Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

On 12/23/2022 at 9:40 AM, 30DodgePanel said:

Hoping to see a period glass negative look at this Brewster Marlborough Town Car if anyone has one. I searched this thread for it but had no luck locating it. Chassis S123PR according to Pinterest 

a953d67a65fed17383439e194448bb8c.jpg

John De Campi arranged for me to buy this car some time back (1990's) and I backed off as it was an early cylinder head replacement and had considerable mileage on it post replacement (ie John thought it ripe for its next mechanical restoration even though it did everything it was supposed to do at time).  Several months later it went up for sale in RROC.   Price at time was $48,500.  As far as I am aware it is the same as my prior RR PI in that there has never been a factory photo of the car surface.   Colors were Blue and Black.  

Burried in the pages here is a late 1930's photo of the Spreckles car with the applied canework when it was owned by Pacific Auto Rentals and now in the Nethercutt collection (a pretty fantastic example). 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

John De Campi arranged for me to buy this car some time back (1990's) and I backed off as it was an early cylinder head replacement and had considerable mileage on it post replacement (ie John thought it ripe for its next mechanical restoration even though it did everything it was supposed to do at time).  Several months later it went up for sale in RROC.   Price at time was $48,500.  As far as I am aware it is the same as my prior RR PI in that there has never been a factory photo of the car surface.   Colors were Blue and Black.  

Burried in the pages here is a late 1930's photo of the Spreckles car with the applied canework when it was owned by Pacific Auto Rentals and now in the Nethercutt collection (a pretty fantastic example). 

This is the Spreckles car - largely in same condition today as when in photos (glad I took the time to index terms so that it was internet searchable) - about page 184-ish

cars-07_1024x1024.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/22/2022 at 6:53 AM, 30DodgePanel said:

717849-max?u=2022-04-13+17%3A31%3A33

Fann-tastic and rare photograph, 30DodgePanel!

99 years after Lewis & Clark crossed the Divide, Fred Vogler and 3 or 4 others drove over the same pass. It was July, 1904 in a new 1904 Peerless Model 8, 4-cylinder, 24-HP car. It was 75 miles and took 7 hours. The company printed a special sales brochure highlighting the trip.

• Like 3