Well, I Really Doo-ed it now!

Dandy Dave

Looks like I am officialy a Buick Family, and collector of Buicks as I have just bought my 3rd. Mr. Earl put a bug in my ear and got me thinking about a Riviera and I landed a 1982 Riviera Red Convertible. Wooo Hooooo! :D A Genuine, for really real, two door, rag top Buick. :P

Buick : Riviera: eBay Motors (item 200488032800 end time Jul-02-10 18:52:38 PDT)

Now, the question is, should I fly down and drive it home? Or trailer it? Looks sweet and the fellow says it runs very good but he has only put 50 or so miles on it himself.

After this beautiful buy, I think I'll need to slow down a little. As it is, I think I should sell some bulldozers to make room in the shed for my latest adoption. Yep, Trading Caterpillars for Buicks. What could be finer? :cool: Dandy Dave!

Guest 75RivGS

Congratulations!!

... what a beautiful combination.. red (is that spectra red??) w/ white top

Unfortunately no under the hood photos.

Driving the Riv to NY would be my choice, but although a convertible I would still like to have that AC working.

DRIVE, DRIVE, DRIVE, where's your sense of adventure???

Maybe toss the latest BCA membership roster in your bag just in case you need a hand somewhere.

Nice looking car Dave, bet it goes as well as it looks - wouldn't worry about the non working A/C but a bit of music would be nice!!

Dave. Very nice looking BUICK like John said bring it to Easthampton a very nice place to show off that beautiful Buick and if you're real nice I will bring you a working radio as a gift. How can you beat that a great show put on by the minute Man and the radio and of course a good shot at a nice trophy for that car. See you there.

Have a great Buick day

Frank

I've decided to have it transported home rather than go after it. Too much work going on right now and I cannot drive there, pick it up, and trailer it home cheeper than they can ship it for. I hired a company called One Shot Auto Transport LLC. Anyone deal with them before? They should be picking it up about Saturday, and It will be a Two or Three day ride depending on the route. Shipping charge is $650 on an open carrier. Ey ey Captians, Frank and John, I will try to make the East Hampton Show with this beauty. Dandy Dave!

I got a message last night that the 82 Riviera is loaded and on it's way home. Should Arrive about Monday or so. Woooo Hoooooo! :D Stay tuned for photos on arrival day gang. Dandy Dave!

Dandy you are going to like that car. I have an 84 and it is great for crusing around. I love the Reatta but when you have to take the grandkids the Riviera is a must. They are quiet with the top up and the AC on when it is really hot out.

Have a good time with it

It means you done drank from the worm tin...

LOL..... A little beer in the worm tin would not be any worse than drinking your way to the worm in the bottom of the Tequila bottle....:P.... ;) Dandy Dave!

I went a few years ago and took the 15. I had a good time with plenty of Buicks to look at and very friendly folks. John S. could give you a better Idea as to how many Buicks turn up on average. Dandy Dave!

LOL..... A little beer in the worm tin would not be any worse than drinking your way to the worm in the bottom of the Tequila bottle....:P.... ;) Dandy Dave!

I disagree...I never remember eating the worm at the bottom of the tequila bottle but I don't think I could ever forget drinking beer from a worm "tin". What the heck is a worm tin anyhow. We call them cans or buckets down here....

So have they delivered the SpeedoRivi yet. Of course all y'all know we're gonna have to suffer through pictures of DD in his Speedos laying all over the hood of the car when he gets it.:o

I put plates on it and took it for a ride yesterday. It has a few squeaks and needs some TLC in some areas but it drives and rides like a dream. Yep, I'm Happy. :) It is basically rust free, floor pans and all. Mechanical stuff does not scare me as I can fix anything on it myself. What a ride Baby. All I need now is a Ten Gallon Hat and a Cigar. :D Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)