1952 Scrap Yard

drwatson

Well, the woodie is maybe the most sought after today, or the 1937 (or 1938 Standard) Ford Convertible behind it? The wide bolt-pattern is such giveaway. Two other Fords from roughly the same period as the previous. Packard sedan at the far left.

Edited by Casper Friederich (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Casper Friederich said:

Well, the woodie is maybe the most sought after today, or the 1937 (or 1938 Standard) Ford Convertible behind it? The wide bolt-pattern is such giveaway. Two other Fords from roughly the same period as the previous. Packard sedan at the far left.

Ford didn't make convertible standards but it could be a 38 DeLuxe

There's enough resolution to plus size photo for details.

The Ford Conv. appears to have a '36 front bumper. It looks like a project someone gave up on; possible NOS front fender? Dent pull marks on door? Mom said: "get that thing out of the yard, do you hear me?".

The nose of a '37 Plymouth is peeking out behind the Woodies tailgate, which is missing.

'39 Nash up on top............, Sorry 30Dodge, I had to share my suffering.

Edited by drwatson (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, nzcarnerd said:

I think the only one not yet commented on is the fastback sedan at lower right. Note two piece rear window, suicide rear doors and 'stripes' on the rear fender - '39 Dodge??

Mentioned in post #15.

1939 Dodge.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

5 hours ago, nzcarnerd said:

A bit later than '34. The first junior Packard was '35 and this one is a '36 because it has conventional front doors - the '35 had suicide doors.

I'm thinking later still because it appears to have an all steel roof. My guess is '39 because of the lack of a trim strip on the middle of the roof. Of cause the trim strip might have been dislodged, which would make it a '38.

21 minutes ago, Ozstatman said:

I'm thinking later still because it appears to have an all steel roof. My guess is '39 because of the lack of a trim strip on the middle of the roof. Of cause the trim strip might have been dislodged, which would make it a '38.

Yes it is later because it has a vee windshield.  Not an expert on these but the vertical trim strip below the head lamp also dates it.

9 hours ago, Dave Henderson said:

The rear shot of the car under the '41 Plymouth wagon may be a '39 Dodge.

re: '39 Dodge,  I had already commented on it.  Thanks John.
The Olds between the '38 Chevy and the Nash is a '37, model  F37, 6 cylinder.  The '38 had plain hood sides.

Edited by Dave Henderson (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

In 1956 I spent a few days at my grandparents.  My mom's brother lived up the hill from them and had a bunch of scrap cars sitting around.  I mostly remember Pontiacs from the 1940's.  It seemed like 75% of the cars were Pontiacs and all looked drivable.  I am sure they all got cut up for junk.  What a shame.   Wish I at least had some photos but I don't.