not much on the styling side

It seems that the "Tote Motel" was also the "Lite Cloud", which looked just like the "Tote Motel".  Other than photographs, I was not able to find any information on the "Tote Motel".  It looks better on the old Ford Wagon, but it's still ugly.  When something is that ugly, it has a certain "je ne sais quoi":huh:, making it almost cool or perhaps a perfect example of misguided genius.  Cool or not, it still looks heavy to me, and I'll bet that the Ford wagon in the photo has a set of air shocks to level the ride.

A quick search of the internet turned this up:

Related image

And this:    

weird camper trailers - Google Search

I would have that Nash.

Not so much the Pontiac, but would be the only one there, either one would be a camera magnet.

Comparing the Pontiac with the Ford, Pontiac has a much larger sitting room.

On 5/31/2017 at 6:04 PM, Tinindian said:

what an ignoble end to a "Chief".

Eh, the job was done in 1969, so this Chief wasn't even AACA eligible yet. I'd bet a months wage the only reason that we still have this Chief 48 years later is because of the modifications done to it. Though my goodness it is ugly.

• Like 3

On 6/5/2017 at 7:08 PM, John348 said:

Back in the day I used to travel around to a lot of Grateful Dead Shows (those were the days!) I could have sworn I seen that Pontiac out in the parking lot of a few shows, then again my memory is a little cloudy of that time in my life

I am sure you are right. It was the one in the middle of the three that you remember seeing.;)

Like I said my memory is a little cloudy of that time in my life, but I do remember it was a lot of fun and could not wait to go to the next show!!!!

10 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

I am sure you are right. It was the one in the middle of the three that you remember seeing.;)

As the lyrics in the song "Truckin" go it sort of describes why maybe all three became the one in the middle

"other times I can barely see" .............................

"lately it occurred to me"..........................................

"What loooong strange trip it's been"............

Edited by John348 (see edit history)
  • Like 1