Fuel door levers for sale

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Art and Hemi, I have 2 left but unfortunately I can’t find the gas pump stamp anywhere. I must have misplaced it when I packed everything up for the winter.  If you don’t mind the symbol missing you may purchase them. I’m not sure if I’ll continue making them. I’m bummed my mold broke after making approximately 30-40 of them. Check your PM’s I’ll send you price and payment info. Thanks for your interest and understanding.

On 1/16/2019 at 5:09 PM, Turbo Kane said:

Art and Hemi, I have 2 left but unfortunately I can’t find the gas pump stamp anywhere. I must have misplaced it when I packed everything up for the winter.  If you don’t mind the symbol missing you may purchase them. I’m not sure if I’ll continue making them. I’m bummed my mold broke after making approximately 30-40 of them. Check your PM’s I’ll send you price and payment info. Thanks for your interest and understanding.

Thank you for the snappy quick shipment. After owning this TC for 24 years, it's kind of nice to finally have a fuel door release handle. As Garnet & Gold wrote, it is a perfect fit and I'm glad it does not have the decal.

fullsizeoutput_17ec.thumb.jpeg.793d542d09b6f61a50417472aae49f1e.jpeg 

Edited by Hemi Dude
to keep the writing together, that's all. (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Good afternoon,

I need on of the levers.  I also need 2 wheel center caps (my very nice ones somehow came up missing after I had the front half axles replaced).  I also could use passenger door outer rubber molding, mine has small tear in it.

Email:  burdjames@hotmail.com

I use paypal so just send me invoice so I can pay for the lever.  For anyone, please send price if you have any of the other items.

Thanks,

Jim

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you all for your interest in the levers. I’m away on military orders but when I return I’ll start to produce them again. I’m also planning to experiment with a stronger impact resistant resin that should make them even better. I want them to be affordable for all so I plan to make price adjustment as well. My goal is to have them available Jan 2020. Thanks again for everyone’s support. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Just an update on the levers. I temporarily discontinued producing them because I’ve had to replace several broken levers that appear to fail in the same location as the originals. I now have a new prototype that is almost 2X thicker where they tend to fail (white lever on left).  I’ll test it out for a few months and if successful I’ll make them available. Thanks!7E7BE077-76A7-48FD-AC60-94CE393F2FAE.jpeg.213b5e48100492223c8e04dd4a941ac3.jpeg

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Reaper1 said:

I forgot, what material are you using and what process? GFRP would probably be the best bet if you can use it.

I use a rigid urethane casting resin and pour into a silicone mold. I’ve tried a few different products but I think redesigning the lever itself and strengthening the weak points should do the trick. I’d love to get into plastic injection molding but I’ve heard horror stories of diy setups exploding and causing serious injury. It also sounds very expensive. I’ve also recently got into metal casting. Built my own melting furnace and eventually I’ll try my hand at a green sand mold for casting. 

• Like 2

I plan to get a 3D printer by the end of the year. You can do a LOT with those. It takes some mucking around to figure out the best way to orient things and what will and won't work on the smaller machines due to cooling characteristics, but the things I've seen made and how well they hold up is pretty darn impressive, and the materials available nowadays as opposed to even 4 years ago is incredible. 

Absolutely nothing wrong with a redesign, as who is to say they actually got it right to begin with!? Obviously the fail as a stock part, so...yeah. ;)

• Like 2

A 3D printer would be awesome. My little brother has been through a few of them however. He said they work great if you don’t max out the quality and speed. You could probably get a pretty decent set up for under $1000. The capability of printing prototypes would be huge for me. Right now I can only duplicate but having the ability to create would be awesome. I can think of 100 things I’d like to make if I had one. 

• Like 2

The Prusa printer is a d@mn good unit! It's what my old place of employment used to make TONS of things (mostly tools and fixtures) used in a production environment. They had 7 of the things running. Keep in mind that they also had SUPER expensive industrial units, too. We even had the FIRST Thermwood LSAM (Large Scale Additive Manufacturing) machine (the bed size is something like 10 FEET x 10 FEET and the printer head was spitting out a plastic bead about 1" in diameter!). But those little Prusa printers were reliable, cheap to run, and easy to use. I bet you can't guess what I intend to get? LOL ;)

• 5 months later...

Hey folks just a quick update on the redesigned fuel door levers. I put the white one in the above picture through the test over summer. Gave it many harder than usual pulls and it held up great! It feels sturdy and is definitely a better product! My goal is to make the best replacement part for your TC that will last! The new levers will be black in color and they should be available in the next few day. Thanks for your patience 

-Turbo Kane

• Like 2