Boy, are we lucky????

R W Burgess

........Here on the east coast, at any rate!California Gas Prices Force Some Station Owners to Shut Pumps - Yahoo!

The best comments at the bottom of web page?

"There was a sign at the station near by my house that said, 'We take Visa, Mastercard, Discover Card, and American Express.' After I filled up they took my Visa, Master Card, my Discover Card, and my American Express." :)

Bad Wayne! I guess I should have added that it really is a serious situation for those folks over there on a fixed income.:(

Strange that it's spiking like this, this close to an election.

Friends who are in Carlisle this week said prices are crazy up there- as much as 50 cents/ gallon difference within 30 miles and over $4/ gallon in Gettysburg area.

It's dropped back below $3.50 here for a while.

I haven't seen anything on it myself but I've heard reports of another West Coast refinery fire? Any excuse for the gamblers, I mean futures traders...

What's sad is that when someone finally snaps, goes on that trading floor and opens fire, the speculators are going to have the nerve to be surprised.

It was $3.89 here a week or so ago but slowly creeped down 2 or 3 cents per day. Thursday it was 3.52. Fri. morning it was 3.49 but jumped up to 3.79 by afternoon. Today it is 3.84. I believe $5.00 is what the Central Planners called for.

Todays price here in sweden is $8.7 for one gallon...

To quote one of our fearless leaders: That's about ( $8.70 ) the amount we should be paying in America.

California's cap and trade goes into effect in about three months. The price of utilities is supposed to triple and that will trickle down to all goods and services. I hope all you guys and gals know who wants to do that nationally. As former Secretary of State Burns said to the Japanese government before dropping the first atomic bomb, "There is still time, but little time left". Time to wake up folks.

Least you may have forgotten, gas during Hershey 2008 was $ 1.87 a gallon.

The executive office of the federal government wanted everyone to drive fuel efficient cars.

Remember the 'Cash for Clunkers' program to trade in our gas hog clunkers for better gas millage vehicles.

Were you aware that our leader's car was sold shortly after the Nov election.

It was a Chrysler 300 C, this is the model with the 5.7 V8 used in the Dodge pickups for towing.

Strange that it's spiking like this, this close to an election....
.... Unfortunately there are certain political leaders who've stated a goal of rising gas prices. I guess we get what we vote for...
...is what the Central Planners called for.

I think this proves the politicians don't control the price: If they did they'd make sure the price was going down in the weeks leading up to an election.

Good old free market supply and demand going on here. Problem is supply went down due to refinery problems.

I think this proves the politicians don't control the price: If they did they'd make sure the price was going down in the weeks leading up to an election.

Good old free market supply and demand going on here. Problem is supply went down due to refinery problems.

No, it only proves that you don't know how to bring the price down.

And this is on topic how? Just askin before it "goes down hill fast".....................Bob

Bob,

Having read all of this so far I am compelled to apologize to you for past issues we had when I was under conflicting marching orders on this site with those in effect today.

I do see one benefit to those coming to Hershey on tight budgets to make them aware of gas prices in this neck of PA. Especially those towing which drastically drains tow vehicle mileage.

"Sincerely"...

Peter J.

Keep on with the "substantive discussion" guys! Don't worry, it only sounds like the same old stuff. You're not really becoming a stereotype :D:rolleyes::D

Least you may have forgotten, gas during Hershey 2008 was $ 1.87 a gallon.

The executive office of the federal government wanted everyone to drive fuel efficient cars.

"Still, some Americans keep complaining about gasoline prices under the Obama administration. But do you recall we had the highest prices at the pump — ever — during the summer of 2008 when Bush the younger was still president?" --Be Informed on Gas Prices - The Missourian: Letters To The Editor

post-30638-143139204956_thumb.png

Ok, it was my fault. It's just that I felt sorry for my friends on the west coast. They already have an option of making quarterly payments on their property taxes, something unheard of here in Virginia.

Cutting to the chase... sorry I brought this up!

Wayne