WANTED for 50 YEARS

1937hd45

The easy way to inventory everything is to assemble the car, inspect things and note what needs to be done. Engine is still together, rear is apart due to worn axle keyways, new axle shafts were made. It is a sister car to this one. Bob 

1912-hupmobile-model-20-2-seat-runabout.jpg

This one is a keeper George! It took over three years to get it, owner was on again off again about parting with it. I raised the funds THREE times, then spent the money on house related things, sold more stuff had the money, spent the money. You actually helped me the first time around when I sold the Kelsey Motorette rear wheel I bought from you. When I look at the Hup I remember a lot of parts I once had.  Bob 

• Like 2

Bring all the parts to Hershey set up a tent, and have people help you put it back together at the show.  What better place to find missing parts?  Who knows maybe you could get Hartery to sponsor the tent?  My guess is you would be driving it home.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Graham Man said:

Bring all the parts to Hershey set up a tent, and have people help you put it back together at the show.  What better place to find missing parts?  Who knows maybe you could get Hartery to sponsor the tent?  My guess is you would be driving it home.

It would be great to drive around at night for ice cream with the Garandkids and have it on the Show Field for my 50th Hershey in a row. Bob 

3 hours ago, motoringicons said:

Bob-Congrats on the purchase! You should EASILY be able to get that assembled before Hershey.  "Keep your eye on the prize" and GET IT DONE!!!!

If not, bring your Model T.

You only get one 50th Hershey in a row Anniversary, I may bring both cars. 😉

Bob

What a great acquisition Bob.  Have been on several brass-era tours with those and they run like champs.  Let's celebrate your 50th at Hershey with a wee dram. 

Terry

Thanks Terry! Today being the 4th of July I'm unwrapping the all white Universal tires and Carlisle MADE IN USA  tubes that Anne Kline may have personally sold back in 1975. Got one tire mounted without any tools, bare feet, kneecaps and thumb pressure, plus a dab of dish washing liquid. 

DSCF2422.JPG

DSCF2428.JPG

IMG_0824 (1).jpg

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)
  • Like 3