Miserable Weather Today in Virginia!

R W Burgess

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W Burgess</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mr. J is back today with 3 buddies. Peterson said he'd have him for lunch. Not much meat there, West! smile.gif

jay_3.jpg

Wayne

</div></div>

Yeah and it is really hard to find "Blue Jay Helper" at your local grocery store. smirk.gifgrin.gif

You guys should winter in Wisconsin where 20 below and wind chills of 60 below are not uncommon. And last winter 110 inches of snow. Winter is when we get our cars ready for summer but if we get bored we get out our ice boats and sail on our frozen lakes at 100 mph with no brakes, you guys don'y know what cold is! That's why we enjoy hot buttered rum's, Tom & Jery's, and glugg.

You don't really enjoy good weather unless you have bad weather to compare it to.

Guest Leonard Shepherd

Last Monday we had snow in Richmond, but today we had a record temperature...82 degrees.

Guest Skyking

Yesterday, it was 63 degrees and felt like summer. It's been a long time since it was that warm. Well today it was again in the 20's with snow flurries and very raw! I'm ready for some Global warming...............

Long as you didn't go more than 250 miles AWAY from home with it, I guess you're OK and within the letter of the law...

Burgess, did I tell you Danny Marshall sent me a Christmas card? shocked.gif

Yup- from 6" snow last week to balmy and sunny this week. I should have got one of the cars out Sunday afternoon and gone for a ride, but there were other things pressing as usual.

Last Sautrday it was about 75 degrees here in Eastern Pen nasylvania.

I took the opportunity to remove my snow tires and wash/wax my commuter and winter vehicles.

If I have learned nothing else it is to take advantage of good weather when Mother Nature smiles on us.

Guest myold88

Drove to Saverna Park, Md this past weekend from Ct to visit my daughter. Balmy in the high 60's sunday at a small car show in Alexandrea Va. Spring is on its way but back here in north west Ct its at least two more weeks of cold before I get my restored Olds 88 out of hibernation. Cant wait.

Guest myold88

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: West Peterson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I flew to Atlanta and drove this beauty. What a nice driving car! </div></div> 41 Cadillac ?. Looks like my house - LOL.

Keep this in mind: (the attempt to hijack this thread intentional)

<span style="font-weight: bold">AFTERTHOUGHT</span>: A tardy sense of prudence that prompts one to try to shut his mouth about the time he has put his foot in it.

<span style="font-weight: bold">ADVICE</span>: A commodity peddled by your lawyer and given away by your mother-in-law, but impossible to dispose of yourself. Famous as the one thing which it is "More blesed to give than receive."

<span style="font-weight: bold">GOOD ADVICE</span>: Something old men give young men when they can no longer give them a bad example.

<span style="font-weight: bold">AUTOMOBILE</span>: From Eng. <span style="font-style: italic">ought to</span>, and Lat. <span style="font-style: italic">moveo</span>, to move. A vehicle which ought to move, but frequently can't.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W Burgess</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> We're having a blast watching all kinds of birds feast on the scattered food I throw out for them. smile.gif

cardinal.jpg

Mr. J is back today with 3 buddies. Peterson said he'd have him for lunch. Not much meat there, West! smile.gif

jay_3.jpg

Wayne </div></div>

Hey, Wayne...

My bird would like to meet your birds for lunch. In fact, my bird would like to have your birds for lunch. grin.gifblush.gif

post-33613-14313805398_thumb.jpg

Copy of mail posted this day, 3-20-09. smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Dear Mr. Moskowitz,

Our magazine editor evidently has too much time on his hands. As his boss, would you be able to find something for him to do to keep him busy?

Thank you,

AACA Member

R W Burgess</div></div>

I can't remember when I had so much fun reading , as this exchange between Wayne and West, two gentlemen whose opinions I am supposed to respect - some comments are for the birds - some are Stude-ous, some are Hawk-ish.

I'm just enjoying the New Orleans 78 degree sunshine, and joining our St. Bernard and Slidell Chapters of Louisiana Region AACA in a 200+ mile tour tomorrow to Camp Shelby - Mississippi's Military Museum. We have at least 99 members signed-up for the shared activity. I'll drive the yellow '41 Cadillac - top down, of course

Thanks West and Wayne,

• 1 month later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: F&J</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A foot overnight here. I just punched a bit of the driveway and a path to the shop.....and now it's snowing hard again!.

My son is supposed to handle the snow with his antique tractors. He claimed he had a job overnight to help keep the Fedex terminal cleared, so I have not heard from him all day.

Here is a pic from 2 minutes ago. My son's 1961 Cub Loboy actually started for me...and he left some gas in it.. smile.gif Also, my daily driver 70 VW wagon...and my shop. I'm going out there now to work on the Nash smile.gif

I hope the correct pic shows up. I did one this morning via "attachments" and somones newer car from this site came up as a thumbnail?? </div></div>

Hey Bro, I thought that kool Squareback that I saw yesterday at the CT VW Association gathering in Mansfield, CT looked familiar:

DustOff09FunkySqbkRr.JPG

Quite a contrast to that snow scene you pictured--I think we drove by a bank time & temp sign yesterday that was reading a solid 90 degrees!

Anyway, wishing you many happy miles,

Steve from Stony Creek, CT

I was there.. But I had also been to a engine/tractor swapmeet very early in the day, and after one hour in the midday sun, I headed home. I live in the same town as the Dustoff.

I know there is no swapmeet allowed on park property..but I really wanted to get rid of that orig German bug roof rack. smile.gif

I don't think we have met, but I assumed that was your 54? bug convertible there, because so few are left. I sold my 55 conv 2 years ago. I still have a 50 sedan, but most of it's parts are later 50s.

• 1 month later...
Guest Skyking

I brought this to the top again just to find how it's been in your neck of the woods.

Here in Rhode Island this spring has been the worst in history. We haven't had 3 days of sunshine in a row. It's been constant rain & cold temps. If you do get lucky to go to a cruise night, you better bring a coat along. Most days in May, Alaska has been warmer.

Right now as I'm typing, it's raining like he$$. They say it will be a nice weekend, but as usuall they'll be dead wrong. I'm almost embarrased to live here. I wish I stayed in Florida.

The bad part of all this is in 16 days, the days get shorter............ mad.gif

Guest Gary Hearn

I am here in Virginia and we have had 3" inches of rain since Wednesday. They are forecasting a dry weekend, but showers are expected all next week. Could be tough to get in hay...

It rained so hard here in Southside VA Wednesday afternoon that I was trapped in the truck for nearly half an hour waiting for it to let up so I could get in the house. I could not see the neighbor's house 1/8 mile away.

Had a wicked lightning and thunderclap that got me 2-month old answering machine, that replaced a 6-month old one when lightning got that one. Blew the cover off the transformer plug. Wondered about a surge protector, but me 1949 vintage house has 3-wire grounding receptacles only in the kitchen and the 1968 addition, and nowhere near the phone jacks. I may have to install new jacks.

What's amazing is I had one out there for nearly 15 years with no electrical surge issues. I replaced it when I could no longer get a tape cassette for it, and I have bought three electronic ones in the last 15 months. The common thread is "made in China".