Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

Pak-Age-Car made by the Package Car Corporation of 1002 Capitol Avenue, Indianapolis, Indiana , this address is for their "General Service and Sales Headquarters" . Not sure if the production facility was at the same location. Rear engine power plant could be detached for service  "It can be replaced by a spare power plant within 15 minutes beside the curb"

PackAgeCAR1928.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Walt G said:

Pak-Age-Car made by the Package Car Corporation of 1002 Capitol Avenue, Indianapolis, Indiana , this address is for their "General Service and Sales Headquarters" . Not sure if the production facility was at the same location. Rear engine power plant could be detached for service  "It can be replaced by a spare power plant within 15 minutes beside the curb"

PackAgeCAR1928.jpg

Remind me of the history?    Not related to the Stutz Package car which become Diamond T Package car?    We have a forum member that has the Stutz version.

No mention of the Stutz connection on the item I got this from- a factory publication which has other images of the engine, dashboard ( it was center steering)  etc. and I don't have time right now to cross reference, but I am guessing that they were connected some how. What amazes me is the elaborate pin stripe on the wheels! wow.

I have way to much stuff to share.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Walt G said:

No mention of the Stutz connection on the item I got this from- a factory publication which has other images of the engine, dashboard ( it was center steering)  etc. and I don't have time right now to cross reference, but I am guessing that they were connected some how. What amazes me is the elaborate pin stripe on the wheels! wow.

I have way to much stuff to share.

That would be a great start on a late 1930's dry lakes race car, the center steering and removable engine pieces, not the brick. 

1934 Lancia  with a Glaser body , photo taken in Europe when the car was new. Note body tag at the bottom of the cowl  and how the fenders wrap very low around the tire , cycle fenders and lack of running boards. Not a large car but very well balanced design/styling wise.

Lancia1934.jpg

• Like 2

Tornax 1934-1937 was made in Germany. The quality of the print is poor as not enough contrast between the land and the top of the hood but such a strange car I had to share it with you. May be hard to see but the side of the chassis seems to carry a series of louvers or louver like application from front to back.

Although the car was made in Germany I wonder if this photo wasn't taken in the USA? Look at the cars in the back ground - aren't they all American makes?

Perhaps this photo was taken in the late 1940s?  SO if it was taken in the late 1940s - does the car still exist?

Tornax1934-1937.jpg

Edited by Walt G (see edit history)
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Walt G said:

1934 Lancia  with a Glaser body , photo taken in Europe when the car was new. Note body tag at the bottom of the cowl  and how the fenders wrap very low around the tire , cycle fenders and lack of running boards. Not a large car but very well balanced design/styling wise.

Lancia1934.jpg

Appears very similar proportionately to this Park Ward bodied MG:  http://www.mgta.nl/pictures/00-Pre-war#PhotoSwipe1643311040061

Craig

46 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

That would make a pretty cool camper. 

Yes....going camping with a bunch of hookers! Lots of fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, alsancle said:

I have to find the history but yes, the body has moved around over the years.

I would like to see that. I born and raised in the Chicago area. A neighbor gave me a 1958 Packard station wagon the had been rear ended. Someone built a plywood truck box and cut off the wreckage. When I needed parts for it I would visit Pingree Grove to visit what was known as the PPP farm. Packard’s, Peerless’s and Pigs. Can’t remember his name but he was in the salvage business. I remember seeing a car body there that later was identified as some experimental Cord body. Built by Central body to my memory. Is that the same car?