Where to drink in Charlotte

Bill Stoneberg

LOL... Old time Moonshiners say making it is the hard part. The drinking it part is easy. Directions. Get a bottle. Pull the cork. Take a swig. Repeat as necessary. Come thirsty my friends. :D Dandy Dave!

OK just watched this episode myself. Cool show.

The wife now wants to go to Crave and I want to hit Prohibition. Guess it's time for a babysitter and barhopping.

Uptown Charlotte (downtown) is about 20-25 from the host hotel. The Double Door is over by the lake (Lake Norman) and it's about the same distance away. A little closer to the host hotel the bar scene by the University is decent too.

I believe the BDE after tour is headed to some good moon-shining country up in the mountains a bit.

I think we need a tour to all these places..... That way none of us need to worry about finding a DD.

We could get a party bus!!

Charlotte Party Bus Charters

Or sign up for the Levine Museum Tour and ditch the museum and walk over to the bars...just don't miss the ride back.

I better tell our activities chair people if they can't find anyone to check the bars.

You guys are way ahead of me...... I was thinking shuttle. That way we could sample and have no need to drive.

Charlotte area looks so interesting that we may get there several days early to check out the area. I sure want to take the golf clubs but traveling in a Reatta is not like having an Electra trunk. I am sure we will work out something.

Only 21 weeks remaining.

no designated driver or designated decoy take your pick

Chuck

LOL... :P Oh No. Don't hire me! I might just take a swig or two meself. I sur nuf hope that there corn liquer is the lovin kind,... cuz I aint much fer fightin. :D Dandy Dave!

I sure want to take the golf clubs.

The hotel is also a "golf resort". The Rocky River golf course is part of the hotel. I've played it several times. It is rather challenging. You may be able to rent clubs.

There is a spa at the hotel too!

Edited by 38Buick 80C (see edit history)

Not being familiar with all Southern Lingo.

I am assuming a "Hooka" is some type a High Test Adult Beverage/ High Ball?

I am hoping they have a very fine vintage of "Milwaukee's Best Light".

Lamar, I recently traveled a "SPAM BOULEVARD", as soon as I can get a pic I'll post it over on the "SPAM THREAD" and bring it back to life.

Edited by RICK YOUNG (see edit history)

I am hoping they have a very fine vintage of "Milwaukee's Best Light".

Lamar, I recently traveled a "SPAM BOULEVARD", as soon as I can get a pic I'll post it over on the "SPAM THREAD" and bring it back to life.

Perhaps that's some South Carolina colloquialism. I don't know that either

A Hooka is a smoking device. I am not a smoker so I'm sure I'll screw this up but as I understand it has water in it that cools the smoke. I believe you'll recall seeing one in Indiana Jones, Raiders of the Lost Ark, When Beloch (sp?) meets with Indy after Marion is believed killed in the truck explosion. My best friend from home brought one back from his tour of duty in Iraq.

I'm sure you can Google it to find out more.

I thought StealthBob had offered his corner room. :D

There's two kinds of shine. The lovin kind and the fightin kind. Problem is there's never a lable on the jar. PM me for your order now. :D

Sorry MrEarl...I just checked the Hotel policy, not only is my corner room a non-smoking room (so no Hooka's aka smoking bongs) but no Stills either? I would have thought there would be Still friendly Hotels in Charlotte?

Count me in for a quart or two for my order....I sure do hope I get the right type:

This.... aggressive.gif

or

This....friends.gif

I'm always good with this though...drinks.gif...I will be sure to have some Canadian samples for you guys.

I am sure that the smoke in the deep south is from tobacco not what they were smoking at a Steppenwolf Concert in 69. Is a hooka the same as a bong...

Chuck Kerls

Calling a Hooka a bong is tantamount to calling our cars some old fixed up junker....but yes in the end they do the same thing but typically with a different ingredient.

Bong:

6a011278de342f28a40120a90a40d3970b-320wi

Hooka:

shisha_pipe_hookah_pipe.jpg

I have to say that I think I will enjoy meeting you all...we have so much in common!

I will be traveling with my Dad who is always asking about what you..the forum guys are up to, we are planning this trip with some stops on the way including Buick Gardens. I'm sure some other night life stops will be in order!

......any Back Bacon at the forum Breakfast? Nothin goes better than chasing a great night with the fellas with some good old slabs of Bacon rubbed with peameal.

Canadian-Peameal-Bacon.jpg

Guest wildcat465
Where's Paul S. with some crazy picture to get us back on task with the drinking.

Sorry been busy fixing my Rivvie's seat today.

Here you go!!

hehehe that was a good one....

In the spirit of our "Team" atmosphere and where we are help each other out when ever we can I feel that this Motivational Poster is in order for the events of searching out for a place to drink in Charlotte.

Remember folks its all about Team Buick!

teamwork-there-is-no-i-in-drunk-mock-motivational-poster-print.jpg

Good Lord guys.. This could get out of hand quickly..

And people say it's the younger generation that's getting out of hand? ;)

I've still got two free martinis per night at the hotel that I can't have.. Any takers? :D

Ok, I've got it planned out. I'll drive the '94 Roadmaster wagon, and just pile everyone in the back. I'll hook a 20' enclosed car trailer behind it with some chairs to make the ones that won't fit in the wagon comfortable..

Only one catch. No smoking in my wagon. :D

Guest wildcat465

Marck, I have a low CG chair that I will bring for the trailer ride. Problem with riding trailers after drinking is all the bouncing 'cuz they ain't got no shocks!

Will need to bring a bucket as well and post a sign inside.