I have to Brag

victorialynn2

Please join me in thanking Jackm. He has got my '57 to a point that she runs like a new car. He has done so much that I can not inventory it all. 

I will forever be grateful for all the support I have received here and I hope you join me in thanking Jack for his help with the '57. He knows this car is for my personal enjoyment and he has graciously donated his expertise to make her run in tip top shape. 

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)
  • Like 4

P.M. sent to Jack. Vic', make sure you take the short drive down to centerline for the total eclipse. Leave very early , and take a very little travelled route along back roads you know. Amateur astronomy is my second most expensive hobby. I must say , I am a bit of an expert on total solar eclipses. P.M. , or call if you like.   - Carl

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, C Carl said:

P.M. sent to Jack. Vic', make sure you take the short drive down to centerline for the total eclipse. Leave very early , and take a very little travelled route along back roads you know. Amateur astronomy is my second most expensive hobby. I must say , I am a bit of an expert on total solar eclipses. P.M. , or call if you like.   - Carl

I happen to be in the total path. 

Good for you, and GOOD FOR JACKM! This is what the old car hobby was like when I was a kid. So glad that spirit is still alive today. 

My dad was widely respected for his skills with mechanical things in the 60's and 70's. I remember many, many times when I tagged along with him when he went to the homes of fellow members of the Southern Ohio Chapter of AACA, who were not as skilled mechanically, to help them work on their vehicles. Often other talented mechanics from our club would also show up, and a group of people would tackle a project for someone who needed the help. My dad ALWAYS refused payment of any kind. He freely helped people he cared about, but would not work for anyone else even for pay. 

In my childish mind, my dad was just a notch or two short of Superman. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

Please join me in thanking Jackm. He has got my '57 to a point that she runs like a new car.... 

I will forever be grateful for all the support I have received here... 

Victoria, you're getting a look at the benefits of a car club!

Knowing good people, learning more, sharing experiences with others,

GREATLY enhances the enjoyment of owning a car.    And the more involved

a person is, and the longer he's involved, the more the dividends keep multiplying. 

• Like 1

Jack M must be a good guy and you are very good to point that out. Most of the people that I've run into on this forum are very helpful and giving. I'm sure Jack went the extra mile of actually working on your car because you come across as a very decent individual that recognizes and acknowledges others talents. Congratulations to you both. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lump said:

Good for you, and GOOD FOR JACKM! This is what the old car hobby was like when I was a kid. So glad that spirit is still alive today. 

My dad was widely respected for his skills with mechanical things in the 60's and 70's. I remember many, many times when I tagged along with him when he went to the homes of fellow members of the Southern Ohio Chapter of AACA, who were not as skilled mechanically, to help them work on their vehicles. Often other talented mechanics from our club would also show up, and a group of people would tackle a project for someone who needed the help. My dad ALWAYS refused payment of any kind. He freely helped people he cared about, but would not work for anyone else even for pay. 

In my childish mind, my dad was just a notch or two short of Superman. 

Glad your dad was this way and PROUD to say that I work along the same lines!  

BTW, our region of the AACA has Tuesday night car clinics for all of our members.  They can bring their car to be diagnosed, or we go to them if the vehicle is non-op or unsafe. We have even trailered a couple cars to our clubhouse where we have a lift and tools for working on cars.

Once problems are diagnosed, the member is responsible for purchasing the needed parts and then we show them how to correctly install/adjust the parts.  All a FREE service to our members.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, SC38DLS said:

Jack M must be a good guy and you are very good to point that out. Most of the people that I've run into on this forum are very helpful and giving. I'm sure Jack went the extra mile of actually working on your car because you come across as a very decent individual that recognizes and acknowledges others talents. Congratulations to you both. 

I have had so much help from so many here. It's been amazing. 

I would be "lacking" if I neglected to say I wish your Dad peace, as his journey continues.

Maybe, just maybe, he is able to detect the twinkle in your eye, when you talk about your joy with his retract.

Seeing  the pic with the top in mid travel position reminds me of my friends '57 retract.

We went to a car show, displayed the top,  just as you have done.

When it was time to call it a day, we hopped in, started the car, but the top made up its mind to stay in the mid travel position.

This happened many years ago ...... and not being a Ford guy, I can remember fussing with relays and limit switches and jumper wires to ultimately get the top to cooperate and go back to its "fully up position".  :)

• Like 1

Thanks Bob. 

The situation with dad is very tough now I can not talk to him about the past. It upsets him and they have behavior issues with him already. Plus I see the loss in his eyes and it's just not good for him. It's hard to fully explain, and may sound counter intuitive, but it's now better for my dad to not be reminded of most things in his past. This is a very difficult time to see him where he is. 

It is very bittersweet to enjoy what he no longer can. I am working hard to accept the way things are right now. I get very emotional just thinking about him. I pray he is at peace and I try to accept that I can't make things better for him. 

This car is one of very few things that puts a smile on my face these days. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

Thanks Bob. 

The situation with dad is very tough now I can not talk to him about the past. It upsets him and they have behavior issues with him already. Plus I see the loss in his eyes and it's just not good for him. It's hard to fully explain, and may sound counter intuitive, but it's now better for my dad to not be reminded of most things in his past. This is a very difficult time to see him where he is. 

It is very bittersweet to enjoy what he no longer can. I am working hard to accept the way things are right now. I get very emotional just thinking about him. I pray he is at peace and I try to accept that I can't make things better for him. 

This car is one of very few things that puts a smile on my face these days. 

Having "been there" with my parents, I understand your thoughts and your words.

Always do what your gut tells you ...... then proceed, one day at a time.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, SC38DLS said:

I agree that 57 is just beautiful. The colors just scream the 50s. Which is very cool. 

Drive the heck out of it and just have fun. 

Now that Jack has it running so well I drive it locally often; sometimes even to do errands. 

Of course there is a constant stream of things that need attention. Most are small details. I assume that's true of all classics.  She sure does put a smile on my face in her convertible mode though. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SC38DLS said:

I agree that 57 is just beautiful. The colors just scream the 50s. Which is very cool. 

Drive the heck out of it and just have fun. 

Now that Jack has it running so well I drive it locally often; sometimes even to do errands. 

Of course there is a constant stream of things that need attention. Most are small details. I assume that's true of all classics.  She sure does put a smile on my face in her convertible mode though. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2017 at 0:15 AM, victorialynn2 said:

Please join me in thanking Jackm. He has got my '57 to a point that she runs like a new car. He has done so much that I can not inventory it all. 

I will forever be grateful for all the support I have received here and I hope you join me in thanking Jack for his help with the '57. He knows this car is for my personal enjoyment and he has graciously donated his expertise to make her run in tip top shape. 

I hereby confer upon JackM  the COOLEST GUY award. 

• Thanks 1