4,000th post - A "Thank You" to our forum members

Marty Roth

JUST REALIZED A MILESTONE - MY 4,000TH POST ON OUR FORUM.

Ten Days short of Ten Years Since Joining,

and averaging just over one post per day since that time,

This is an appropriate time to take note, and for me to thank the many, many individuals who make our FORUM the exceptional interchange of information, expertise, experience, humor, and sharing.

My vehicles show the benefit of your comments, as does my life.

I've had the benefit of meeting many of you in person during our travels, on Tour, while Judging at our Meets, or just on vacation. Regrettably, I'll never have the experience of meeting most of you.

We come together from many different walks of life, differing life and work experience, are geographically dispersed, chronologically varied in age from teens to nineties and possibly beyond, perhaps favor many differing types of vehicles, yet all contribute to the overall community, each in a special way.

Some of us collect, or restore, or maintain, some broker or flip, and others may simply observe! - some prefer the technical aspects and others maybe not? - some restore simply for the end result, others are dedicated to the competitive aspects of Show/Meet/ Concourse, and still others are dedicated to literature or to the Tour/Driving portion of our lifestyle.

The choice of era - Brass, Nickel, Glidden, Chrome, Tuner, etc -

Four-wheeling, or Two (or three?)-

gas, diesel, electric, hybrid-

all of the above?

... but our dissimilarities make us all the more similar and comparable - 

and hopefully the collector vehicle community is better for that !

I simply want to thank all of you who make our FORUM the pleasant, safe, informative, educational, fun and enjoyable place it has become, and with proper guidance, will continue to be. 

With best regards to all with our wish for health and happiness for the holiday season and the new year,

Marty

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Mark Gregory said:

Marty congratulations . I will never forget the time you posted the car's previous owner and the the future owner with you the present owner . I agree about the humour it keeps the Forum going posts by 60 Flat Top comes to mind right away .

Thank you Mark, 

I brought back the photo just for the memory.

Lyle Pearson (center of the photo, and regrettably no longer with us) was the second owner of the 1934 Buick which he bought in 1970 and kept for 25 years.

That is me on the right - I met Lyle in 1990 on the Glidden Tour in Colorado Springs and first saw the Buick that day, but didn't get to buy it until 1995, and kept it for 20 years.

Vic (the new owner is allowed to rest his hand on the fender!) now has the blue Buick in Nevada among his wonderful collection

Vic Marty Lyle and 1934 Buick.jpg

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Your words up top are very well said Marty. This country has always had a love for the automobile. And it pulls together people from all different walks of life, from all over the world. Some of the people who had had the biggest impact on my life, have been met through car related clubs/shows/events/swap meets or just running into people driving a classic/collector car around. I hope the hobby/industry/trade, can do what needs to be done in order to keep it safe and enjoyable for everyone. 

• Like 1

Well said, Marty, and congrats on the 4000! 

I realize it's much easier for you to write out your thoughts, as you don't like to talk much!   Ummm, for those who don't personally know my good friend Marty, that's a bit of humor.  Not much, just a bit....

It's amazing how the hobby brings people of such varied backgrounds together, as stated above.  If all my cars went away tomorrow, I'd still have friends all over the world, through both this forum and all the car activities of my life.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Marty has always been the quiet and shy type! 

Actually, we have spoken on the phone and emailed several times. I met him this last February at the annual meeting in Philadelphia. Marty is certainly an asset to the hobby and a fine ambassador for the club and all its members. Here’s to the next 4000! My best, Ed

• Like 1

Marty, congrats on your post # 4,000 !

I will echo what others have already stated and simply say " thank you" for the guidance and direction you have provided to me, as I mutter my way through the world of AACA.

You have made my AACA journey more rewarding, for that I am appreciative.

To solve the concern, regarding meeting all of us, we'll all meet at your place for a week of fun and frolic.

You name the time.

Best wishes for the next 4,000 posts ....... I'll be reading them as long as I'm around.  :)

• Like 1

And 4000 more Marty!

Picture2.jpg

• Thanks 1

Guest rakhi1774

congrents marty he has always been the quietMarty has always been the quiet. 

It's amazing how the hobby brings people of such varied backgrounds together, as stated above.  If all my cars went away tomorrow, I'd still have friends all over the world, through both this forum and all the car activities of my life.

[url=http://www.contenthoop.com/p reventative-vehicle-maintenanc e/8315/] PREVENTATIVE VEHICLE MAINTENANCE
 [/url]

Edited by rakhi1774 (see edit history)