1930 studebaker President Reduced 32500

For sale.frame off total restoration

a.a.c.a. senior 2015.

refer to classic cars.com listing 939043

see links below to see complete description and pick of day article

https://classiccars.com/listings/view/939043/1930-studebaker-president-for-sale-in-houma-louisiana-70360

https://news.classiccars.com/pick-day-1930-studebaker-president/5011513-1930-studebaker-president-std/

ken smart

houma,la.

985-879-1003

Edited by ols car dog
added links reduce price (see edit history)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes, this model is now accepted by CCCA as "CLASSIC", and is eligible for their CARavans and Grand Classics.

By the way, I'm familiar with this particular car and can speak to the quality of its condition. The owner/restorer is meticulous in his work and care.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love BAT, but it seems that prewar cars don't do very good there. A 1931 Cadillac V12 coupe sold for $126k. A 1932 Packard eight roadster got stuck at $132.5k and a 1939 Packard V12 formal sedan was at $38k. Post war sports cars seem do very well on BAT.

Edited by bdc
Forgot a word (see edit history)

Thanks for your thought's

It appears that  my kind of pre war car is completley out of favor at this time.

I'll give it some time at this price and see what happens.At this time it's in pristine condition so if 

l start using it on tours that's when the chips and scratches happen and its downhill from there

Ken

It's a beautiful car - keep and enjoy it!

On 7/4/2018 at 10:36 PM, ols car dog said:

Thanks for your thought's

It appears that  my kind of pre war car is completley out of favor at this time.

I'll give it some time at this price and see what happens.At this time it's in pristine condition so if 

l start using it on tours that's when the chips and scratches happen and its downhill from there

Ken

I understand your chip and scratch concerns, but unless you found old primers and paints to restore it the finish is incredibly more durable than those of the past. Unless you plan to rip down gravel roads at 50 MPH there's not much damage that can happen. Even after a few thousand miles the worst you'll encounter for work is a day under it with some soap and water. Putting miles on such cars is really 1/2 the juice of having them. It looks as though in your case the juice is really worth the squeeze. Cars with miles aquired are always better than the wallflower that never gets asked to "dance", if ya know what I mean. 

FInally, as to "out of favor", that's the fault of time and current owner's changing habits. The fun and marvel of vintage cars gets better with time ,not worse. Enthusiasm is contageous so get em out there and let's all stop with this "...nobody wants..." BS once and for all. Van Halen said it too, "Everybody Wants Some" so show em what they want y'all.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/4/2018 at 10:36 PM, ols car dog said:

...At this time it's in pristine condition so if 

Ken

Ken, I agree that a car that has been used carefully

has more appeal than one that has barely gotten out of the trailer.

If you can say, "I've driven this car numerous times this year,

and put on 300 [or 500] miles without any problems," that 

gives confidence to a potential buyer.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...