Sign in to follow this  
X-Frame

WWII (1943-1944) Production Figures Question

Bill K's response previously included these pages. Finding it interesting, I saved a copies.   

Perhaps they were removed during various software updates?

2018_06_30_08_13_02_WW_II_Vehicle_Production_AACA_Discussion.doc_Compatibility_Mode_Microsoft_Wo.jpg

2018_06_30_08_12_29_WW_II_Vehicle_Production_AACA_Discussion.doc_Compatibility_Mode_Microsoft_Wo.jpg

2018_06_30_08_12_12_WW_II_Vehicle_Production_AACA_Discussion.doc_Compatibility_Mode_Microsoft_Wo.jpg

2018_06_30_08_11_51_WW_II_Vehicle_Production_AACA_Discussion.doc_Compatibility_Mode_Microsoft_Wo.jpg

Edited by CarFreak (see edit history)

On orders from the U.S. Government, Ford built and sent, 1944 2-Door Sedans to a company called Schult Trailer Co. in Middlebury Indiana, to be converted into "Auxiliary Ambulance and Carryall units. The exact number is not known but one survivor, #SW-63 exists, so we know that at least 63 were built. I don't know if these are included in your totals.

9 hours ago, tom M LITTLEONE said:

i have a 1945 ford coupe ,its all custom chev motor body and frame are original very pretty ,i keep getting told that there is no such car all i can say is your wrong.

You need to find some out of the way place on the car to put a tiny flaw or an obviously incorrect part. That will always capture their attention. Even little old ladies in the grocery store parking lot. The Chevy swap is too common. Maybe a little scratch from a screwdriver next to the license plate bolt. They will kneel down and touch it (touch is the only sense they trust) and say "Whaaaat's thaaaaat?"

Are you getting the authoritative types or the whiny ones?

Create a diversion.

Bernie

My grandmother had a Hudson, 4 door car bought (I believe) in 1944 or 1945.  The odd thing a out it was that the dash had a radio that was from another company (Ford I think)  and the steering wheel had a Chevy emblem.   I was 12 at the time it was sold in 1964, so my memory of what the companies were might be incorrect, but I remember they were not Hudson. My grandmother said they were original to the car.   She told us that after the war, the manufacturers would use whatever parts they could get. Has anybody else heard of something like this? I know she said she got the car a little cheaper when she bought it because of the different manufacturers.