All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. VCCA also has a Facebook page run by that club; https://www.facebook.com/groups/50230437832/
  3. https://www.tssco.com/product/rubber-stop-flapper-sign/
  4. I believe it got the name "battleship linoleum" because it is battleship grey in color... Frank
  5. I would say they steer pretty much like any other big car without power steering -- in other words, with considerable difficulty! Parking lots can be tricky, but the real bear is parallel parking on the street.
  6. Join a marque club and meet other owners, especially the older guys who have been chasing your car of choice for the past 30 or more years. There are always a few of those owners who have a considerable stash including used drivetrain and suspension parts plus accumulated overhaul and trim parts. One stop shopping with one of those owners will make your project considerably easier and you’ll probably get some very valuable advice with your purchases. Many of the long time owners are excited to help and see their parts live on in other vehicles.
  7. Phil. The site shows that I can only reserve up to Friday night. Check out Saturday. No good for us. We too leave saturday
  8. Click on the kink to watch a 21st century kid master a Model A. I think he does a pretty good job. https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/autos/why-driving-a-1930s-ford-model-a-is-so-insanely-difficult/vi-AA1nGftQ?ocid=hpmsn&t=6
  9. I converted my 1971 Monte Carlo to a Pertronix unit 24 years ago and it has been flawless since.
  10. There's no reason to put an HEI on a nailhead. They are too large, ugly to look at and are less reliable than a stock distributor with a Pertronix conversion kit installed. This is only my opinion of course........other opinions may vary.
  11. Got the batteries load tested and both are bad. Just like you guy said. Got a new batterie. It still just turns the bendix gear but doesn't turn the flywheel. I didn't monkey with the bendix gear when I cleaned the starter and replaced the brushes.
  12. From some family photos my wife found recently. The photo is out of focus as originally taken. I have no clue what it might be.
  13. Some pictures need no explanation…
  14. Today
  15. This Victory Six is currently in the "Not Mine" cars for sale forum - LINK Not what you're sking, but it shows there is availability
  16. Marmon Herrington trucks have distinct badging on the hood and dashboard. I don't see holes in the hood for this badging on this truck. The windows look crudely cut also. I would venture to guess its not a Marmon Herrington.
  17. Yesterday and today was spent getting the engine running. It had very low compression many years ago and I pulled it and put a replacement in about 12 years ago. I talked to the guy that I bought it from and he said that that engine ran good and may have been rebuilt before he got the car. So during COVID lockdown I went over the engine and got the compression back up and when I was working on the FOR I pulled the engine that I put in it 12 years ago. This engine is what the car was titled with so I wanted it back in the car. Yesterday I fired it up and it ran good for a few seconds, then ran out of gas. After working on the fuel pump I got it running again but the more I ran it the worse it got. Today I noticed the centrifugal advance on the distributor was not working right. So apart it came and cleaned everything up and now it fires up on the touch of the starter button. I also installed a seat and added brake fluid and drove it around my lot today. Did a little work on the top bows and also got the bumper back for the '90 T Bird. Lots to do!
  1. Load more activity