2010 All I want for Christmas is....

Shop Rat

.... list.

As for me I would like for Woodstock to stop hiding under his jammies and decide that life on the road is better than sitting in the driveway. We bought him a new wiring harness and had it professionally installed this summer. He still isn't happy. Now winter is nearly here, there is supposed to be snow starting tomorrow, so time to get him running right is running out. :(

On the up side I did get something I have wanted for years. A combination sunporch/screen room. We ordered it and Bill, with help from me, installed it in August.

Bill already enjoys it because many times he had to come inside rather than work on parts for the old cars because the Asian Tiger mosquitoes were out in force during the day, which is when they feed. Then when it got cooler the regular mosquitoes came to finish him off. :eek: Now he can work on projects for the three old cars we have and not get bitten by those awful bugs. :D

post-36313-143138366507_thumb.jpg

Guest Jim_Edwards

Susan if you can get Bill to eat a clove of garlic daily and take up smoking cheap cigars the mosquitoes won't want anything to do with him.........downside is you probably won't either:D

Jim

Guest Dr. Strangelove

Sale by Tender - HMS Invincible

HMS Invincible is for sale by tender. Laid down in 1973 at Vickers Shipbuilding, Barrow-in-Furness, she was completed in 1980. She is currently stable for tow, subject to buyer confirmation.

Displacement - Current 17000 Tonnes

Estimated metal weight - 10000 Tonnes

Estimated metal % - 95% mild steel

Length - OA 210m, W/L 193m

Draught - Fwd 5.2m, Mid 5.8m, Aft 5.8m

Beam - Extreme 35m, Ex-walkways 32m, W/L 27.53m

Height - 46m (estimated at current draught

Engines - Removed

Generators and Pumps - Generally unserviceable or not working

For fuller information, please see the General Particulars.

post-53323-143138367069_thumb.jpg

.... list.

On the up side I did get something I have wanted for years. A combination sunporch/screen room. We ordered it and Bill, with help from me, installed it in August.

Bill already enjoys it because many times he had to come inside rather than work on parts for the old cars because the Asian Tiger mosquitoes were out in force during the day, which is when they feed. Then when it got cooler the regular mosquitoes came to finish him off. :eek: Now he can work on projects for the three old cars we have and not get bitten by those awful bugs. :D

Susan, is that a screened top or glass ceiling? Would be nice enclosed for the winter!

Christmas Wish List,

The 1911 Stoddard Dayton roadster Featured in Antique Automobile in 1975 that was owned by the Scrips Booth family.

1975 ANTIQUE AUTOMOBILE MAGAZINE 1911 STODDARD-DAYTON - eBay (item 120600724476 end time Dec-22-10 19:14:14 PST)

I've been drooling over this car for 40 years. Dandy Dave!

I want a pair of restorable external horns for my '32 Packard 900. The horn are the size and approximate shape of '34 Ford horns but the bells are shaped like the 900 grill. In 42 years at Hershey and countless other flea markets and shows I have only managed to find one, which is virtually unrestorable. I have seen several restored cars sporting these horns but never any for sale. I figure if I ever sell the car I will find the horns the week after.

World Peace, and then maybe...West's Job!!

"Now look here, Peterson, you are just going to have to find time to fit in that '63 Corvette split window shoot in between the Stutz Bearcat feature and the interview with Randy Emma. Yes, you should plant to attend the meet in Puerto Rico also..."

Yes I know there is a lot of good old fashioned work involved, and I do believe in the old saying "be careful what you wish for" not sure I would do half as well with twice the staff...

Back to reality - hoping a copy of Kime's "The Classic Era" or the recetnly reprinted version of "Rolling Sculpture" finds its way under the tree this year...

Susan, is that a screened top or glass ceiling? Would be nice enclosed for the winter!

It is a solar shield type ceiling, ribbed double wall construction. Each panel has vents. We have seen photos of them with about 8 inches of snow (in Va.) on them and no problems. :)