1937 Buick Special Business Sport Coupe Stainless Hood/Grill Trim

dallasalice

Dave Tacheny would be my suggestion. Call him between 4 and 7 pm Central at 763-427-3460.

I would also invite you to check out the 36-38 Buick Club website at http://www.3638buickclub.org/ and consider joining the club. The club newsletter has varying advertisements in each issue. Please let me know if you have any questions about the club. 

It sometimes takes a while to reach Dave but he is the best source that I know of, so keep trying to reach him. If Dave does not have the top center piece for the hood, Brian Depouli should be able to help you with that. He has reproduced that piece.

10 hours ago, MCHinson said:

Dave Tacheny would be my suggestion. Call him between 4 and 7 pm Central at 763-427-3460.

I would also invite you to check out the 36-38 Buick Club website at http://www.3638buickclub.org/ and consider joining the club. The club newsletter has varying advertisements in each issue. Please let me know if you have any questions about the club. 

Hey, Matthew.

That 37-81 on the 36-38 website doesn't look too bad, rebuilt motor, asking $9K (not for me, my garage is full). Any info you could share?

5 hours ago, suchan said:

Hey, Matthew.

That 37-81 on the 36-38 website doesn't look too bad, rebuilt motor, asking $9K (not for me, my garage is full). Any info you could share?

It looks like a deal to me too. It was just added to the site a few days ago and won't appear in the club newsletter until it gets delivered to the members in about a week and a half. The owner died and the family is trying to move it. I don't think it has been driven much in the last year or so but looks like a car that could be cleaned up and enjoyed with minor work to me. 

5 hours ago, rodneybeauchamp said:

Does this also fit the ‘37, perhaps a Special. And it is available if needed.

508008AA-BDD4-4845-A5FA-C89AE08C199B.jpeg

Rodney, Without checking the parts books, I think that would fit but it appears to be a 1938 rather than a 1937 part. 

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/BUICK-Horn-Button-1937-Medallion-Emblem-or-Hubcap-for-Hot-Rod/113314194989?hash=item1a620d662d:g:VHYAAOSwgchZco~G:rk:1:pf:0

I bought this for my new wheel. Not cheap but looked nice. I will give a review when I receive it. I asked this vendor if he also did restorations as well as reproductions and he said yes. I may try him on center emblem and my McLaughlin Buick grille badge. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pont35cpe said:

Dallasalice, Bhemi`s Ebay  40 series hood hinge auction, seller is Depouli

And it might be easier to just send him a PM here rather than going through ebay.

• 1 year later...

https://www.nostalgicreflections.com/ 

These guys made me a brilliant reproduction of the center badge. It is going to cost $$$ but when they used my original as a pattern they destroyed it and made a batch of 10 - 12. They also reproduced the 1937 McLauglin Buick grill badge. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1937-Buick-Chrome-Center-Hood-Hinge-Strip-40-Series-NEW/401798603599?epid=5009208525&hash=item5d8d10234f:g:ZrYAAOSwQhFdFlED This is your hood center line piece. 

The part that goes down the center of the grill cowl is in most cases bent to hell as it goes under the cowl. I have two. Expect to find one and pay lots to have fixed. It is stainless as well. 

On 10/19/2018 at 7:19 PM, dallasalice said:

Thanks, already heard from him through ebay, he doesn't reproduce or have the front curved stainless piece. Still looking, he gave me a couple more names

I have 3 or 4 of them.  Not sure if i have the emblem that goes in them as well.  They are in the loft of the garage.  I'll try to get a look today.  All would need some work to be prefect.  Some have been worked on but any one is probably saveable,  though i do recall there was a best of the 3 or 4.  I'll try to get a look later today. 

Is this what you need.Yes the emblem is a bit rough but it does have it.  The other emblem I have is probably a little nicer but on another one of these strips and I didn't take the time to swap them.   This has been worked and they didn't get it perfect but it would probably be Ok for a driver as is.  It could pretty easily be brought to show.  I have done alot of stainless trim pieces and a 39 nose piece that was crushed flat.  This is in much better shape than that. It is a little pushed down where the hood ornament bolts on.  Someone probably overtightened the hood ornament and it drew it down. 

IMG_6396.JPG

IMG_6397.JPG

IMG_6399.JPG

IMG_6409.JPG

IMG_6414.JPG

It's hard to photograph.  I'm trying to decide if it looks better or worse than it is in the photos.  Would be great if you were around the corner and could just come over and look at it yourself so you could judge if it would suffice.  I have seen people be happy with really crappy parts because they can't get one and other people pick out minute flaws that existed on every brand new part on an NOS piece so it's hard to gauge people's expectations. 

It would be easier on the shipping end as well.  This is going to be a pain to ship but it is possible.