New eBay Listings

Chimera

I been attempting to edumacate myself on Gran Sports via comments on this thread to verify the Red Riv linked above  

I see Ed's comment:

"Little things like the missing emblem on the passenger's door panel"

do you mean the R logo Ed? just confirming there shouldn't be a GS specific emblem or something.

this is the door trim on the Red Riv

not many pics in this ad... I'll get some more info from the seller... 

RivPassDoorTrimeBayRed.png

edumacation.jpg

Edited by whitewatersky (see edit history)

3 hours ago, whitewatersky said:

I been attempting to edumacate myself on Gran Sports via comments on this thread to verify the Red Riv linked above  

I see Ed's comment:

"Little things like the missing emblem on the passenger's door panel"

do you mean the R logo Ed? just confirming there shouldn't be a GS specific emblem or something.

Yes, he was referring to the R emblem, there isn't anything on the door that is Gran Sport specific.

9 hours ago, rocky5517 said:

That 68 is sweet!

It is indeed - but kinda lazy how they got red paint ON the 430-4 decal. I'd think a pro engine rebuild would ship pre-painted.

Hmmmm <_<  Peel the onion

A straight front bumper for a '68 is extremely rare now.

Edited by PWB
typo (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, bodayguy said:

Looks good. I could only find two things to comment on. 1) The air cleaner is oriented incorrectly, and 2) the wheel covers are from a 63.  Nice car in good condition.

Edited by RivNut
effing predictive text (see edit history)
  • Like 1

OK Riviera People: That white 64 on the ebay looks yummy.  All but 1 or 2 64 Rivs on the ebay (the black one in the snow) have NO bids. I suggest that the real money, what a legit prospect will pay in a reasonable period of time is DRAMATICALLY less than people's idea of how much they're worth.   Mitch

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lrlforfun said:

OK Riviera People: That white 64 on the ebay looks yummy.  All but 1 or 2 64 Rivs on the ebay (the black one in the snow) have NO bids. I suggest that the real money, what a legit prospect will pay in a reasonable period of time is DRAMATICALLY less than people's idea of how much they're worth.   Mitch

A fine 'dame. She doesn't possess the hide-aways. Maybe that limits an audience?

All the '65's are too tweaked or hurting.

Have you guys ever looked at the Pricing guides?  NADA or Hagerty's??  The value of your car is alot higher than you are all giving credit to and knocking these guys for asking honest money for their car.  The Riviera is unique and not a 67 or 69 Camaro that there are thousands of, all over done and redone and the junk guys are asking big money for.  The Riviera that are done in good driving condition should all be valued over 20K, but people keep settling for cheap money so they can get quick sales.  This drives the value of your car down, just like the housing market if people keep selling their cars for less than they are worth....the value of EVERYONES car is going down.

Im not saying we need to see cars asking 100K, not even 50, but $15K as a start point on a bid on a car that doesnt NEED anything.....thats more than fair, he should raise it to 18K

• Like 1

I agree Chris. It takes two to tango on price, and no one has to sell theirs for $10K if they don't want to.

There may not be a huge market for Riviera fans, the same as for a Chevelle or Mustang, but a very nice first-gen Riv should not be a sub $20K car in my opinion either.

I'm watching the Bring a Trailer '66 Riv to see how it ends. That might tell us where the driver-quality market is. I would guess it hits at least $17K - the reserve has to be at least that high.

I have had my car for sale on Ebay for going on three weeks now and on craigslist longer than that.  I have received ZERO calls, emails or any response from numerous cruise ins in the area.  The amount of buyers is alot smaller for a first gen Riv, but this doesnt mean I should settle for smaller money.  Im in a position to keep my car as long as I want, but if the money comes it comes.  Ebay gave me free listings to use, so Im using them.  Sure my 28K listing right now is high, but I put make an offer too and no one has.  There arent as many buyers are you guys think

And I have always found it funny how cars for sale get so much attention here.....But none of you are buying them either ;)

"The Rivieras that are done, in good driving condition, should all be valued over 20K, but people keep settling for cheap money so they can get quick sales. "

That is because there are more cars for sale than there are buyers willing to pay those prices.

Personally, I think these cars are Priceless !   BUT, value is determined by what a reasonable person is willing to pay for an item.   Not what the seller thinks it is worth, or even what the seller has paid into it.

If I see a car listed at 28K, in my mind I would feel comfortable in offering 10%, maybe 15% less. But not 20 or 25% less. I see this as being seen as insulting, by the seller. And that is not a good footing to start negotiations on.   So if the price is too high I don't even consider it, despite caveats like "OBO" or "Negotiable".

For buyers, listings are mucking up the market with an "I Don't Want To Sell It Price". When everyone raises their prices to those "I Don't Want To Sell It Prices" the market stagnates till a happy medium is found. Till then, Nothing sells.

And, how many people do you know with 28K, 36 or 100 in their pocket ready to spend on a toy ? Seems like a nice dream, if you can get it.

There are far more opinions on pricing than there are ready, willing and able buyers willing to fork over their cash.

Buy, hey, all sellers think their car is worth more than it is and all buyers think is worth less. Go figure.

41 minutes ago, still looking said:

There are far more opinions on pricing than there are ready, willing and able buyers willing to fork over their cash.

Buy, hey, all sellers think their car is worth more than it is and all buyers think is worth less. Go figure.

Fair enough. I agree there just aren't a ton of people looking for Rivieras, that makes it all complicated. Hagerty Price Guide tracks sales and that's a good resource.

I'll give an example though of how ranging prices can be:

I bought my Riv two years ago for $16K from a private seller.

Two weeks before that, I had looked at one nearly identical (expect it was lowered with chrome Thrust wheels and had a thump-thump stereo that was old) for sale at a local classic car dealer. He wanted $29K. I offered $27 (ouch) and he said no. I'm thankful I passed since I found the one I bought right after for way less, but that dealer car sold within a few weeks, too. There was a butt for that seat!

Price is really variable, and even comes down to when, where and who is selling.

I don't knock anyone on eBay or BaT who has a reserve. And I don't knock anyone who wants to buy a $10K car either, good luck (bet you need to put $$ into it).

• 1 year later...

I bought an Unobtainium part on Ebay the other day. A NOS 1968 Buick Riviera fuel level in tank sending unit. Part number 6428180. It includes a perfect filter sock and rubber gasket. It also includes a 1977-dated dealer parts tag. 

This will be for a future project to replace the sending unit in the Aqua Zephyr and cleaning out the gas tank. 

20180913_103025.thumb.jpg.7fa5b6764d81fa12a4ee8924d035b74c.jpg

20180913_102930.thumb.jpg.c903f9f6527bf0f1ef33c27f0e09941a.jpg

20180913_104520.thumb.jpg.673a380d65a5168996ff229a6b96fe04.jpg

• Like 2