eBay sale - 1970 Ford Maverick 21,000 miles original!

Guest guuzbmps

Guest guuzbmps

Check out this car.  232431950570 is the item number of this garage kept car. Interior is still brand new. Even smells brand new.  Been in family for 47 years. I just had to pass this car along to this group of people...Buy it now price is only $4,200. ?? WHOEVER GETS THIS CAR IS GETTING A GREAT DEAL...  But hurry... If someone local offers me more than $5,000 it comes off of eBay and will be sold to local buyer.  I am not a business owner on eBay so my monthly selling limit is only $5,000 total. That is the only reason it is listed so low on eBay.  Someone is coming to look at it on the 4th.  I have seen cars like this selling for $19,000 but they are decked out. This is all original except for the couple parts listed on eBay.  I know there is a car enthusiast out there who knows it's value.  Won't find one of these again for this price!!! 

IMG_7089.JPG

IMG_7094.JPG

IMG_7095.JPG

IMG_7100.JPG

IMG_7102.JPG

IMG_7111.JPG

IMG_7113.JPG

IMG_7115.JPG

IMG_7117.JPG

IMG_7119.JPG

IMG_7120.JPG

IMG_7141.JPG

IMG_7142.JPG

IMG_7085.JPG

Looks like it had a pretty rough life to be 21000 miles. I would like to see the documentation proving the mileage. My in-laws bought a new Maverick and it was a ok car for basic transportation.  NADA value for a 6 cyl. Maverick is about half the asking price. 

• Like 1

Guest BillP

Himalayan prayer flags and heart-shaped fried egg license plate hider mark this as a serious ride.

Yes, it's a rainy day here.

Guest guuzbmps
10 hours ago, Fleek said:

Looks like it had a pretty rough life to be 21000 miles. I would like to see the documentation proving the mileage. My in-laws bought a new Maverick and it was a ok car for basic transportation.  NADA value for a 6 cyl. Maverick is about half the asking price. 

5 hours ago, 8E45E said:

Despite being the 'first year of production', it is still overshadowed by later 1971-2 editions; Grabber and Sprint for equipment and trim.

Craig

5 hours ago, 8E45E said:

Despite being the 'first year of production', it is still overshadowed by later 1971-2 editions; Grabber and Sprint for equipment and trim.

Craig

Guest guuzbmps

I KNOW these miles are original. If you choose not to believe that is fine.  I have lived around this car and know it's history for a fact.  God bless you.  

Guest guuzbmps

I am not trying to get a bunch of money for this car and don't expect what those other year cars could get.  Someone will see the value. If not, fine!!!  I have local people interested in it too. Thanks for the information.?

10 minutes ago, guuzbmps said:

I KNOW these miles are original. If you choose not to believe that is fine.  I have lived around this car and know it's history for a fact.  God bless you.  

The senior living centers in my area have lots of 30 year, old extremely low mileage cars, in the parking garages with the same kind of dings, dents and surface rust.

I believe you and I think your buy it now price is in the ball park.

Garage kept continuously. Been in our immediate family since new (47 years). Only driven to church and grocery store... like the story goes...

Yes the mileage is most likely correct, lots of short trips, not driven daily, and not used for commuting to work.

Guest guuzbmps
13 minutes ago, mike6024 said:

I believe you listed your car on eBay wrong, it is in the wrong category. See it doesn't even show up in this search for Maverick in the Cars & trucks category :

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Cars-Trucks/6001/i.html?_from=R40&_sop=16&_nkw=ford+maverick&_vxp=mtr

eBay Motors>Cars & Trucks>Ford>Other

Instead it shows up here :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Classic-automobile-1970-Ford-Maverick-21K-original-miles-/232431950570?

In the category of collectible advertising of the automobile variety, which usually means like old magazine advertisements for automobiles.

Collectibles>Advertising>Automobiles>American>Ford

Thank you.

Do you know how I can fix it?  It is showing locked.  You can probably tell I am pretty new to selling a car on ebay. Haha.

Edited by guuzbmps (see edit history)

I'm going to warn you DO NOT SELL CARS anywhere on ebay except on EBAY MOTORS!

I don't think you want to get socked nearly 20% in fees do you?

On ebay motors you'll get hit for $125 I think....period.

PULL the auction.

Say there was an error in the listing, which is the 100% truth, and relist it on ebay motors.

My father bought one for my mother in the late summer 1969.  We had to wait a few months before the car was delivered.  A drunk driver wiped the car out while it was parked in front of the house in 1974.  Unbelievable how familiar that dash seems even though I have not seen one in over 40 years.  

Edited by Pomeroy41144 (see edit history)

Guest guuzbmps
1 hour ago, mike6024 said:

The listing being "Locked" means someone bid on it already, so you cannot change the description after someone has already bid on it. That would be unfair to change the description after someone has bid, so they "lock" it. The description is locked. But you can still cancel the whole thing, which implies all bids get voided.

Thanks... It is fixed... I appreciate all of your help.

A hearty warm welcome to the wonderful world of AACA forums , guzzbmps ! You certainly can handle the jostling which does take place here on rare occasions ! Everyone here is generous with their time and knowledge. From this will come a multi-dimensional understanding of the factors determining sale price. You will feel O.K. about the money you get , and that is O.K. O.K. ?  Glad to have you with us ! Hang in there ! Happy Friday All ! Enjoy this hot Summer weekend !    - Carl

4 minutes ago, C Carl said:

A hearty warm welcome to the wonderful world of AACA forums , guzzbmps ! You certainly can handle the jostling which does take place here on rare occasions ! Everyone here is generous with their time and knowledge. From this will come a multi-dimensional understanding of the factors determining sale price. You will feel O.K. about the money you get , and that is O.K. O.K. ?  Glad to have you with us ! Hang in there ! Happy Friday All ! Enjoy this hot Summer weekend !    - Carl

"Blessed shall be the peacemakers...."

guuzbmps,

Welcome to the AACA Discussion Forum. I have moved your post to the Buy/Sell Forum which is where it actually belongs. Being in the General Forum it attracted a bit of attention that it might not have if in the correct Buy/Sell Forum initially. I have removed a few of the negative comments that were uncalled for. Hopefully everybody will remember the forum's rules regarding comments about buy/sell posts.

Everyone else, If you have a question for the seller feel free to respond. If you simply want to run the car down, please remember to be kind. 

In the summer of 1977 I bought a '70 Maverick in the Chicago area for $200. I was born and raised in Waukegan (40 miles north of Chicago) and had lived there for 25 years except for the two years I was in the Army. My Maverick was the same as this one except it was blue and had a 3 on the tree. The other difference was the rear wheel wells were rusted away a good 3" all the way around from seven rough Chicago winters. On August 12, 1977 (next week will be 40 years) I loaded everything I owned into it and headed west on I-80 to a place I had never been to (but heard a lot about) called California. I had $450 cash in my pocket and no credit cards when I left and didn't know a soul in the entire state but I knew I was sick of the winters there and it was time for a change. I made it out there successfully and got a decent job and ended up selling it after a few months because I got tired of people laughing at all the rust on it. End of story. LOL. Good luck with the sale.... :)

guuzbpms,

Welcome to the forum. 

I remember my grandfather bought 1970 Chevy Nova brand new and hardly drove it, just short trips to the supermarket or to visit us. He had that car for years. It had super low mileage when he finally had to give up driving. Inside was clean as the day it was bought new.......but outside, it looked like it had spent its life in Beirut! He lived in a senior complex and all of the cars in the parking lot looked the same. Corner dings, fender bonks, bumper scrapes. It seems all the seniors there had poor vision and less than stellar driving abilities at their advanced ages, but none of them seemed to complain about the dings (probably couldn't see them). So while your Maverick might not be everyone's cup of tea, it reminds me very much of the condition my grandfather's car was in when it came time to sell.

Good luck with your sale.

Greg

Guest guuzbmps
22 hours ago, C Carl said:

Thanks, Carl, for the warm welcome. U was actually entertained with one member.  ??? Most people seem to be generous with their knowledge.  And I appreciate that.  Yeah, unfortunately I expect a lower amount than what I actually want.  And yeah that's totally O.K.  That is business.  My sentimental value is much higher (and I know I will never get that amount) but my grandma would have wanted me to get something valuable out of it. So whatever it sells for $10 or $1000, the money will be going into a fund to grow for my boys education.  I would rather see it sell for $10 to someone who can improve it to his/her liking than to see it go through more "rough" ? years of neglect on my part.  I don't know the first thing about restoring cars. But someone out there may enjoy it. Right?  Like I said in other posts... I am not looking to make a bunch of money.... After all it is a Maverick not a Baracuda or Mustang. ? Thanks again Carl. You seem to be knowledgeable and kind.

Guest guuzbmps
20 hours ago, MCHinson said:

guuzbmps,

Welcome to the AACA Discussion Forum. I have moved your post to the Buy/Sell Forum which is where it actually belongs. Being in the General Forum it attracted a bit of attention that it might not have if in the correct Buy/Sell Forum initially. I have removed a few of the negative comments that were uncalled for. Hopefully everybody will remember the forum's rules regarding comments about buy/sell posts.

Everyone else, If you have a question for the seller feel free to respond. If you simply want to run the car down, please remember to be kind. 

Thanks for that.

Guest guuzbmps
17 hours ago, Lebowski said:

In the summer of 1977 I bought a '70 Maverick in the Chicago area for $200. I was born and raised in Waukegan (40 miles north of Chicago) and had lived there for 25 years except for the two years I was in the Army. My Maverick was the same as this one except it was blue and had a 3 on the tree. The other difference was the rear wheel wells were rusted away a good 3" all the way around from seven rough Chicago winters. On August 12, 1977 (next week will be 40 years) I loaded everything I owned into it and headed west on I-80 to a place I had never been to (but heard a lot about) called California. I had $450 cash in my pocket and no credit cards when I left and didn't know a soul in the entire state but I knew I was sick of the winters there and it was time for a change. I made it out there successfully and got a decent job and ended up selling it after a few months because I got tired of people laughing at all the rust on it. End of story. LOL. Good luck with the sale.... :)

Great story. 

Guest guuzbmps

Thanks for taking control.  I know I am an outsider in a forum to which I have little knowledge about.  It is nice to see kind people welcoming me and kindly trying to help me understand the car's worth. I hope it is clear that I am only trying to sell a car to someone who could do more with it... and that is pretty much the whole story.? ? Have a great day! Thanks again.

Guest guuzbmps
On 8/3/2017 at 3:42 PM, BillP said:

Himalayan prayer flags and heart-shaped fried egg license plate hider mark this as a serious ride.

Yes, it's a rainy day here.

Hahahahaha  YEP!

6 hours ago, guuzbmps said:

Thanks for taking control.  I know I am an outsider in a forum to which I have little knowledge about.  It is nice to see kind people welcoming me and kindly trying to help me understand the car's worth. I hope it is clear that I am only trying to sell a car to someone who could do more with it... and that is pretty much the whole story.? ? Have a great day! Thanks again.

You'll find critics out there, no matter what you are trying to sell.

Some criticism is constructive, while other criticism is best left not posted.

Do your best to be open and honest, then wait for someone who is interested in your product. 

Guest guuzbmps
2 hours ago, bobg1951chevy said:

You'll find critics out there, no matter what you are trying to sell.

Some criticism is constructive, while other criticism is best left not posted.

Do your best to be open and honest, then wait for someone who is interested in your product. 

You said it perfectly! Thank you. ?

After reading all of this and looking at the Ebay link I see that you did not list a buy it now or a reserve.

You may not get the $4200 that you stated here on the forum as a reserve.

Be prepared to let it go for the highest bid.

Just sayin.

Guest guuzbmps
7 hours ago, JACK M said:

After reading all of this and looking at the Ebay link I see that you did not list a buy it now or a reserve.

You may not get the $4200 that you stated here on the forum as a reserve.

Be prepared to let it go for the highest bid.

Just sayin.

I am prepared.  All is good.  I lowered the reserve and removed the buy it now on purpose.  Whatever happens I will be ok with. Thanks Jack. ?

Guest guuzbmps

2 days and 15 hours left on this Maverick.   A man came to look at this car in person... It will sell for a nice price (in my opinion).  Thanks to all of you, on this site who have been kind and shared your stories and knowledge in a pleasant manner.  It is great to see people are still enjoying classic cars.  ?