Joined AACA today

Pomeroy41144

Thank you very much! We appreciate the support and it helps me keep my job! :) Seriously, we need the support of everyone despite the fact we do a ton for the hobby for free. Hopefully more people will follow your lead. Please remember that you now have free admittance to the AACA Museum and you have limited free research by our library staff. Consider joining a local region if there is one nearby.

Guest AlCapone

I got my membership last year as a Christmas gift. A great gift suggestion for others that don't know what to buy for friends, associates and relatives. They will thank you all year long !

Welcome aboard and take advantage of the tremendous expertise available at your finger tips !

wayne

I was thinking about joining a few months ago but I was under the impression that the membership goes from Jan-Dec and is not pro-rated. If I join now they would charge $35 and then I would owe $35 again next month which would cover the whole year. Am I wrong?

If you pay for membership in October, November, or December, you are paid through the following year.

Your membership also includes your spouse, and lifetime membership extends to the spouse as well. My wife could still be judging and driving AACA Tours long after I'm beyond restoration.

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

I don't think having a non original car prevents you from joining. Heck I bet many of the members do not even own a antique car, they just enjoy the hobby. You might be eligible to compete for awards but in reality probably 1% of the members own a car that is capable of winning a major award. The rest likely own cars like mine, just nice drivers that the enjoy driving and bringing back to life.

• 4 weeks later...

Magazine should be in your mail box around the middle of the month, every other month (starting with January). Your individual mail carrier determines exactly when he decides to take 2nd class mail to their owners. If yours arrives much later than the middle of the month, talk to your local post office and let them know that your 2nd class mail is taking way to long to arrive. Each issue is printed with the day in which it left the post office in St. Joe, Michigan, so you can monitor how long it takes.

Welcome to AACA. The more you get involved the more you will come across some of the most helpful, informed and helpful people in the old car universe.

• 2 weeks later...