Volunteers Needed!!! Driven Class Judging-Brookfield

bhclark

Brookfield will be our swan song in Driven Class Judging, as beginning in Denver, the award will be given out at registration and will be available to everyone who drives their Buick, regardless of it being judged in 400 pt or Archival.

I am seeking help in judging our field this year. We have about 50 cars registered. I would like to have about 10 judges.

If you are not involved with the 400 pt, archival or Modified judging, please let me know if you will be able to assist us with Driven Class Judging.  There is no formal training class required. We will brief you Saturday morning.

If you can bring a friend, the more the merrier!

Respond here, or email me at 59buick@gmail.com

Thanks!
  • Like 1

I would be glad to judge the driven class! Just text  me pictures of the car and I'll text back the score?

Just kidding of course, but if I ever do judge it will likely be either driven or archival. I would be prone to kill a car in the 400 point glass 

• Like 1

Nope  Next year its like all modern sports, you participate, you get a trophy. In this case though, you sign a form at registration saying you drove the car and you get the medallion. This was done so more of the driven cars can also participate in the 400 or archival judging.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bill Stoneberg said:

Nope  Next year its like all modern sports, you participate, you get a trophy. In this case though, you sign a form at registration saying you drove the car and you get the medallion. This was done so more of the driven cars can also participate in the 400 or archival judging.

Bill,

Is that because the driven class cars are not allowed to park with the 400 point judged cars?

Mark does have a valid point. I do not recall any BOD discussion on this matter. Who decided to eliminate the driven class? I as one who drove my DRIVER 1937 to South Bend and had the STUPIDITY not to move my car to the poor relations field. I am sorry that I held up the judging process. I know as a judge at Concord, South Bend, Portland and Springfield that a different colored window card did not slow us down a bit!

The driven class doesn't appear to be eliminated, but the process changed, no longer requiring on field judging. So, the car would spend the rest of its time being driven, or in any of the other judged classes, or whatever you want to do with it. That would only leave the modified class as needing to be segregated (and most years the Archival class as well). 

I still need some judging volunteers in the 400-point L, M, N, and U (unrestored) classes. These are mostly the later model cars (1965 and up). Volunteers do need to attend the judges' training seminar on Friday afternoon, and you get a free breakfast on Saturday morning.

Pete Phillips

2017 Meet Head Judge

• Like 2

On 7/1/2017 at 5:22 PM, Pete Phillips said:

I still need some judging volunteers in the 400-point L, M, N, and U (unrestored) classes. These are mostly the later model cars (1965 and up). Volunteers do need to attend the judges' training seminar on Friday afternoon, and you get a free breakfast on Saturday morning.

Pete Phillips

2017 Meet Head Judge

Hey, get your own judges and stop stealing mine! Ha ha!

Another reason to simplify the driven award....it will hopefully free up a few more people for the formal judging, although it won't be as quick and fun as driven class. (Sticks out tongue) :)

• Like 3

On 6/30/2017 at 10:01 PM, JohnD1956 said:

Ed Allmond will also volunteer. If possible we'd like to work as a team.

Thank you John!

Approved, you are officially a team.

Judges breakfast is at 7 am.

We will meet after at 9am, outside the hospitality suite.

Edited by bhclark (see edit history)
  • Like 1