Buick pictures you may or may not like

Elpad

2 minutes ago, Schmiddy said:

What's wrong with that one? :o (you should place it in "Girls on Buick IV ^_^)

Just don't like the colors! But I will post it there too

5 hours ago, RivNut said:

Did you open the link in post #98?  It talks about board track racing.

Yep, absolutely amazing! :o 
I can well imagine the sound of the wheels on these wood tracks combined with the odor of the exhaust gases of the engines of that time! ... Sometimes I wish I had a time machine :lol: 

On 5/17/2017 at 9:28 PM, Beemon said:

but not before I have a 68 Charger :ph34r:

My best friend in high school had a '68 Charger RT with a 440, 4-speed, 4-piston disk brakes and Dana 60 rear end.  That thing was a beast - I had it indicating 142 on the speedo one night on an empty interstate.  (Yikes!)  The front end would get pretty light at speeds above 80...  :o

Just now, EmTee said:

My best friend in high school had a '68 Charger RT with a 440, 4-speed, 4-piston disk brakes and Dana 60 rear end.  That thing was a beast - I had it indicating 142 on the speedo one night on an empty interstate.  (Yikes!)  The front end would get pretty light at speeds above 80...  :o

My dad had a built 426 before I was born. Used to always call him a liar until he drudged out some old photos. He said when everyone was putting the nose up, he put the nose as low to the ground as possible and just rolled with it.

Yep, my ol' man had a thing with big-block V8 swaps in his pickup trucks.  Started with a '66 Chevy he put a Camaro 396 into.  The ultimate, however, was his '68 Chevy 3/4 ton (C-20) with the 440 6-barrel and 4-speed plucked from a wrecked '69 Road Runner.  That was my father's version of the "Farmtruck" in 1973.  That thing embarrassed many Camaros and Corvettes!  Just cranking the starter would get your attention quick -- that gear reduction starter whine was definitely NOT the sound a normal Chevy would make!  ;)  

That's funny, my dad did a 396 swap in his 78 Chev K10 back in the early 90s, before he sold it for an 80 and dropped a 502 in it. I always knew dad was coming to pick me up from daycare because I could hear him from 5 miles away. Funny you mention the "Farmtruck" because my dad's been living with my uncle for the last couple of years now down on the coast and we just got running my uncle's 1970 C20. It's got the stock 350 in it, but the exact same color as the Farmtruck, with matching bed cover. They're thinking about doing a 396 swap in that one, too, but cheap throw away engines waiting to be built aren't as plentiful as they were 20 years ago.

Wew, we're wayyy off topic now... lol

• Like 1

A lot of the board tracks BURNT to the ground.  A wreck would happen, and gas/oil spilled setting the boards on fire.  Some tracks took over a MILLION board feet of lumber, but was cheapest way to build a track. 

The 1910 Buick Bug car ran on a few board tracks.

I have a wood model I built, I named it the SPLINTER  SPECIAL. Some board tracks were banked over 40%, lots of motorcycles raced on board tracks, as did peddle bikes.

I have a great photo of the Buick 1910 Bug along side two of the mini race cars,

Dale in Indy

• Like 3