windshield hinges fold offset up above the lower glass. Early to mid 1917s had the even folding windshield like the 1915s and 1916s used. The front axle has the wishbone above the axle itself. Ford moved the wishbone to below the front axle by mid 1919. The TT trucks actually got the below axle wishbone before the cars got them, and the TT was the impetus for making that change as the above axle wishbone used for all previous years model Ts was a bit flimsy, and deemed too weak for the heavier trucks and loads. So cars got the old style over axle wishbone until supplies of the parts were essentially used up. 1918 TT trucks had over axle wishbones, switching to under axle wishbones either late 1918 or in early 1919.

• Like 3

On 7/1/2023 at 8:42 AM, Walt G said:

That is quite a "custom" body on the disc wheel envelope .  Body by Aftermarket .

I thought the coachbuilder was “The local dump”!

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Yes indeed my friend, you heard of a speedster and roadster body well this is a dumpster body! 🤩 The heat and humidity are to high , here on western long island , making me type "facts" before looking to see if they are real. Better do that before I get any more people mad at me .

5 hours ago, Walt G said:
5 hours ago, edinmass said:

Yes indeed my friend, you heard of a speedster and roadster body well this is a dumpster body! 🤩 The heat and humidity are to high , here on western long island , making me type "facts" before looking to see if they are real. Better do that before I get any more people mad at me .

Isn't the "dump" "after-market"?

Packard Twin Six with Fleetwood Body. model 2-25 . A 3 passenger cloverleaf from a 6 1/4 x 8 1/4 print from the Fleetwood Co. that went to dealers to promote their coach work Photo has evidence of being pasted into a album when new. Style 2055. Quite possible the car did not have running boards most likely so.

PackardFLEETWOOD225.jpg

• Like 4

A family picnic outing near Ashburton in New Zealand. The date is not noted but I presume WW1 era.

As Ford didn't build a one ton truck at that time I guess this is a local conversion.

The motorcycle looks to be a Triumph from circa 1909-10.

Ashburton.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, John E. Guitar said:

Can you scan the back of the photo?

Not going to happen, to take the time to scan, save, possible enhance to see clearer I could be doing the same for a photo. If I did that it would then see a demand to do that to every photo I posted and that is just not going to happen - it all takes time , way to much time. would take up to much room here on this thread. I like to share but it has a time limit as to how much time I have to do so. I am not a public library , no staff except me, I am also an active author.

Edited by Walt G (see edit history)

Neat photo of the repair shop. Note the lack of lights overhead - but natural light through a sky light.  Skylights were what many buildings were made/equipped  with  pre WWII. The Franklin factory in Syracuse, NY had many of them that I saw in person when I toured the empty factory building just prior to their demolition.  Tall 4+ story buildings that had shafts of light that filtered down to the assorted floors to light the way so work could be done each day . Yes the evening shift at the factory did have light bulbs that would provide the necessary illumination. They had a huge power plant at the center of the rear property that burned coal to generate power.

Edited by Walt G (see edit history)
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Walt G said:

Not going to happen, to take the time to scan, save, possible enhance to see clearer I could be doing the same for a photo. If I did that it would then see a demand to do that to every photo I posted and that is just not going to happen - it all takes time , way to much time. would take up to much room here on this thread. I like to share but it has a time limit as to how much time I have to do so. I am not a public library , no staff except me, I am also an active author.

Fair enough. It looks like a Belvallette coupé limousine "Type de la Présidence". If the body is not by Belvallette it could be by Henry Binder.