It looks to me as if you're going at warp speed... making the whole project look downright easy (which I know it isn't).

• Like 1

Not much to report.  Ran the brake lines and fuel line, hopefully didn't get them crossed. ;)   Identified more brass washers I was missing and ordered those along with other small various items that I can't figure out how I didn't know I would need.   Getting ready to replace the throttle shaft bushings in the carb, should have the bushings mid-week.   I think I have the rest of the parts to complete the carb overhaul but I thought that already, twice. 

I feel your pain.  I ordered a new throttle shaft, as the old one is very worn.  The shaft is too long and does not have a hole drilled for the idle stop lever, nor does the idle stop lever itself have a hole in it to pin it to the shaft.  I took it to a machine shop to have it cut to length and the holes drilled.  I've never seen a group of people so confused by such a simple job.  I guarantee they will screw it up, so I'll probably have to take it elsewhere.  Will end up losing at least 3 weeks of time for 5 minutes of work if it was at a competent shop.

Please post photos of the carbs when you're finished!

-Chris

Yeah, just got the same shaft, way too long, no hole for the idle stop lever, etc, etc.  I did manage to ream out the old bushings and press new ones in and the shaft is nice and snug now so I'm pretty happy about that.   I won't be getting any work done this weekend as I am on a old machine tool hunt.  I've found a few interesting items and I'll be driving about an 8 hour loop to look at them.  Hopefully I can bring home some goodies.  An old Racine power hacksaw is target number one and I feel good about that one.  A very old Cincinnati Tool Grinder/Cutter is another target but I think it may be too far gone.  Should be a fun trip.

• Like 1

Hi, I would just like to say how much I am enjoying your reports on the MG TC restoration. Having recently documented a series of reports for the MG Car Club V8 Register website, on my MBG roadster V8 rebuild, I appreciate the amount of work that goes into planning the restoration, the work involved and report writing. Keep up the good work.

Mike

I was surprised me to see that the TD suspension was very similar to the MGB suspension. Here is the attachment to my MGB V8 rebuild

http://www.v8register.net/profileV8RebuildMacartney.htm Report 161 is an index to the reports.

This week I have been helping a friend in our village with his MGTD which he has owned since the 1960's, the car was 12 years old when he bought it. He is having problems with 'heat soak' and the coolant boiling when the engine is switched off. In the UK we have some unusually hot weather at the present time, which is not helping his cooling problem. His TD is much more sophisticated car than the PA and TA models that I have driven previously.

Mike