Antique vehicles and snow photos

Shop Rat

This thread inspired me to take my '35 Packard 12 out of the garage and snap some pictures when I warmed it up today. There's just a sprinkling of snow on the ground, but it will have to do.

Can't wait until spring.....

post-54236-143138155857_thumb.jpg

post-54236-143138155861_thumb.jpg

post-54236-143138155865_thumb.jpg

Guest windjamer

I can not post a pic. But I think shoprats idea is ex. I like Lamars Buick and also the 47 Simca. What do you think Steve.? $15. a box of 25???

Nice, Tom, nice. Are all of those yours????

How is the little yellow racecar? That was so much fun to get to help talk you into buying it. And to then get photos of you driving it back to your trailer at Hershey.

The little yellow racer is now in the shop. I am installing a reverse gearbox and a starter/generator. The "only forward" routine was getting old.

Two of the cars are mine, the convertible coupe is a customer's. Just complete a wire harness install on it.

Guest DeSoto Frank
A train and a Buick............

Great photo !

Where & When ?

( I'm guessing somewhere "out West", looking at the mountains )

:cool:

Here is a picture of a 1928DB that Dad bought in 1942.

The picture was taken in the 50's on the way to the highway. The front axle of the car is on a bob sleigh and the rear axle is on a stoneboat and being pulled behind is an enclosed cutter with a wood stove & a light run with a 6 volt battery. The outfit was taken to a neighbor 6 miles away and the car was driven to town. On the way home the car was left at the neighbors for the next trip to town . The horses and cutter were then driven home.

Glen.

post-63263-143138158804_thumb.jpg

Guest DeSoto Frank
This is how they used to open up roads after heavy snow storms like in the previous photo. These two non OSHA approved behemoth snow blowers were made by the Winther Motor Co. in 1921. Winther had factories in Wisconsin and Illinois and made heavy duty four wheel drive trucks.

Mongo Like ! Mongo want both trucks ! :D

post-31530-143138158823_thumb.jpg

post-31530-143138158824_thumb.jpg

Edited by DeSoto Frank (see edit history)

Guest Skyking
Great photo !

Where & When ?

( I'm guessing somewhere "out West", looking at the mountains )

:cool:

Frank, that photo was in an email that was sent to me about Trains and cars. That photo was taken in Heber City, Utah. I don't know when the photo was taken, but it is beautiful...........

• 2 weeks later...

Had the 31 out today testing the carburetor forour trip to Arizona next winter . It was -15 Celsius and the car ran good.

That's +2 F.

Glen.

post-63263-143138164952_thumb.jpg

Guest Steve Hughes

Those truck photos show how much things stay the same. Here are a couple of pics of clearing train tracks this winter in Nebraska.

post-66042-143138164973_thumb.jpg

post-66042-143138164975_thumb.jpg

post-66042-143138164977_thumb.jpg

post-66042-143138164979_thumb.jpg

post-66042-143138164981_thumb.jpg

Guest mystarcollectorcar.com

Drive by this every day-never get used to seeing it even after several years.The guy has no interest in selling either.

post-64732-143138164983_thumb.jpg

This was 3 years ago here in Colorado. In the snowbank are 3 Ampicars (you only see one). I "temporarilly" parked my white driver there just 2 days before we had 3 blizzards in a week. I'm glad it had top quality outdoor rated cover on it. It was there until March! :cool:

The second pic is when I was out on a lake in the winter. If you look closely there is ice all around me. Even in the mirrors!

post-31565-143138165072_thumb.jpg

post-31565-143138165074_thumb.jpg

Guest DeSoto Frank
Hi,

Here's our '26 Chrysler G-70 Phaeton on January 9th 2010 ready to go out for a ride to check out the fuel system improvements.

Nice day for a ride.

Bill Boudway

Nice car, Bill !

I'm quietly jealous... you have two of my favorite cars: first generation Chrysler touring and Packard "Twin-Six" ! :cool:

About ten years ago, there was a Chrysler Club meet in Scranton, and I got the rare treat to drive :D:D:D a '24 Chrysler B-70 Touring - what a blast !

Hope to own a '24-'27 Chrysler 70 some day !

How'd the test drive go ?

DeSoto Frank

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 25erduplex

I know this thread is a little old but with all the people out there buried in the snow right now I thought it might be time for some more photos.

Here is a street scene(I don't know where) but there is a range of vehicle ages here. Note the old 76 sign.

post-63473-143138172161_thumb.jpg

Guest DeSoto Frank
I know this thread is a little old but with all the people out there buried in the snow right now I thought it might be time for some more photos.

Here is a street scene(I don't know where) but there is a range of vehicle ages here. Note the old 76 sign.

First three vehicles facing camera are:

1930 Model A

1951(?) Olds

1946-48 Olds

Don't suppose a 93 is an "Antique" but we don't get that many shots at getting pictures of vehicles in snow here in Georgia and I like to show her off anyway...... Managed to get home before the roads became impassable. Saw 3 spinouts on the way.The Kroger Supermarket parking lot was packed and cars backed up a mile so wasn't able to get any bread and milk. Bubbas liquor store the same way, but never fear, I'm never without my JWB. Will probably be snowed in for sure tomorrow as they're predicting 2-3 feet of snow over southern Georgia. Of course you need to use the Nawthern/Southern 1 inch/1 foot conversion factor in understanding what I'm talkin about. Got plenty of firewood and my old Buick Bugle magazine collection so I'm set. Thought I better stop and take a picture in front of my lil pond as I'm sure nobody is gonna believe 2 feet of snow in Georgia.

100_8331.jpg

Dear Shop Rat, I guess I know what you do all the long winter now.... Maybe you should get in the jig saw puzzle business and drive everyone else crazy too. :P LOL ;) Dandy Dave!

Bill loves jigsaw puzzles to the point that his kids and our grandkids try to outdo each other by finding one to stump him. Last year it was a small one with lots of antique cars on it. Repeats of the patterns and they only fit one way to make a square. Guess who finally figured it out? It wasn't the engineer in the family. :o:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Our snow is gone, but I just found these pics of 2 of my former cars while looking for another photo.

The car in front was going to be picked up the next day for a long trip to a junkyard :confused: ..

Not to worry, it went to a collector at French Lake Antique Auto Parts in Minnesota :) (a real old car salvage yard)

Both cars are wearing REX brand California all-weather tops. You probably will never see a modern pic of two of these tops in one pic. I have never seen one in person until these showed up.

post-59419-143138182402_thumb.jpg

post-59419-143138182406_thumb.jpg

post-59419-143138182409_thumb.jpg

Guest 25baker&Ts

i used to play in the snow with my 1920 model T snowmobile. but i out grew the cold and snow and now do winter in florida and the summer in upstate NY.

post-66114-143138183356_thumb.jpg

post-66114-143138183358_thumb.jpg

Guest DeSoto Frank
Our snow is gone, but I just found these pics of 2 of my former cars while looking for another photo.

The car in front was going to be picked up the next day for a long trip to a junkyard :confused: ..

Not to worry, it went to a collector at French Lake Antique Auto Parts in Minnesota :) (a real old car salvage yard)

Both cars are wearing REX brand California all-weather tops. You probably will never see a modern pic of two of these tops in one pic. I have never seen one in person until these showed up.

What make vehicles are these ?

What make vehicles are these ?

The one in front is a 20 Reo with many accessories put on when new. It was a 4dr cut off by the orig owner later in life.

The 2nd car is an 18 Stude converted to a wrecker at some point.

The snow is almost gone in Chicago. This 1960 Starliner is used as a winter beater. It has been used all winter. The owner drives a very nice 1960 Ranch wagon during the spring, summer and fall. This car is a legitimate HIPO car. It is rusty, but trusty!

post-59985-143138185352_thumb.jpg