Rivieras and Riviera parts for sale on local Craigslist, eBay, etc.

RivNut

3 hours ago, PWB said:

Thats about 53 Buick Rivieras now on the ebay market alone.

Quite saturated?

There are a ton of Rivieras that have been showing up for a good part of the time that I've been looking seriously—since July 2019. I see cars show as "Newly Listed" that have been listed over ten times.

That said, in my particular [picky] [late model] buying interest, there's only been one Riviera worth bidding on in seven months. As of right now, I count 14 first-generation cars (27%), 12 second-generation cars (23%), and 11 third-generation cars (21%). At that point, things drop off a cliff until the sixth-generation cars (12/23%) and than collapse again with the seventh-generation (2/4%) and eighth-generation cars (1/2%).

Edited by J3Studio (see edit history)

Things aren't much different on Hemmings, but they do have more data points (99 as of today). I count 32 first-generation cars, 18 second-generation cars, 15 third-generation cars, 4 fourth-generation cars, 0 fifth-generation cars, 28 sixth-generation cars, 1 seventh-generation car, and 1 eighth-generation car.

So, the collector Riviera market seems obvious and split: 1963-1973 and 1979-1985. To a reasonable extent, this mirrors the sales successes of the Riviera—of the top 12 years for Riviera production, only 1995 is not included in those two time windows.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jframe said:

I really would like to have one of these for my somewhat faded version on my '65, but I just refuse to be bent over for that price.

Jframe, Yeah, I was thinking I’m glad I don’t need one. I knew they were hard to find but wow. FYI he does list some others that are just the emblem. Still pricey. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chimera said:

73 GS Stage 1 auction ending soon on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-Buick-Riviera-Gran-Sport/184166425230

Handsome, but no longer quite stock. Has attracted some interest: currently 24 bids up to $16,807, but reserve not yet met.

12 hours ago, J3Studio said:

Handsome, but no longer quite stock. Has attracted some interest: currently 24 bids up to $16,807, but reserve not yet met.

No sale at $18,100 and immediately relisted.

22 hours ago, J3Studio said:

No sale at $18,100 and immediately relisted.

Hmmm … quickly back up to $18,099:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-Buick-Riviera-Gran-Sport/184175324361

—is somebody trying to tell somebody else something?

On February 14, 2020 at 2:04 PM, jframe said:

I really would like to have one of these for my somewhat faded version on my '65, but I just refuse to be bent over for that price.

On February 14, 2020 at 2:25 PM, 71GS said:

Jframe, Yeah, I was thinking I’m glad I don’t need one. I knew they were hard to find but wow. FYI he does list some others that are just the emblem. Still pricey. 

On February 14, 2020 at 8:25 AM, Pat Curran said:

Arrogance comes with a price I guess.  

Wow!  I have been stewing about this for a couple of days now and need to get it off my chest . Sorry to hear that I am "bending people over and being arrogant " . Those are my parts that are being commented on. You might first  try finding them in NOS condition before making snide remarks which I personally find very offensive .  You might also notice that they contain "make an offer " which I will gladly entertain with particular attention ALWAYS  given to an ROA member if it is known to me  . It seems there are more and more critical remarks like these recently - something that does not add anything of significant or meaningful value to the usually very helpful discussions on this forum . If you don't like a price for a particular car or part , perhaps silence is a better, more gentlemanly approach or at least contact the seller to discuss if you have a serious interest in something . If you're just a "tire-kicker " with nothing more to do than criticize, then maybe a happier day job is in order.. Enough said . I feel better now and no hard feelings to anyone . 

KReed

ROA 14549

PS . If anyone is ACTUALLy interested in the above parts, PM me and I am happy to discuss

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, kreed said:

Wow!  I have been stewing about this for a couple of days now and need to get it off my chest . Sorry to hear that I am "bending people over and being arrogant " . Those are my parts that are being commented on. You might first  try finding them in NOS condition before making snide remarks which I personally find very offensive .  You might also notice that they contain "make an offer " which I will gladly entertain with particular attention ALWAYS  given to an ROA member if it is known to me  . It seems there are more and more critical remarks like these recently - something that does not add anything of significant or meaningful value to the usually very helpful discussions on this forum . If you don't like a price for a particular car or part , perhaps silence is a better, more gentlemanly approach or at least contact the seller to discuss if you have a serious interest in something . If you're just a "tire-kicker " with nothing more to do than criticize, then maybe a happier day job is in order.. Enough said . I feel better now and no hard feelings to anyone . 

KReed

ROA 14549

PS . If anyone is ACTUALLy interested in the above parts, PM me and I am happy to discuss

KReed, 

Very well said. apologies for my comment on this. My first thought regarding the price was, “well, go find another one..good luck”
I did point out you had some other options listed for sale but really shouldn’t have commented at all on the subject.  I enjoy this forum and certainly have benefited from the knowledge found here.

again, my apologies. 
Brian

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 71GS said:

KReed, 

Very well said. apologies for my comment on this. My first thought regarding the price was, “well, go find another one..good luck”
I did point out you had some other options listed for sale but really shouldn’t have commented at all on the subject.  I enjoy this forum and certainly have benefited from the knowledge found here.

again, my apologies. 
Brian

Absolutely no problem - agree it's a wonderful forum  . Thanks 

KReed

ROA 14549

Interesting 2nd Gen parts for sale on Ebay (not mine)

Grill 1968 Buick Riviera Plastic Grille and Headlight Covers

Buy it Now: Price: US $799.00

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Grill-1968-Buick-Riviera-Plastic-Grille-and-Headlight-Covers-1969/184176319871?hash=item2ae1c39d7f:g:oDIAAOSwYZJeTDUw:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!28306!US!-1

Cracked egg crate but still not a bad set for someone in need of one. What's nice are the headlight grille inserts. They don't appear to have any broken ribs, which is rare.

GM Factory Underhood Lamp Accessory Retractable Extending 17ft Cord John W Hobbs

Current bid:  US $20.50 + $12.50 shipping
There was a previous thread about these accessory underhood lights. This one appears to be in excellent shape and the price is right (right now that is!)

1964-1966 Buick Rivera 2 Spoke Woodgrain Steering Wheel OEM GM TRUE SURVIVOR WOW
Current bid: US $255.00 11 bids ]
+$19.85 shipping

Firewall Sound Deadener Insulation Pad for 1968-1970 Buick Riviera
Buy it Now: Discounted price US $268.19
I assume you have to completely strip everything off the interior firewall to install this. Too bad because my old felt firewall insulation is almost completely deteriorated and fallen away. :-(
Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)

10 hours ago, kreed said:

KReed

ROA 14549

My apologies as well for my remark. Really no sense in trying to criticize or price someone else's stuff. I probably should be the LAST one to bitch; I paid $225.00 for a driver quality horn cap for my wood wheel. What does seem to happen on "make an offer" deals quite often is that someone DOES make an offer, then gets lambasted for being a "low-baller". I agree it is a beautiful part, and deserves to go to a really nice car. Mine is faded some, and it looks a bit out of place on the relatively new paint job the car has, so I have been glancing around for an alternative. Again, my apologies, and good luck with your sale.

11 hours ago, kreed said:

KReed

ROA 14549

Sorry about the remark Ken!  

On February 14, 2020 at 2:04 PM, jframe said:

On February 14, 2020 at 2:25 PM, 71GS said:

I really appreciate  everyone's  kind responses  --all good here . Now let's have some warm weather and have some fun !

KReed

ROA 14549 

• Like 3

On 1/25/2020 at 3:59 PM, Shane1 said:

On 2/6/2020 at 9:11 AM, J3Studio said:

The price has dropped $2,000—now $15,000. Some undercarriage pictures have been added, indicating that Shane (the seller) read our posts.

On 2/10/2020 at 3:13 PM, J3Studio said:

Now $13,000.

I know it has been a few days, but it looks like they finally found a price someone could live with on this one …

From $17,000 to $15,000 to $13,000, and it finally sold!

718612826_1999SA-SOLD.thumb.jpg.2d9d3e228786d9b31dfee87b46d23cae.jpg

Not that I am looking to sell, but for that price mine will stay in the garage.

008.thumb.JPG.5870492933ef70434ef403a5c6e40a6e.JPG

Edited by Rivman (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Check out this 67 GS for sale in Dubai UAE; yes its not stock, however check out the original California Dual Snorkel air cleaner with side port breather!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Buick-Riviera/153839599192?hash=item23d18dfe58:g:fKAAAOSwoqFeTsXI

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 4.46.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 4.58.01 PM.png

• Like 1

66 GS

https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/d/san-antonio-1966-buick-riviera-gs-gran/7079272762.html

1966 BUICK RIVIERA GS GRAN SPORT DUAL CARBS - $30000 (bandera rd & eckhert rd)

image 3 of 8
00q0q_iBxLGwddX1p_600x450.jpg
00y0y_dmPDZMS09Ar_600x450.jpg
00S0S_j44JjwcZG29_600x450.jpg
00N0N_UY6Sk2Ckpl_600x450.jpg
00s0s_iNCpcB85pyB_600x450.jpg
01111_3ecQGsrgE1H_600x450.jpg
00n0n_lCHvUF2YIvG_600x450.jpg

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

1966 buick riviera gs

condition: excellent
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 50000
paint color: white
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: coupe

i'm selling a stunning 1966 buick riviera gs. she's a beauty, but not perfect. this matching numbers riv starts right up, runs strong, shifts smoothly, and has a nice rumble through the dual exhaust. the gs comes with the original documents including the hard-to-find build sheet, protect-o-plate, order form, invoice, owner's manual, and more. here is a list of some of the options equipped on the gs:
A9 - riviera high performance package, gran sport
b4 - operating console with shifter
d2 - am radio with electric antenna
i5 - air conditioning - auto climate control
k2 - cornering lights
l1 - soft-ray glass
m7 - rear window defroster
n2 - 4-note horn
o5 - remote control side mirror
p1 - carpet savers and handy mats (rough condition)
q5 - 4-way tilt, adjustable steering wheel
r1 - power windows
s6 - electro cruise control (not working)
t2 - vacuum operated door locks
v2 - factory chrome plated wheels (light rust)
1b - reclining passenger seat w/ headrests
custom trim bucket seats
factory installed dashboard compass
this mw code car is equipped with the v8, 425 nailhead with dual rochester quadrajet carburetors and offenhauser intake. this has the super turbine 400, 3-speed automatic transmission (bs code). this was repainted in 2017, has a 2019 battery, and the tires are in excellent condition. the odometer reads right at 50,000 miles, but we're not sure if this is correct. as stated earlier, she's in excellent condition, but not perfect. here is a list of items that may or may not need attention (doesn't affect the drivability);
cracked steering collar, some fading to small areas on the carpet, light rust on a couple of the chrome wheels, light, superficial surface rust to engine bay, interior door closure handle on driver side is lifting, crazing to the woodgrain trim, cruise control not working (might be the vacuum line), air conditioner needs a shot of freon. we recently purchased this from the 2nd owner. the first owner (person that special-ordered the car) was an engineer that was on the building committee for the towers of america in san antonio.
call or text 210.788.055nine

On 2/19/2020 at 8:59 PM, Rivman said:

Not that I am looking to sell, but for that price mine will stay in the garage.

008.thumb.JPG.5870492933ef70434ef403a5c6e40a6e.JPG

There are few eight-generation cars that I consider as sorted and understood as yours—I think what we generally see up for sale has a little less certainty.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cjp69 said:

66 GS

https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/d/san-antonio-1966-buick-riviera-gs-gran/7079272762.html

1966 BUICK RIVIERA GS GRAN SPORT DUAL CARBS - $30000 (bandera rd & eckhert rd)

image 3 of 8
00q0q_iBxLGwddX1p_600x450.jpg
00y0y_dmPDZMS09Ar_600x450.jpg
00S0S_j44JjwcZG29_600x450.jpg
00N0N_UY6Sk2Ckpl_600x450.jpg
00s0s_iNCpcB85pyB_600x450.jpg
01111_3ecQGsrgE1H_600x450.jpg
00n0n_lCHvUF2YIvG_600x450.jpg

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

1966 buick riviera gs

condition: excellent
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 50000
paint color: white
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: coupe

i'm selling a stunning 1966 buick riviera gs. she's a beauty, but not perfect. this matching numbers riv starts right up, runs strong, shifts smoothly, and has a nice rumble through the dual exhaust. the gs comes with the original documents including the hard-to-find build sheet, protect-o-plate, order form, invoice, owner's manual, and more. here is a list of some of the options equipped on the gs:
A9 - riviera high performance package, gran sport
b4 - operating console with shifter
d2 - am radio with electric antenna
i5 - air conditioning - auto climate control
k2 - cornering lights
l1 - soft-ray glass
m7 - rear window defroster
n2 - 4-note horn
o5 - remote control side mirror
p1 - carpet savers and handy mats (rough condition)
q5 - 4-way tilt, adjustable steering wheel
r1 - power windows
s6 - electro cruise control (not working)
t2 - vacuum operated door locks
v2 - factory chrome plated wheels (light rust)
1b - reclining passenger seat w/ headrests
custom trim bucket seats
factory installed dashboard compass
this mw code car is equipped with the v8, 425 nailhead with dual rochester quadrajet carburetors and offenhauser intake. this has the super turbine 400, 3-speed automatic transmission (bs code). this was repainted in 2017, has a 2019 battery, and the tires are in excellent condition. the odometer reads right at 50,000 miles, but we're not sure if this is correct. as stated earlier, she's in excellent condition, but not perfect. here is a list of items that may or may not need attention (doesn't affect the drivability);
cracked steering collar, some fading to small areas on the carpet, light rust on a couple of the chrome wheels, light, superficial surface rust to engine bay, interior door closure handle on driver side is lifting, crazing to the woodgrain trim, cruise control not working (might be the vacuum line), air conditioner needs a shot of freon. we recently purchased this from the 2nd owner. the first owner (person that special-ordered the car) was an engineer that was on the building committee for the towers of america in san antonio. text 210.788.055nine

Wish that there had been pictures of the engine posted.  I've never seen the dual Rochester Quadrajet intake in person but they do exist.  I'm curious as to whether this is in fact as stated or whether a couple of Rochester 4GCs have not been identified incorrectly.  Lots of carburetion if in fact it is stated correctly.

images.jpeg.8c9772614aae10a481f99e9079a25606.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RivNut said:

Wish that there had been pictures of the engine posted.  I've never seen the dual Rochester Quadrajet intake in person but they do exist.  I'm curious as to whether this is in fact as stated or whether a couple of Rochester 4GCs have not been identified incorrectly.  Lots of carburetion if in fact it is stated correctly.

Gonna need a hood scoop.

And we gotta be impressed by the “excellent” yet bent front and rear bumpers.

I do hope they get 30G however.

All boats rise with the tide.

25 minutes ago, Pat Curran said:

The factory dual quad engine in 1966 should have a “MZ” code.  Not many were made and they were offered for a limited time (mid production).  The rest had a single carb but dealers could convert to dual quads if desired.  Those do not have the MZ code.

I know the factory MZ numbers are known. Does anybody have any feel for how common the dealer conversion to dual quads was?

179 MZ codes.  Dealer conversions would be really difficult to get a handle on.  Was the conversion done before or after delivery or perhaps sometime down the road or by a 2nd or 3rd owner.  Or perhaps it's an owner conversion done with accumulated parts.

One thing I'd like to know.  Did the "conversion" also include the A8 distributor?  Didn't the OE A8 engine also include a different diameter pulley for the A/C compressor because of the 3.42 rear gear?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RivNut said:

179 MZ codes.  Dealer conversions would be really difficult to get a handle on.  Was the conversion done before or after delivery or perhaps sometime down the road or by a 2nd or 3rd owner.  Or perhaps it's an owner conversion done with accumulated parts.

One thing I'd like to know.  Did the "conversion" also include the A8 distributor?  Didn't the OE A8 engine also include a different diameter pulley for the A/C compressor because of the 3.42 rear gear?

Ed is correct.  Unless someone had the original receipts for a dealer conversion it would be hard to come up with a number.  You could also buy the parts over the counter and do the conversion yourself.  Many Buick dealers from back in the day have closed or have been bought so records are scarce.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2020 at 8:13 PM, J3Studio said:

Hmmm … quickly back up to $18,099:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-Buick-Riviera-Gran-Sport/184175324361

—is somebody trying to tell somebody else something?

Up to $20,000, but still hasn't met reserve. A little over two days to go.

4 hours ago, Pat Curran said:

Ed is correct.  Unless someone had the original receipts for a dealer conversion it would be hard to come up with a number.  You could also buy the parts over the counter and do the conversion yourself.  Many Buick dealers from back in the day have closed or have been bought so records are scarce.

I understand that getting real numbers on the dealer conversions to a dual quad is impossible. What I'm really asking is how common folks think that was back in the day—did tons of Riviera owners do this or was it fairly unusual?

32 minutes ago, J3Studio said:

I understand that getting real numbers on the dealer conversions to a dual quad is impossible. What I'm really asking is how common folks think that was back in the day—did tons of Riviera owners do this or was it fairly unusual?

I would guess that it was very uncommon, similar to Yenko Chevy conversions. Gas prices in the mid to high 20s and 70 mph speed limits not withstanding, the factory configuration performed well enough for most applications. My 69 was converted to Stage 1 specs by the local dealer and original owner (my crazy uncle) for pulling boats from Florida to Canada and participating in the Cannonball  Run. I’ve never heard of any similar conversions. And many of us know what happened to gas prices and speed limits in the 70s.

• Thanks 1

I've told this story before but I'll tell it again for the "newbies" out there. 

A friend of mine in Denver had two identical 66 Gran Sports at the same time. But one was equipped with the single Quadrajet four barrel and the other was equipped with the dealer installed dual four barrels.  Chris would take both cars to the local drag race track.  Both cars ran consistently within their own times / mph.  The single four barrel car would consistently finish with a quicker elapsed time but the dual four barrel car, although not as quick, would be traveling faster at the end of the track.  

So if you were an in town stop light to stop light guy, or spent some time at the track, you would want a single four barrel car.  If you wanted to compete in the Cannon Ball Baker sea to shining sea race, you'd probably want the dual four barrel car.  

In my own mind, the dual four barrel cars are a great conversation piece but don't provide the improved performance that would show up in day to day driving. 

I would like to see the same contest between two 65s; one with the dual four barrel carbs and the other with the single Carter AFB.  The Rochester Quadrajet is rated at 750 cfm whereas the Carter AFB is rated at 625 cfm.  The 1250 cfm didn't help in the 66s, what about the 65s?

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RivNut said:

I've told this story before but I'll tell it again for the "newbies" out there. 

A friend of mine in Denver had two identical 66 Gran Sports at the same time. But one was equipped with the single Quadrajet four barrel and the other was equipped with the dealer installed dual four barrels.  Chris would take both cars to the local drag race track.  Both cars ran consistently within their own times / mph.  The single four barrel car would consistently finish with a quicker elapsed time but the dual four barrel car, although not as quick, would be traveling faster at the end of the track.  

So if you were an in town stop light to stop light guy, or spent some time at the track, you would want a single four barrel car.  If you wanted to compete in the Cannon Ball Baker sea to shining sea race, you'd probably want the dual four barrel car.  

In my own mind, the dual four barrel cars are a great conversation piece but don't provide the improved performance that would show up in day to day driving. 

I would like to see the same contest between two 65s; one with the dual four barrel carbs and the other with the single Carter AFB.  The Rochester Quadrajet is rated at 750 cfm whereas the Carter AFB is rated at 625 cfm.  The 1250 cfm didn't help in the 66s, what about the 65s?

I, of course have attempted to investigate the dual quad phenomena with the 66 as an owner of a dual quad 66 GS without any engine code stamping. 

Don't forget that the MZ engines also had a hotter cam. Im curious if the dealerships ever installed this component of the package, or the differentiated distributor setup? How would a dual quad 66 MZ run against a non-factory dual quad is another question. 

• Like 1