So what car do you want to find under the tree.

Dandy Dave

Here we are, It is December already and there are only 24 shopping days left. So there must be a special car that you want to find under the tree, or parked in the garage? What is it?

Me first, my choice is, A 1911 Stoddard Dayton Roadster. 48 HP. Perferabley the one that was owned by the Scripps Booth family that was in Hershey in the Mid 70's. :D Dandy Dave!

Oh Earl. What a copout. Since when did not having room for any more cars slow us down? That's just an excuse to build a bigger and better garage!:cool:

I think if I could have any one 'nother car, it would be a 1960 Oldsmobile sedan or a 1967-8 Thunderbird coupe. I would someday like to own a prewar car but not sure if I have time and knowledge for that just yet.

'Course at the moment I'd settle for enough meaningful time off to get the ones I have running and driving again.:rolleyes:

A Big Brass Stevens-Duryea Touring would be justperfect , next to the Big Brass Locomobile that Dale would love to drive (but not have to polish and wax it).

A '15 Cadillac 7-passenger Touring would be a nice stable-mate to what we already have.

Hope y'all's holidays are full of contentment for what we do have, and thoughts for our military in harm's way.

I asked Santa for a red Viper the other night when I saw him at our local tree lighting (No...I did NOT sit on his lap), but I would settle for a 1929 L-29 Cord cabriolet that has always thrilled me to see.

67 RS SS Camaro with bumble bee stripe.

Dodge Dart with factory installed Hemi

69 Yenco Camaro or any COPO 427 car

59 Impala Convertible

59 Corvette Convertible

The original 49 Harley, (with every available option), I sold when my daughter was born in '83

Now..... Were is Santa??

Not asking for much.

Bill H

Guest ken bogren

How does anyone narrow this down to just one car?

OK, let me try....

1: Any series 1940 0r 41 Oldsmobile 4 door sedan with a Hydra-Matic transmission in great touring condition.

Geeze... that was HARD..... so many cars..... sigh!

Guest windjamer

:DI would like a 42-48 Ford sportsman convertable, with a 31 Ford roadster for back up and a months training on how to fix it from Dandy Dave.:D:D

Me I'll take the one in my garage...I know that's corny to all you restoration vets but Its my first old car and I am smitten with it.

Problem is I have the engine out due to it ceasing a week after its arrival and I am saving for a full rebuild kit....so what I want under the tree is a nice big box of 322 Nailhead parts :D

I hope Santa doesn't forget the Buick Green engine paint ;)

Once the new Brass-Era Cars are under the tree, we'll need an every-day driver -- it may as well be a 1958 Chrysler Imperial Convertible with the 392 Hemi and 3-speed Torque-Flyte, white, with red leather interior and white convertible top - just like the one that belonged to the mother of the girl I dated from Paterson, New Jersey in the late'50s

Guest billybird

keiser31: Thank you very much for the offer; but I just can't take on anything else right now. Thats why it's my dream car. I'm dreaming of the day when I can.

Guest MOPARNUT

I wish I could find my first car I ever owned under my christmas tree It was a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda with pistol grip shifter. It was plum crazy with black interior. It also had the black billboard stripe on the side. It was a real hemi numbers matching car. I would love to have her back again.

I wish I could find my first car I ever owned under my christmas tree It was a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda with pistol grip shifter. It was plum crazy with black interior. It also had the black billboard stripe on the side. It was a real hemi numbers matching car. I would love to have her back again.

I would bet that if you go to GTS Home, my buddy Galen can tell you exactly where it is. Give him the V.I.N. and he can look in his records...he knows where most of them are now. John

Let me see, Steve will appreciate my choices, a series 8 Franklin touring, an Olympic convertible and a V8 Tatra. I'm kinda hooked on air-cooling!

I've already asked Santa for the Series 8 many times with no luck. That one is the final Franklin to round out my almost perfect Franklin collection (counting Dad's cars).

(I already have the Olympic convertible, just hope I finish it someday. Maybe I should ask for elves too.)

post-48034-143138140883_thumb.jpg

post-48034-143138140885_thumb.jpg

Edited by Steve Braverman (see edit history)

:DI would like a 42-48 Ford sportsman convertable, with a 31 Ford roadster for back up and a months training on how to fix it from Dandy Dave.:D:D

Oh gees windjamer, A whole month, :eek:. I could show you most common problems with a Model A Ford, and what to do to fix them in about an afternoon. Yes, they are that simple, and very reliable. So, with that said, Any afternoon you are ready! :D Dandy Dave!

Guest DeSoto Frank

So hard to chose just one...

So here's my short list this year:

Something Big & Brassy:

Locomobile 48 touring

Packard Twin-Six

big Willys-Knight

And then,

de Causse Franklin

Chrysler B-70 touring or Roadster

Airflow

'55 De Soto Fireflite Sportsman 2dr HT, navy blue with grey top & sweep

My first choice would be the 1911 Oldsmobile Limited in the AACA Museum, but I would settle for a 1911 Oldsmobile Autocrat if I had to.....

That 1911 Oldsmobile Limited my dream car, to bad they cost so much.......

I will have to keep driving the REO I guess....

Guest windjamer
:D Hey double D be a wee bit carefull with the invites.Im only about 3Hr. from you. You could wake up some sunny spring morn. and find a student in your drive wateing for the school bell to ring.:eek::D

:D Hey double D be a wee bit carefull with the invites.Im only about 3Hr. from you. You could wake up some sunny spring morn. and find a student in your drive wateing for the school bell to ring.:eek::D

You will have to bring a Model A with you because I have none in the Stable. Model A's are nice, but like everyone and there brother has one. I like to own cars that are a little more elusive. But I still do my share of mechanical repairs on Model "A"s for others. Yeah, I know you are that Close, Just wait for a nice sunny and warm day, or I will come to your well lit, and well heated garage if it is winter. First rule of owning a Model "A", is always carry a condenser under the seat. Second rule is the have a spare starter spring for those who do not remember to retard the spark. I never broke one myself, but have changed enough for green horns....;) Dandy Dave!