2nd Place today!

victorialynn2

Went to a small (25 car) show today in my town at a retirement facility. I was asked by a friend whose been a great help. The 65 Malibu won 1st and has a great pedigree and such beautiful condition. I voted for it. Dad’s car got second and the 56 Chevy belongs to a friend who helped me with dad’s cars and also is in beautiful condition. Very honored to be in the same category as these cars. 

I’d post more pics but my thread to remedy the photo issue was apparently deleted. They haven’t realized yet that interacting and photos is important to this forum. 😭

D9A606A2-B093-4E8A-AA61-EE888241C49C.jpeg

A3E972A1-FA2D-43B3-8F91-CDB2BBF34398.jpeg

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, George Smolinski said:

Congrats on your 2nd place finish.

The Chevelle has a dual snorkle air cleaner. Those were on the Z16 optioned Chevelles. Do you know any more about the Chevelle?

Yes, it was well documented from the first owner and very nice paint and interior. Was a friend who worked on it for a friend of his that sadly passed away before it was done. 

The current owner has lots of info including original bill of sale and  factory sticker. (Not a redone sticker) lots of info in a binder. 

1 hour ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

You need to take a break, and relax. Things look rough out there in OR.:lol:

Naw, it always rains out here. I think VLs pics are photoshopped some.

You can see that the top quit working when it started to rain.    :lol::lol:

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

I’m currently at a local vineyard and watching several groups of people admire dad’s car. 💕

B36CB0D8-ED97-4441-88F9-B2BD8BF72913.jpeg

This photo sure illustrates how totally boring the colors are today. Gray. Silver. Beige. White. Your Retractable really pops!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I bought a Yukon from a dealer in Portland OR about ten years ago. We talked about the colors on cars. He said that most car colors in the Pacific Northwest will be grays, silvers, black and other dark gloomy colors. He said that bright colors reds, yellows and others do not sell well. I am guessing he was right. Bright sunny places would have bright colors. Gloomy over cast places would have darker colors. What colors would Idaho have?:lol: Bright? Gloomy?:lol: Happy? sad? I just bought a black car.:o  So much to think about. I am pulling for you Idaho.:) It is not to late to have an honest conversation Idaho. I know, it will be hard. All of those other States watching.:rolleyes: 

Edited by Xander Wildeisen (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

I bought a Yukon from a dealer in Portland OR about ten years ago. We talked about the colors on cars. He said that most car colors in the Pacific Northwest will be grays, silvers, black and other dark gloomy colors. He said that bright colors reds, yellows and others do not sell well. I am guessing he was right. Bright sunny places would have bright colors. Gloomy over cast places would have darker colors. What colors would Idaho have?:lol: Bright? Gloomy?:lol: Happy? sad? I just bought a black car.:o  So much to think about. I am pulling for you Idaho.:) It is not to late to have an honest conversation Idaho. I know, it will be hard. All of those other States watching.:rolleyes: 

Most cars in Texas are gloomy colors also. 

51 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

... dealer in Portland...said that most car colors in the Pacific Northwest will be grays, silvers, black and other dark gloomy colors. He said that bright colors reds, yellows and others do not sell well. I am guessing he was right. Bright sunny places would have bright colors. 

The same colors pervade both dark and sunny states.

We get a good amount of sunshine here in Penna.

and about 80% of the new cars are black, white, and

shades of gray.  Of course, the limited colors offered

by the manufacturers are nationwide.  Wouldn't it be

great if you could go to Miami and choose from

turquoise, coral, yellow, and so on?

Car color-Museum show 2009.JPG

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Congratulations on the 2nd place VL! It really does stand out in a crowd!

3 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

I bought a Yukon from a dealer in Portland OR about ten years ago. We talked about the colors on cars. He said that most car colors in the Pacific Northwest will be grays, silvers, black and other dark gloomy colors. He said that bright colors reds, yellows and others do not sell well.

I do not subscribe to the idea that customer taste is responsible for that. The automakers are responsible for that. If you want to sell brightly colored cars, you have to actually MAKE some brightly colored cars. Look at a new car brochure sometime. Do you see any good colors? Probably not, and if there is one and you try to order it, the salesman will probably say something like "We have one in stock in Metallic Champagne" (that has been sitting on the lot too long) "And I can save you about $4000 and you can drive it away today". Sold. How do you think Chrysler sold all those beige-on-beige Darts and Sattelites in the 70s? It is pretty tough to believe anyone really ordered that. I suspect the automakers just pick colors that don't show flaws. They might put yellow or red or a nice bright blue in the brochure (once in a while), but then they only make a few.

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1