55 Century 66R Project

Mudbone

• 1 month later...

The clear diffuser and the red  lens were originally spot glued together, so that is the source of the red on the clear lens.  Chuck the screws in a drill and apply the spinning screw heads into a buffing wheel...this will match your other over-restoration efforts.:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Mud - how well does the vac valve for the washer pump seal up on your wiper switch assembly - anything special you did to it?  I “cleaned up” the seal on mine - is there supposed to be vac at the washer pump all the time and pushing the button breaks the seal, or is it the other way around (vac at washer pump only when button pushed).

Edited by KAD36 (see edit history)

27 minutes ago, old-tank said:

Yes.  (although you did not ask me:P)

Wonderful, mine seems to work backwards. 🤪. Fortunately the newer pump kit keeps it sealed, I think…

• Haha 1

Yes sir.

Seals for vac piston, water piston, check valve and springs. 
http://www.fusickautomotiveproducts.com/prodinfo.asp?number=WPRK507

They also have the large spring that vac acts against and forces water out, plus new lids.  I silicone spray the rubber seals yearly FWIW. 

I got mine at McVeys Cadillac site a few years ago. 55 Chevy sites carry them also.  McVeys used to have some stuff that “swapped” to Buick. Fusick seems to have best price currently.

My switch used to hiss all the time leaking vacuum. Fixed that but apparently fixed it backwards.   I don’t keep water in the pump jar to prevent the innards from rusting especially that big spring.  Maybe you can take audience video request on rebuilding the washer switch so it seals well and works right….hint hint….🤓

Returning to build thread - didn’t mean to hijack.

Edited by KAD36 (see edit history)

40 minutes ago, KAD36 said:

Yes sir.

Seals for vac piston, water piston, check valve and springs. 
http://www.fusickautomotiveproducts.com/prodinfo.asp?number=WPRK507

They also have the large spring that vac acts against and forces water out, plus new lids.  I silicone spray the rubber seals yearly FWIW. 

I got mine at McVeys Cadillac site a few years ago. 55 Chevy sites carry them also.  McVeys used to have some stuff that “swapped” to Buick. Fusick seems to have best price currently.

My switch used to hiss all the time leaking vacuum. Fixed that but apparently fixed it backwards.   I don’t keep water in the pump jar to prevent the innards from rusting especially that big spring.  Maybe you can take audience video request on rebuilding the washer switch so it seals well and works right….hint hint….🤓

Returning to build thread - didn’t mean to hijack.

Sorry, I thought this was a kit for the dash button and valve.

• 2 weeks later...

Heater duct work looks great Mud, But did you lay in the vacuum hoses for the wipers before putting the inside hvac manifold in place?  I believe that inside manifold will block the vacuum hose passage through the firewall. 

5 minutes ago, JohnD1956 said:

Heater duct work looks great Mud, But did you lay in the vacuum hoses for the wipers before putting the inside hvac manifold in place?  I believe that inside manifold will block the vacuum hose passage through the firewall. 

It is not secured yet, but the opening are still visible.

• Like 1