1953 Buick Wildcat I at Springfield, 2015 Nationals

MrEarl

Just spoke with Joe and he and the Wildcat are scheduled to roll into Springfield on Thursday. Thought I would dedicate a special thread for pictures and comments of it here. Here is a previous thread about this very historically significant and influential car here.   http://forums.aaca.org/topic/204681-the-1953-buick-wildcat-motorama-show-car-its-influnence-on-1954-1955-buicks/page-4

What a fabulous opportunity for everyone to see it at a Buick National. While I have never seen the car in person, I have met Joe and he is always ready to tell stories about finding the car and the restoration. Be SURE to plan some time with Joe and the car.

For come reason I rank it dead even with the Landau as my favorite Buick Concept car...?

53-Buick-Wildcat-I_DV-08-PBC_0002%201_zp

53-Buick-Wildcat-I_DV-08-PBC_02_zps2rhmm

53-Buick-Wildcat-I_DV-08-PBC_0004_zpscxt

• Like 1

It's here!  Rolled it out of the transporter and got it started.  The throttle linkage was stuck in the wide open position, so it took a few minutes to get it un-jammed...after that, it started and ran great.  I have photos on my phone, but haven't emailed them to myself yet.  The car looks great!

• Like 2

And lets just say I got "bit" by the Wildcat after she wouldn't turn off with the key and I had to pull the coil wire to turn her off...shocking!

Jealous Lamar??

Jealous? just a little bit. Crying-baby-300x300_zpsob14whrv.jpg

Wow, Brian, sounds like Buickman DePouli saved the day. Quick thinking !!! Uhmmmm could there be another Super Buickman award in the future. Good job of even finding the coil wire behind that crossbred breather.  

Sure hope someone gets a closeup of that breather on that chromed out 322. And what type carburetor is it?

Keep them pictures coming. How bout some artsy ones. And maybe a "girl on a Wildcat" one or two.  

And lets just say I got "bit" by the Wildcat after she wouldn't turn off with the key and I had to pull the coil wire to turn her off...shocking!

Jealous Lamar??

It really bit Brian he had a rubber handle pair of plyers and boy  Brian can sure jump. Sign him ,up, NBA will be on the hunt.

What a beauty, one of a kind car for sure

• Like 2

Ok two more photos.

Me and Joe

post-96156-0-86549100-1434234843_thumb.j

And behind the wheel...WOW!!!

post-96156-0-80549500-1434234928_thumb.j

I'd like to thank Joe for bringing the car to the meet and for Passport Transport for donating the the transportation so that the car could be enjoyed by the membership. Joe picked a favorite Buick at the meet, we will find out tonight which one he chose.

• Like 1

Keep them pictures coming. How bout some artsy ones. And maybe a "girl on a Wildcat" one or two. 

'For you Lamar, it not girls on Wildcat but Girls in front of Wildcat. These are the Roller Derby Ladies who handed out water at the meet. Made quite the sight out in the parking lot. Sure beat the Boy Scouts with a Wagon.

post-76120-0-89786600-1434577309_thumb.j

• Like 3

'For you Lamar, it not girls on Wildcat but Girls in front of Wildcat. These are the Roller Derby Ladies who handed out water at the meet. Made quite the sight out in the parking lot. Sure beat the Boy Scouts with a Wagon.

I hope this photo makes the Bugle!

The girls were enthusiastic and seemed genuinely happy to be out there.

• Like 1

I didn't realize the 53 Buick had the same type vents on the side the 1954 Corvair. That is an great looking car.

The girls told me that they had the time of their lives and that the Buick Guys were the most friendly that  they had met in a long time......I didn't know what to say about that. Everybody had a good time and Bill Stoneberg drove the golf cart part of the time and had a smile all the time...........That's my story and im stickin to it

Lamar you should have been there........

• Like 2