You're going to love this!

AJFord54

39 minutes ago, michel88 said:

I enjoyed it very much!  How was it done? 

The same way Forrest Gump was inserted into film with Richard Nixon.  It's all CGI.  Cool to look at, but all fake.  The "smoke" trailing behind the vehicles looks especially fake.

It's called camera projection.  You basically build the shapes of the road and buildings in a 3D computer program and then "project" the images of the buildings onto the shapes.  This creates a three dimensional world you can move around in. It's a labor intensive process with a lot of Photoshop work involved.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AJFord54 said:

Do you EVER have anything positive to say?  God!!!

Do you ever read a complete post?  I said "cool to look at".  People asked how they were made.  The answer is that they are completely fabricated using computer technology.  These are not films from the period, any more than clones are real musclecars.  Unfortunately, with CGI (as with clones, tributes, etc), people have lost the ability to tell reality from fabrication and video can no longer be believed to be the truth.  One can certainly enjoy such a piece of artwork or a movie, just be aware that it has little relation to reality.

• Like 1

It's as close to early 20th century reality as I can get or have seen, other than two dimensional pictures, so yes, I realize it's fake, but also yes, it brings us back to a different time, if even for a moment. 

Most of what you see on video screens in our day to day viewing is also fake, and I agree, Joe, people are beginning to lose the ability to distinguish between a pixel and reality.  Just look at all the zombies walking around, arm crooked with a phone to their face, missing the reality of what is around them....I am so glad that cell phones weren't around when I was young, the things I would have missed....

• Like 2